• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dub Voice Actor Guesses/Discussion

I'm hoping for the best for him. I really wanted to meet him at a con too. Does that mean he won't be voicing the end of his characters?
I hope he has a full and safe recovery

As of the latest episode released in Canada (Master’s 8 arc), he is still voicing Team Rocket and Professor Oak. Hopefully he’s able to able to finish voicing his characters in their final remaining episodes.

I’ve seen many of his interviews, and I can tell he genuinely enjoys his work in Pokemon and the characters he’s voiced. Fun fact, Gary Oak is one of the only recurring character from season 1, that hasn’t had a change of VA in the English dub.

Behind the scenes of the dub it seems like they are currently dubbing the final stretch of episodes. I wonder if he's is out of the dub right now or some of his work was divided up?

Ash (Sarah Natochenny) and Cynthia's (Emily Bauer) battle finally draws to a close this week. Who will emerge victorious and gain the chance to face Leon in the final round of the Masters Eight tournament?

Next week, Goh and Cinderace take a trip down memory lane.

I recently found out via Facebook (by Michele Knotz) that James Carter Cathcart, the current English VA of Gary, James, Meowth (and many other Pokemon) is currently undergoing treatment of what appears to be an advanced type of cancer.
Oh no :( I can't believe it, that's terrible to hear. Wishing him the best and hopefully he can make a full, swift recovery soon.

I wonder if his roles have to be replaced or if he already finished up that material already.

Hopefully he's had the opportunity to finish voicing his characters these final episodes. It would be unfortunate to see a major recast of his roles this late in the series. But health should always come first, and I wish him well.

Alot of the characters that he voices (human and pokemon) appear in Aim To Be A Pokemon Master.

Which makes me think after they eventually finish dubbing the miniseries, would they keep the same crew or or go in a total 180 with a completely different one? Maybe whatever dubbing company is in charge of the next Gen series?

That is one thing I am wondering as well. I do expect them to cast a lot of new talent for all the new human characters and the new Paldean Pokemon that will be appearing in this series.

But the current TPCi cast also provide the voice of many of previous gen Pokemon that will very likely appear due to it being another multi region series, I wonder if they will still be voicing those Pokemon.

Plus there's certain human characters like Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny that are not neccesarily tied to Ash and will very likely appear in this series too. But those two characters tend to get a new English VA every new series, so I wouldn't be surprise if someone new voices them.

Which makes me think after they eventually finish dubbing the miniseries, would they keep the same crew or or go in a total 180 with a completely different one? Maybe whatever dubbing company is in charge of the next Gen series?
Pretty sure Lisa Ortiz confirmed that she'll be staying on so it'll very likely be the same crew as always with Iyuno back on board as well.

Pretty sure Lisa Ortiz confirmed that she'll be staying on so it'll very likely be the same crew as always with Iyuno back on board as well.
Who knows exactly. I thought then they change audio recording studios, it's to find the"cheapest bidder." Was that the case for the switch to iyuno or did they spend a pretty Lenny was so they could get a lot of different new voice actors in the dub?

Back
Top Bottom