• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

The 8th is also the start of the Worlds Championship, so a Presents would make sense in that regard
I know they tend to have one in August, but have they done it at the start of Worlds or before? I know Worlds tends to be a time they do reveal some info, like how Cyclizar was revealed last year.

Last edited:
Datamines are generally the most concrete form of leak.

I personally do not trust any other type on principle except.

35 minutes seems really long, but I guess if they have to talk about 2 DLCs and Detective Pikachu it makes sense.

For reference, previous direct lengths were:

Feb 2021: 20 mins
Aug 2021: 27
Feb 2022: 14
Aug 2022: 19
Feb 2023: 25

The closest was the Aug 2021 direct which had to talk about BDSP and PLA. It had about 5 mins of mobile news. 9 mins of BDSP and 11 mins of PLA. And 1 min of talking fluff at the beginning and end.

This one will probably spend some time advertising Worlds as well.

My guess:

10-12 mins of introductory fluff, talking about Worlds and mobile gaming news.

8 mins of detective Pikachu.

10 mins talking about DLC.

5 mins ??? Could be nothing. Could be something. Estimates could just be off.

We are for sure getting an announcement of a mewtwo 7-star terra raid. Khu tweeted about it, but I think it's also been confirmed by data mines?

I think the most realistic expectation we can hope for in terms of surprise reveals would be Gens 1-3 on NSO. I would personally be ecstatic for a new Mystery Dungeon or Explorers DX, but I think chances of that are very slim (not non-existent, but slim).

It doesn't really matter to me if we don't get any surprises though. I'm just eager to finally get a in depth look at the DLC and release dates.

Going to have to discuss Paldea characters coming to Masters since Nemona was datamined. Maybe they'll tell us who's next (Arven seems a sure bet, possibly with Penny and maybe Clavell).

You know, once they figure out the logistics of how the heck they're going to add the actual villains, considering everything. Though they did get Lysandre so maybe pull a "oh yeah they just came from a timeline where they survived", or maybe they're the one who left when Arven was a baby (ie, from the timeline where they're not the bigbad, just a shitty person).

1. Pokemon Worlds opening stuff, including something like showing off the trophy
  2. Mobile game updates
    • Pokemon Go: More of Gen 8 coming to Pokemon Go (Galarian variants, Wooloo, Dubwool, Skwovet, Greedent, Falkinks, Zacian and Zamazenta are already in)
    • Pokemon Unite: Blaziken and Meowscarada joining the roster (Hinted by El Chico Eevee's datamines)
    • Pokemon Cafe Remix: Something like a Mewtwo event or something like Koraidon and Miraridon.
    • Pokemon Masters EX: Nemona joining the game is confirmed by datamine. Possibly Florian/Juliana and Director Clavell.
    • Pokemon Sleep updates.
  3. Pokemon TCG news
  4. Pokemon Concierge trailer
  5. 7-star Mewtwo raid for Scarlet and Violet.
  6. Detective Pikachu Returns update.
  7. Scarlet and Violet DLC updates, including the release date of The Teal Mask.
I'm calling it. This is my prediction and just watch, this is probably gonna be it. No real surprises like a tease for next year's game or something exciting like a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Just the standard mobile game updates, misc stuff like TCG and merchandise, and the big console game updates at the end. Sorry if its pessimistic, but these events have just become so predictable lately. Even with it being over half an hour, the extra time is probably just there to go a bit more in depth on the DLC and such.

Last edited:
  1. Pokemon Worlds opening stuff, including something like showing off the trophy
  2. Mobile game updates
    • Pokemon Go: More of Gen 8 coming to Pokemon Go (Galarian variants, Wooloo, Dubwool, Skwovet, Greedent, Falkinks, Zacian and Zamazenta are already in)
    • Pokemon Unite: Blaziken and Meowscarada joining the roster (Hinted by El Chico Eevee's datamines)
    • Pokemon Cafe Remix: Something like a Mewtwo event or something like Koraidon and Miraridon.
    • Pokemon Masters EX: Nemona joining the game is confirmed by datamine. Possibly Florian/Juliana and Director Clavell.
    • Pokemon Sleep updates.
  3. Pokemon TCG news
  4. Pokemon Concierge trailer
  5. 7-star Mewtwo raid for Scarlet and Violet.
  6. Detective Pikachu Returns update.
  7. Scarlet and Violet DLC updates, including the release date of The Teal Mask.
I'm calling it. This is my prediction and just watch, this is probably gonna be it. No real surprises like a tease for next year's game or something exciting like a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Just the standard mobile game updates, misc stuff like TCG and merchandise, and the big console game updates at the end. Sorry if its pessimistic, but these events have just become so predictable lately. Even with it being over half an hour, the extra time is probably just there to go a bit more in depth on the DLC and such.

Nothing wrong with a fairly realistic list. With the Scarlet and Violet DLC releasing this year, we'll most likely have to wait until early next year for whatever game is being released. On that note, I do think any Tera Raid news will be lumped into the Scarlet and Violet news because it's from the same game. The only other thing I can think of adding are the NSO games that haven't been released yet. They might not be included but we already know they're coming at some point. As for a spinoff game, while it could be possible to release one this year, I think it's more likely to have one next year.

Nothing wrong with a fairly realistic list. With the Scarlet and Violet DLC releasing this year, we'll most likely have to wait until early next year for whatever game is being released. On that note, I do think any Tera Raid news will be lumped into the Scarlet and Violet news because it's from the same game. The only other thing I can think of adding are the NSO games that haven't been released yet. They might not be included but we already know they're coming at some point. As for a spinoff game, while it could be possible to release one this year, I think it's more likely to have one next year.
That's the problem though. Its pretty realistic, but that's just it. Its very likely gonna be what we get. Nothing special or surprising. Most of these we tend to go in knowing what to expect. Its become so predictable.

I think you're probably right that we aren't getting any new game announcements like a Legends Kyurem or Let's Go Johto, but still, it seems odd that Riddler Khu would suddenly start making all these Unova teases if the game isn't even going to be announced for another six months anyway (unless he's been trolling us all this time).

I think you're probably right that we aren't getting any new game announcements like a Legends Kyurem or Let's Go Johto, but still, it seems odd that Riddler Khu would suddenly start making all these Unova teases if the game isn't even going to be announced for another six months anyway (unless he's been trolling us all this time).
Part of me thinks he could be, but who knows.

I WANT MORE UNOVA GAMES!!! I have completed games from almost all regions, save Kanto, Johto, and UNOVA! XY remakes wouldn't be bad, either. We already have B2 and W2, so whether or not we get Unova or Kalos games is up to debate.

I WANT MORE UNOVA GAMES!!! I have completed games from almost all regions, save Kanto, Johto, and UNOVA! XY remakes wouldn't be bad, either. We already have B2 and W2, so whether or not we get Unova or Kalos games is up to debate.
We also have a lot of unexplained mysteries in X/Y, like the ghost girl, the help sign, plus we have Eternal Flower Floette, which hasn't been officially released.

There's that power plant also they never really did anything with but if I recall, there was a clear entrance to it.
Yeah, that too! One of the entrances was available, but there were, like, three other entrances into other mystery areas of the plant that were locked. Now I want Kalos remakes more than Unova remakes lol!

Back
Top Bottom