• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pearlshipping vs. pokeshipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psyburn, wtf is your problem :-/

And if you'd read my post properly, you might have picked up that I was not condemning Son of Freud for looking too deeply into things, merely observing the matter and stating that I did not share his views. Neither of us have a promblem with that, so why do you?

And, to second Rocket Girl's point (which you rather conveniently ignored) what makes you think that Satoshi is arrogant?

Psyburn, wtf is your problem :-/

Im disillusioned as to how anyone can tell the difference between "satoshi" and "satoshi". Honestly, put (anime)/(creator) next to the name or used the dubbed name so its easier to tell who's talking about who. Its THAT easy.

you might have picked up that I was not condemning Son of Freud for looking too deeply into things

I did not mean to imply that, simply stating that he isn't the only one that looks too deeply into things. Its fandom, and everyone looks too deeply into things.

to second Rocket Girl's point (which you rather conveniently ignored) what makes you think that Satoshi is arrogant?

WHICH ONE!?:sweat:

Last edited:
Psyburn - it's called context. And the fact that I mentioned both a "Satoshi" and a "Satoshi Tajiri"/"Tajiri". It's THAT easy. Oh sorry, wait. I mean: Its THAT easy.

Why don't I just start again, 'huh? Satoshi (ANIME) is not arrogant.

Perhaps he or she meant "overconfident" since that is a quality Ash/Satoshi has demonstrated once in a while. But that is not the same as arrogance...

Psyburn - it's called context. And the fact that I mentioned both a "Satoshi" and a "Satoshi Tajiri"/"Tajiri". It's THAT easy. Oh sorry, wait. I mean: Its THAT easy.

3. Satoshi has never been arrogant. Nor has he ever been a pervert.

Its also THAT easy to include the distinction again. What? You expect me to guess for number 3 this time?

Why don't I just start again, 'huh? Satoshi (ANIME) is not arrogant.

Oh really?

"I am the greatest!" (after capturing Pidgeotto) "Check it out, i've got TWO badges!" (Sandshrew episode). The first fight against casey in johto is one of my favorite examples. Oh and lets not forget "This battle's not over until I WIN!" (in the same episode where he commanded his turtwig to tackle a FLAMEWHEEL!?)

Trust me, he's displayed tendencies of cocky bastard quite a few times.

"...cocky bastard..."​

I'll second those two words! XD

And, my friends, could we chill a bit? It's a discussion about two fictional character's hormones, not a philosophical battle... jeez. :ksmile:

"I am the greatest!" (after capturing Pidgeotto) "Check it out, i've got TWO badges!" (Sandshrew episode). The first fight against casey in johto is one of my favorite examples. Oh and lets not forget "This battle's not over until I WIN!" (in the same episode where he commanded his turtwig to tackle a FLAMEWHEEL!?)

Trust me, he's displayed tendencies of cocky bastard quite a few times.

I'd still qualify these examples as being overconfident. Arrogance makes it sound like he wants to be that way, and will stay that way forever, overconfidence is more like a flaw, that needs working on, than can be "cured"

Well, they're hard to compare, cuz they put in romantic gestures between Ash and Dawn\Misty to leave you hanging and make it that much harder to pick the shipping you like...

In response to Psyburn: I think there is a difference. If you for example don't like what someone is doing and you say "Stop that you arrogant bastard!" or you say "Can you stop doing that, it's very annoying" you'll most likely get different responses there... :-D

So if you think Ash is arrogant instead of overconfident, some proof may help your case.

I've already done so and you responded to it. And you're asking for more to deny?

You mentioned some situations where Ash showed poor judgement, overestimating himself, true. I still miss the motivation why this is arrogant instead of overconfidence. Arrogance doesn't wear down that easily, but apart from some setbacks, Ash's character has softened somewhat over the years, with more sense of responsibility. I find that hard to combine with arrogance...

You mentioned some situations where Ash showed poor judgement, overestimating himself, true. I still miss the motivation why this is arrogant instead of overconfidence. Arrogance doesn't wear down that easily, but apart from some setbacks, Ash's character has softened somewhat over the years, with more sense of responsibility. I find that hard to combine with arrogance...

Arrogance usually includes a display of superiority. His proclaiming of "I am the greatest" and constant bragging of his two badges are (at least, to me) displays of arrogance. I dont think it requires him being directly in a battle for this display.
Also, dont you mean "notion" instead of motivation?

So I guess the fact he didn't say that in Japanese doesn't matter?

PEARLSHIPPING FTW!!!!!!!!!!

YEs I know Misty liked Ash in the beginning of the show, and I used to like itbut it seemed to change in the Orange Islands. In the Orange Islands Misty didn't seem to be arond Ash as much as the seasons before it. She seemed to cling to Tracey alot so I swiched from PokeShipping to Orangeshipping.

With Pearlshipping, it has been said BY DAWN that she admires Ash. She has said that multiple times and Misty NEVER said that. Also Ash has seemed to care for Dawn a lot more then he ever did with Misty of May. Ash has also seemed more protective to Dawn and this is shown a lot in Rise of Darkrai. There is also the fact that those two are alone together so much more then Ash was with Misty.

Now the songs I have noticed are a high debate. But the thing is the Pokeshipping songs are fake. The only way for them to be real songs is if it were in Japanese and they aren't. Also the songs aren't even sung by Misty's voice actor. They are sung by Ash's Mom's voice actor. So foreget the Pokeshipping songs. With the Pearlshipping song High Touch, it is real. It is sung by the real voices of Ash and Dawn and it is in Japanese. Also the lyrics are about their feelings for eachother. They say several times that they will always be together and will never travel without the other.

So.....

PEARLSHIPPING FOREVER!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom