• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Should Pokemon Crystal Be Remade?

snorlaxzilla

Rye or the Kaiser?
Reaction score
Since Gold and Silver are being remade how come Crystal isn't being remade? Do you think it'll be remade?

We don't need another thread about Crystal...

Was Yellow remade? No.

Was Blue remade? No.

No Crystal. Period.

/thread.

I wouldnt mind Gen V seems to be a long way away and the game looks so good I'd like to see it even better.

So was Gen IV when Emerald wasn't yet released. Emerald came out in September '04 in Japan, DP didn't arrive until that same month in 2006. By extension we'd be able to put HGSS as September 2009, and Gen V as September 2011. Just long enough for the fans to complain and whine and complain. Yay.

Then again, Gen III had no gap like Gen IV did. It went RS, year, FRLG, year, E, two years, DP. Gen IV goes DP, two years, Pt, year, HGSS. So hey, Gen V could be announced in May and out by September of 2010 in Japan. Or not. But like Sketch said, they didn't remake Blue (Gen I's TRUE third version) and they didn't remake Yellow (though HGSS does seem to be hinting like that) so there's no need for a third version of HGSS.

Besides. You're already pouring $35 out for each game. Do you really need another one?

What would remaking Crystal accomplish anyway? Is there any feature that was exclusive to it and it alone?

Why would they remake Crystal? Anything they put into a Crystal remake can just be put in HG/SS. I'd rather not have them make yet another game thus delaying Gen 5 even further.

Yes...we loved Kris, but she's not here. There's no point in arguing. At least hope for a cameo. Tis the best you can do.

Crystal had the Odd Egg, an emphasis on Suicune, some pokemon additions, the radio tower passwords and the Extremespeed Dratini if I remember correctly. All of these things could easily be implemented in HG/SS.

The only thing Crystal has that HG/SS [potentially] wouldn't is Kris. And is one set of pixels to represent your character over another really worth a third game?

I think not.

Eusine was introduced within Crystal, as well as the Battle Tower, the Goldenrod Communication Center, the extended Dragon's Den, the GS ball-Celebi event at Ilex Shrine, the puzzles at Ruins of Alph, animations, and more.

I doubt there will be a Crystal remake, since they could easily add them to HGSS, but Crystal sure added a whole lot, well not as much as Emerald and Platinum did, but still. Also, the whole "kris new girl thing" isn't denied or confirmed (probably won't be either), but I don't want any more of those 'debates' and it wouldn't be the right thread to discuss such anyway.

Last edited:
Crystal sure added a whole lot, well not as much as Emerald and Platinum did

Why did you feel that last part was necessary to state? Just give Crystal credit where it's do without comparing it to later games in the series.

..Why are you getting your knots in a twist over some teensy little statement? Relax, no need to get worked up over it. ._. I'm just saying Emerald and Platinum added more than Crystal. That's all, is that a crime?

What would remaking Crystal accomplish anyway? Is there any feature that was exclusive to it and it alone?

Crystal had:

The Japanese Communication Center (has now been replaced by the GTS)

The Suicune-Eusine thing (that's moreover plot, no two games are 100% exact in the plot)

The Dratini with Extremespeed (hopefully that'll be in HGSS)

The Ruins of Alph (will probably be kept since the pictures of the ruins have shown them to be expanded)

The female character (HGSS already has that)

The battle Tower (same as above)

The radio passwords with Buena (not a major feature, they might put it in HGSS)

And the odd egg (they might keep it, doesn't matter all that much)

Unless I'm missing something, there's not really enough left once HGSS's features are considered to warrant a Crystal remake. Unless they add some major things not in HGSS (and since HGSS has some major things not in DPPt, that would even further outdate DPPt), they probably won't have a Crystal remake. Who really wants one with all the Crstal features we're keeping anyways?

Originally posted by Raine:
Also, the whole "kris new girl thing" isn't denied or confirmed (probably won't be either), but I don't want any more of those 'debates' and it wouldn't be the right thread to discuss such anyway.

Not to stray off-topic, but the latest commercial showed some scenes with the new girl replacing Gold in some of the footage, so she's been confirmed.

Not to stray off-topic, but the latest commercial showed some scenes with the new girl replacing Gold in some of the footage, so she's been confirmed.
off-topic:I don't know what you mean, but it's been confirmed that she is the female player character since the first issue of the HGSS coverage in CoroCoro came out. What I mean is if she is it's unknown whether she is Kris or a new character and that it probably won't be known (unless her name is Kris or Marina).

on-topic: Personally, I'm hoping they keep the Old Egg/Egg ticket. It looks like GameFreak might add the Eusine-Suicune subplot seeing the ledge in Olvine on the map and Olvine's layout in the video looking similar to what it looked like in Crystal. A Battle Tower is pretty much guaranteed and has been proven to be on Route 40.

Never get remade. Didn't someone say the third games will essentially get retconed?

I think the whole odd egg event may as well be reborn with that whole event with Pikachu-colored Pichu and NEP.

Never get remade. Didn't someone say the third games will essentially get retconed?

I don't see why they should, as Emerald made sense of the whole crappy team situation. Sort of

As has been said, the changes of Crystal will be incorporated into HgSs. We've already got Kris and the Dragon Den dude, and evidence of the Battle Tower/Frontier, along with the completely redone Ruins of Alph.

As has been said, the changes of Crystal will be incorporated into HgSs. We've already got Kris and the Dragon Den dude, and evidence of the Battle Tower/Frontier, along with the completely redone Ruins of Alph.

Kris is in it? I thought she was axed?

If you use the name "Kris" to identify the role of female counterpart to Gold, then Kris is certainly in the game as Gold has a female counterpart. Some people see it as design=character, I, and Martonimos apparently, see it as role=character.

On topic: I think there's a slim chance of a Crystal remake if they really want to stall for time in developing the 5th-gen games, but it's a very slim chance.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom