Recent content by 99unownoak

1. 9

TEEN: The Island of Dr. Fuji [Part 5 of 5]

I enjoyed reading this very much with the fast pace and the ending of each chapter drawing me into the following one. The questions it brings up of scientific testing and abuses by authority in the name of progress, science or desire got my mind thinking. The ending solution, with the...
  2. 9

British soldier killed in deadly terror attack

Really grotesque act. Sometimes it's hard to believe these things they're so awful. Definitely the wrong way to go about opposing the war even if their concerns were justified. "Islam is a religion of piece", I laughed for way too long over that (for the error and not necessarily the stance).
  3. 9

Atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration surpasses 400 ppm

It's very unfortunate that co2 levels continue to rise and the impact it could have on the planet. I think the global population problem and everyone wanting western style high quality lifestyles will make it difficult to meet carbon dioxide reduction targets. I'm no expert but I really don't...
  4. 9

North Korea Threatens to Nuke Washington Over Sanctions

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean in relation to that which you've quoted me with and your remarks.
  5. 9

I don't want to go off topic with those others so I won't go into them. Back to Korea, you're not being rude, I understand why you might say that but it's not true that I don't see the evil in north Korea, I do. I certainly don't think that Kim Il-sung and the Worker's Party was the best thing...
  6. 9

Of course I understand where you and others are coming from. I don't want to start going back and forth again but I'm not 'all' for the DPRK as I've expressed often, even if some are intent on thinking that. Don't get me started on Chairman Mao and the Khmer Rouge :)
  7. 9

Well, you certainly could be right. Fortunately (or is it unfortunately) we'll probably never get to find out, it can fun to consider though. And to kenshin akagi, I am puzzled, I thought if I was obviously trolling it would be against the rules. Maybe I should report myself.
  8. 9

Your point is interesting. I don't know if it's your opinion or if it's a fact that the US has stopped the south invading the north but either way I'm sure it isn't as simple as the south going in and wiping out the north. I don't think it would be easy for the south to simply invade and defeat...
  9. 9

To the post above, well yes there's speculation this way and that but I don't want to get into a back and forth and getting no where thing again especially by getting into discussions of hypothetical unrealistic situations. Just one thing I wanted to clarify in case there was misinterpretation...
  10. 9

I'm not sure if your questions are rhetorical or if you're actually asking me but of course I can't deny what the DPRK has said on this matter. I think the Japanese are talking about if a test missile goes over their airspace (as they have in the past) they would shoot it down not that they're...
  11. 9

Lol at how the guy took time to laugh before apparently "screaming in alarm" when the guard points the gun at him. Female soldiers? Jeez north Korea has sunk so low, what a crime, very newsworthy. Penal labour? Plenty of countries do it, really nothing strange or unusual. A homeless...
  12. 9

I'll try to keep my answer linked to the DPRK. I agree with you that nuclear weapons are very scary and any country in some sort of opposition to a nuclear state can have something to feel concerned about. Part of having them is a deterrent and another is bullying power (among others still) I...
  13. 9

They're catching on to me I see :) And the comment above from Lord Naarghul, I'd hardly call disagreeing with atomic bombings mind blowing or sheer ignorance. It's an opinion (and not an obscure one), and as I stated in the nuclear bomb thread in the politics section a right or wrong answer...
  14. 9

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread I don't like this new Mewtwo thing. Mewtwo to me has always been "the most powerful Pokemon" of them all, he's such a classic and immortal and I'm afraid they're going to tarnish him by extending or mucking around with his line. If this...
  15. 9

I see we've boiled down to personal opinions and interpretation again. You can say that you know better what I meant when I wrote it and I can say that I know what I meant when I wrote it. I'm happy to leave our discussion here.
Back
Top Bottom