1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
AceTrainer14
Last Activity:
Jul 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM
Blog Posts:

AceTrainer14

The acest of trainers, from Auckland, New Zealand

AceTrainer14 was last seen:
Jul 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    1. Soulmaster
      Soulmaster
      Oh yeah Ace, I'm sure you need judges again for awards season and I'd be glad to be it again. Was sad I missed it the past time or two but want to get back in the swing of things. So, if you'll have me, I'd love to do it.
      1. Soulmaster
        Soulmaster
        I can't tell if you're ignoring me or if you don't need any judges. Could you at least tell me one way or the other?
        Jun 18, 2017
      2. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        Hey, sorry I didn't see this - it's better to PM me than comment here, I never look here. I am just waiting to confirm with a few other judges and seeing how the noms turn out so I'll let you know in a few days if I need more people - thanks for volunteering! :)
        Jun 18, 2017
      3. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        Hey again - if you are still keen to help out, we got a surge of nominations at the last minute so could really use your help after all! :D
        Jun 20, 2017
    2. LightningTopaz
      LightningTopaz
      I'm sorry I did not PM you before I made the edits to my Moonlight Silver feature--just so it does not happen again, should I PM you and let you know before I make any edits, or after I make any edits?
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        No, I was simply saying that in that instance you should've PMed me as opposed to making a note of it
        Mar 3, 2017
      2. LightningTopaz
        LightningTopaz
        All right, I will remember that for next time.
        Mar 3, 2017
    3. Emma Prescott
      Emma Prescott
      Hello! Would it be okay if I were to remove the quality warning I posted at the beginning of Chapter 5 of Land of the Roses? I haven't actually edited the chapter any since I've posted it (barely had time to look over it, honestly), and I intended to do so before the nomination period was over. Or should I just keep it?
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        I can remove it if you desperately want it gone, but it will only be about three or so weeks
        Dec 20, 2016
      2. Emma Prescott
        Emma Prescott
        Ah, ok, don't worry about it then. I was just a little concerned it might reflect poorly on me. But I'll honor the rules of the awards.
        Dec 20, 2016
    4. diamondpearl876
      diamondpearl876
      Yo Ace, I forget the details about eligibility for awards. For a story that made it into the judging round but did not win anything, is there a word limit required before it can be nominated again? What about for a story that was nominated but did not make it into the judging round?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. diamondpearl876
        diamondpearl876
        Awards start at end of November, right? I might have to do NaNoWriMo to kick my ass into gear...
        Oct 21, 2016
      3. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        No definite dates yet, Im still on leave so Ill confirm when I get back, and as usual things will be announced about a week before the start
        Oct 21, 2016
        diamondpearl876 likes this.
      4. diamondpearl876
        diamondpearl876
        Ah, okay. Sorry to bug you on your break. XD Hope it's been a good one!
        Oct 21, 2016
    5. Elysia
      Elysia
      Hey, no worries or anything, but I finally wrote my half for CB. I, uh, think we should probably finish that soon, because we're months late and I think Athena may want our blood.
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        I'll be done with 8ES soon since I kind of took a break from here to do it and havent finished it yet cause I've only realised near the end what a stupid concept for a chapter it is but woo PM it to me and I'll get cracking
        Oct 11, 2016
    6. GastlyGibus
      GastlyGibus
      Yo Ace, quick question for you.

What is the writing section's stance on smoking in written works? It's not exactly clear in the ratings guide. I have one character planned in my fic who would be smoking a cigar only for one scene, just wanted to know if I should put a warning at the front of that chapter for it.
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        That should be fine for Everyone if you have a mention. BTW, I'm on a break at the moment so best to send any queries to AetherX.
        Oct 3, 2016
      2. GastlyGibus
        GastlyGibus
        Oh, I was not aware. But thanks anyways. Have a fun break!
        Oct 3, 2016
    7. Spitfire94
      Spitfire94
      You have a lot of awards for writing. You must teach me your ways so that I may, one day, be a good writer XD
    8. The Light
      The Light
      Hi there! Happy birthday! :D
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        Sep 15, 2016
        The Light likes this.
      2. The Light
        The Light
        You're very welcome. :D
        Sep 15, 2016
    9. Life
      Life
      Hey Ace! I've been telling myself I need to get involved with the Workshop again (been meaning to make some posts but I'm lazy as is >_>) and saw that you need an extra Journey judge and figured I could help, since I've read most of the stories in the category.

Or if you need to put me anywhere else really, that's fine too! Just figured I would lend a hand given that you still need one, of course. Thanks!
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        Yes please! That will be a huge help, thanks s much for the offer! I think that is everything filled now :D
        Jun 21, 2016
        Life likes this.
    10. diamondpearl876
      diamondpearl876
      If I had known LaON's rewrite thread was eligible for the awards, I may have worked a bit harder to get another update in on time. XD Oh, well.
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        You still have two weeks to write a new chapter if you want. If you don't want it to compete you are welcome to have it removed, but might be nice to see if your efforts have paid off?
        Jun 6, 2016
      2. diamondpearl876
        diamondpearl876
        Oh, two weeks? That's nice. I could possibly try to get chapter 1 out, then. Either way I don't want it removed - it was nice to see someone nominated it already, and like you said, leaving it up could pay off.
        Jun 6, 2016
    11. Soulmaster
      Soulmaster
      Hey Ace, I just saw the awards announcement. If y'all need judges again this time around I'd love to. I don't know if y'all will but I figure I'll at least offer to do it : )
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        Hello. Thanks for the offer but we are trying to bring some new blood in to keep the awards and opinions fresh. Thanks again though :)
        Jun 5, 2016
    12. poke trey
      poke trey
      What a coincidence we born on the same Damn month!
    13. Emma Prescott
      Emma Prescott
      Yo. Hate to bring something like this up, but it would appear that a majority of the banners in the Hall of Fame 2011 - Present thread seem to have been nuked off of the internet. Seems like the image host is still there, but the images aren't.
      1. AceTrainer14
        AceTrainer14
        Thanks for bringing something like this to my attention, but I can see all of them on my end and most of them were posted ages ago by someone else. Have you tried refreshing the page?
        Apr 16, 2016
      2. Emma Prescott
        Emma Prescott
        Ah, a hard refresh and clearing out my cache fixed it. Strange, but relieving.
        Apr 16, 2016
    14. Elysia
      Elysia
      heads up, check the CB forum tho so we can start planning
    15. Elysia
      Elysia
      Hey, if you're still available, we're actually supposed to go back to working on CB at some point this season, heh. Are you still up for it?
    16. Jabberwocky
      Jabberwocky
      Any plans to get the Academy back up and running?
    17. solovino
      solovino
      If you still have the time for that article I could give it a look over what remains of my weekend. Just send me a quote or PM or what have you are the means here (still not used to the new forum, sorry) and I'll get back to you.
    18. Beth Pavell
      Beth Pavell
      Oh, right. Err, nah, it's ok, the other two categories are fine
    19. Soulmaster
      Soulmaster
      Hey Ace, random bit that I can't believe took me this long to notice. The board was renamed back to Writer's Workshop(though without apostrophe) yet it looks like the majority of the threads still say Fairground and not Workshop. I'm sure that you know and whatnot but just pointing it out and that it might be confusing to newer users. Fairground Archive subforum also.
    20. Lugion
      Lugion
      I've not yet figured out how to send private messages on the new boards, so I just wanted to let you know that I suggest chapters 1, 3, 6, and 7 of Stainless Steel for the appropriate judges.
  • About

Birthday:
    September 14
    Home Page:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1837405/The_Blue_Engine
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Eevee / Eievui
    Favorite Pokémon Type:
    Fire
    Favorite Gym Badge:
    Celadon City Rainbow Badge

Signature