• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
AceTrainer14
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I sometimes wonder whether I should have made pokémon training a lifelong dream somewhere but ... eh, I think there are more than enough stories turning pokémon darker and just as many journeyfics about characters aspiring to be the very best. It means that The Long Walk very much has a niche appeal, so much so really that I'm always surprised by how many regular readers I have.
    Perfection. You write a chapter where Alaska goes to Osaka (?) and Sandy decides to be handy, and we'll be set.
    That's what I mean - as I recall you read as far as chapter five, I think. From the Azalea arc on, the friendship theme and Josh's more solid motivations carry it on. Before that there's too much of the travelogue about it, and I never really sold the father relationship. I still have my doubts about how well it would do with those things fixed, but that's not really an issue for me anyway. Or at least, if there were no Awards I'd still be making the improvements regardless
    The main problem - from a competitive point of view - is the genre, which is why I don't think there's a chance if Vaira shows up again in the Best Story candidates. I've been wondering whether the story could afford to be more dramatic and still retain the same tone ... perhaps, I haven't decided yet.
    Or on a beach, or with a leech, or in a sea, or with a bee, or in a house, or with a mouse!
    Hah, well, it depends. I'm still in two minds about whether I want to make another bid for Best Story. It's always been a lofty goal for The Long Walk
    Personally, I'd love to see a Galactic version of The Long Walk. Wherein Eve and Josh are cooking eggs
    and then the building exploded
    I feel like I should make a minor apology. It seems like a lot of my recent comments were perceived differently. I meant them in a joking and light-hearted manor, but unless I took your responses the wrong way it seemed like you didn't quite take them the same way. So I'd like to say sorry about those, they were meant to be jokes but it seems they weren't.
    There should definitely be a parallel project to Crossover Battles that focuses on stories written in the style of other stories. Swap out 'rice' for some suitably-British dish and you've got The Long Walk
    Possibly, it depends on how many chapters I can get out by then. And how mad I am at trying to compete for Best Story
    Cool, The Long Walk wins Best Dark, gg world.

Eyyyyyy. Speaking of editing, can I start editing my chapters since I'm no longer competing for any awards? My next chapter actually hinges on some of the edits I've made (ie, I truncated some of the early chapters, so I have one less chapter in the edited version than I do in the published version).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom