A
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I want to switch my Tentacruel with a Kabutops so it could set up a Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin if needed. The set I was going for is:

Kabutops @ Shell Bell (to avoid the item clause)
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 184 Def
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Waterfall
    ~Rock Slide

I also want to get rid of that Ninetales, but I'm stuck between Toxicroak and Volcarona and I'm replacing Quagsire with a standard DD Kingdra set.
    So what do you think? :)
    Right, then. You get yourself some sleep there. I'll be playing Oblivion. We'll probably reconvene tomorrow.
    It'd do better against Rock-types like Tyranitar and Terrakion, anyway, what with Sandstorm's Sp. Defense boost. I'm down with EQ.
    Now, the tank set's specifics. We're already spreading plenty of status around, so I think we'd see better benefits from Ice Beam. But the EQ/EP question remains. What would you say?
    We saw Bulk Up Scrafty in action, XD. Toxicroak would do a fine job, assuming it doesn't end up walled all over the place by SubDisable Gengar.

And the tank set sounds like a nice idea. We already have a Specster: Jolteon.
    OK. So here's what we have:

Tornadus
    Naive / Life Orb / Prankster
    4 Attack / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
    - Hurricane
    - Hammer Arm
    - Rain Dance
    - U-turn

Jolteon
    Timid / Choice Specs / Volt Switch
    4 Defense / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Soeed
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power Grass
    - Shadow Ball

Heatran
    Timid / Choice Scarf / Flash Fire
    252 Sp. Attack / 4 Sp. Defense / 252 Speed
    - Overheat
    - Flamethrower
    - Earth Power
    - HP Ice / Dragon Pulse

Porygon2
    Bold / Eviolite / Trace
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover

We need to decide on a Gastrodon set, and we're deciding between Gliscor and Toxicroak.
    I wonder what exactly we'd want to do with Gliscor.

Of course, with either, I'm noticing a problem: the team seems rather aimless and, in a sense, all over the place. If it's anything, it looks like semi-stall. I can't see it getting very far. We may need to do some revisions.
    Fighting is resisted by Bug, Flying, Poison, and Psychic. Ghosts are also immune to it. Here's what OU has to offer for those types (at least, those that actually resist).

Bug
    Volcarona

Flying
    Dragonite
    Gliscor
    Gyarados
    Landorus
    Salamence

Poison
    Gengar
    Tentacruel
    Toxicroak
    Venusaur

Psychic
    Alakazam
    Celebi (That's back in OU? XD)
    Espeon
    Latias
    Latios
    Reuniclus
    Starmie

Ghost
    Gengar
    Jellicent
    Hmm. Well, I see two Fighting-weak Pokemon, and the only resist is quite frail and can't afford to take those heavy hits. With the sheer prevalence of Fighting-types, that's a problem that we could address.
    I'm liking the Defensive Duck. Trace is such a troll ability, XD. I'd go with Toxic, and if we wanted to go so far as double-status, replacing T-Bolt with Discharge wouldn't be out of line, I think.
    Sounds like HP Grass is the best option. Especially against, say, opposing Gastrodon.

Oh, side note: HP Grass is also SE against Ground. XD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom