• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Recent content by Akira Bond

1. Akira Bond

There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I'm not too hopeful on that. Gamefreak never specified that certain Pokémon would be updated, they said that they cut Pokémon so that they could focus their attention on the Pokémon that are in the games. That implies all of them. And from what we've seen so far, I doubt any other Pokémon would...
  2. Akira Bond

There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

I recall Gamefreak saying one of their reasons for sacrificing Pokémon, was so that the Pokémon that do make it in the game are more expressive and have higher quality animations. However, going back and watching some of the gameplay videos we have of Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokemon's battle...
  3. Akira Bond

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

We have seen two different gyms so far, and the uniforms our characters wear look the same, from memory. At the very least, it seems clear that we'll be forced to wear some kind of uniform for every gym battle, even if the uniforms are changed up a little for every gym. I feel the same way...
  4. Akira Bond

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Not 100% confirmed, however, I saw a video from Kotaku which had them playing Sword and shield and entering the gym battle. The way they were talking about it heavily implies that we have to wear the uniform for gym battles.
  5. Akira Bond

I like the big stadiums that we'll battle in, however, given this is a fictional game, I think they would have survived with not forcing us to wear sporting attire for battles. As for Dynamaxing, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of it, although I didn't take a liking to it as quickly as I did...
  6. Akira Bond

You barely even said anything, all you did was mention some comparison which you still haven't even elaborated on, followed by some opinion that was barely relevant to what I even said. What is it you're standing by exactly? Not that it matters, what you personally think has no bearing on my...
  7. Akira Bond

In defense of limiting the Dex and where the franchise can go from here

I disagree completely. For many, many players, using their favourite Pokémon and making teams with their favourite Pokémon is everything (not particularly for the first play through of a game, but re-runs as well as online/competitive battles). There are players out there like me that will not...
  8. Akira Bond

In comparison to what? Also, the wonderful thing about opinions is that while it may not seem like a big deal to some people, it is a big deal to others, so I really do not see a point in your reply.
  9. Akira Bond

Hopefully there will be some customisable options, but if there are, why would they bother forcing us to wear it to begin with, unless the customisation options are minimal? What I wish they had done was simply add sporting attire options to the list of available clothing for us, and that way...
  10. Akira Bond

I'm likely late to this, however, I saw a video from Famitsu I believe, playing a demo of Sword and Shield and battling a gym. The way he worded his sentence pretty much implied that we are definitely forced to wear a sports uniform for Gym battles (We've seen them wearing that attire in...
  11. Akira Bond

Pokemon Home

I'm not sure you really get what my point is when using the word metagame. I am not using that word negatively. What I am saying is that there will always be a meta game, so if Gamefreak thinks there are balancing issues with the metagame, removing Pokémon from the entire game doesn't solve...
  12. Akira Bond

Pokemon Home

You make it sound like I was using the term negatively, however, i did not. I said the very same thing, that meta games are inevitable in every game similar to this. That is precisely why I said that culling at least half the Pokémon from the entirety of the games doesn't solve any...
  13. Akira Bond

Pokemon Home

There will ALWAYS be a meta game for these types of games, it is unavoidable. The only way to stop it would be to literally make every single Pokémon 'even' which would present more issues. This will solve nothing, all it will do is create a new 'metagame,' one with much less options, therefore...
  14. Akira Bond

Pokemon Home

Culling so many Pokémon and leaving us with a much smaller roster has the likely out one that even more people will use the same teams and same Pokémon in tournaments as they did before. They seem like they are trying to solve balancing issues with newer balancing issues. Unless they make every...
  15. Akira Bond

The problem is that they easily could have told us they plan on working on a future update. They know what this news would do, there is no way they wouldn't know how upset people would be over it. They could have easily told us they had plans to do so, and it would have calmed down the fanbase a...