• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Recent content by Akira Bond

1. Akira Bond

Who would play Red and Blue in a potential live action film based on Gen I?

Is he? I've never heard that Trainer Red was supposed to be in this film. When I searched up that actor on Wikipedia, it just says he plays 'Pokémon Trainer' and doesn't specify any name. Has it been confirmed or specified that he plays Red?
  2. Akira Bond

Type combos?

I would really enjoy having a Dragon/Steel type Pokémon (as long as it actually looks like a Dragon). Steel type seems like it would be quite fitting for this region as well. It's a great type combination as well, it would only have weaknesses to the Ground type and the Fighting type.
  3. Akira Bond

Create Your Own Pokéball

An orange coloured Pokeball with a red star on the top, that boosts the catch rate of capturing Dragons. This orange ball will be called the Dragonball... Oh wait... In all seriousness though, I would create a Dragon ball that boosts the capture rate on Dragon type Pokémon by 1.5x - 2x. The top...
  4. Akira Bond

Pokemon aspects that should be happening. So why aren't they

A Pokémon game where you create your own organisation would be quite enjoyable. I'd enjoy a spin off title (technically spin off, but similar enough to the main series in that you can still travel around the region capturing and training any Pokémon you wanted), where you start off as a grunt...
  5. Akira Bond

New Move naming contest

I like the idea of using the words Platinum, Silver or even Carbon in the name. Platinum/Silver/Carbon Drain, Storm, Bullets would be good names for a special attacking move. Rush, Slash, Breaker, would be good for a physical attacking move.
  6. Akira Bond

Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

Now that we are moving to the Switch, I'm hoping they take advantage and take character customisation even further. I'd be all for choosing an age bracket (kid, young teen, late teen, adult) as options so that older players do not need to play as children. At the very least, I'd be happy if the...
  7. Akira Bond

Type combos?

New type combos are always welcome. Personally, I'm hoping Gamefreak takes a second chance at making a non legendary Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, and have the result not end up being a Turtonator... Seriously. I want a REAL Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, not one that still triggers me years after...
  8. Akira Bond

Who would play Red and Blue in a potential live action film based on Gen I?

I'm sure we are all well aware of 'rumours' that Live action Red and Blue films are either currently in development or will be potentially made if Detective Pikachu performs well. My question is, what cast members would you like to see play roles in a live action Red and Blue film if it is ever...
  9. Akira Bond

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated March 10th, 2019)

A real gamer never gives "too much" importance to graphics. The graphics are more than satisfactory for a Switch title, and it will likely not have any performance issues at all, which is what I care about the most. "My eyes told me so." Yeah... That's not a confirmation. That's right, the...
  10. Akira Bond

SPOILERS Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated March 10th, 2019)

Nintendo Switch can only reach 720p in handheld mode. It only goes up to 1080p when it is docked. They can't intend something that is physically impossible.
  11. Akira Bond

Do you have an actual source confirming your statement, or have you just been making that up based on your own assumptions? The jump doesn't look small at all, the level of detail in SS is greatly superior to SM, to the point where it is very noticeable. Graphics wise, there isn't too much...
  12. Akira Bond

It wouldn't be pushing the Switch while it is docked, however, they do need to ensure that SS look great in handheld mode as well as docked, without sacrificing performance for either. I think they did a great job with that. The games have more than adequate graphics (The best in a Pokémon game...
  13. Akira Bond

That is factually incorrect. The improvement between SM - SS is much greater graphics wise than between BW - XY. You're seemingly only taking into account the fact that Pokémon jumped from 2D to 3D from BW to XY, however, the Switch can't really jump from 3D to 4D, so I'm not really sure what...
  14. Akira Bond

Who says nobody here hasn't accepted it? This is a public forum, and it is called a discussion. You made a post, and I responded, that is literally what these forums are for. If you're not satisfied by HD graphics, then that is fine. However, facts are still facts, and SS definitely have better...
  15. Akira Bond

Trainer/Player Character Customization Discussion

We don't even know if we are forced to wear sporting attire in those stadiums yet. It's entirely possible that the sporting attire is just one of many customisation options we have, and they opted to showcase said sporting attire to match the stadium they were in. I am at least hoping we...