Recent content by CalamityRobin

1. CalamityRobin

Obscure Pokémon game trivia

The truth burns. Something else I found fun is that Cyndaquil has been offered as a starter Pokemon in more main series games than any other, four times (in Gold and Silver, Crystal, Heartgold and Soulsilver, and Legends: Arceus). It's three times for Chikorita, Totodile, Rowlet, Oshawott and...
  2. CalamityRobin

Obscure Pokémon game trivia

The choice between Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle at the start of your journey is a classic moment in Pokemon, but no main series game has begun with this choice in almost two decades.
  3. CalamityRobin

SwSh All Purpose Trade Services! (Gen VIII, BDSP INCLUDED)

Hey, I'm hoping that somebody could loan me a Dialga that originated in Brilliant Diamond. I'm trying to finish the Pokemon Home research tasks for BDSP, so it can't be a Dialga from any other game. I can return the favour with my Shining Pearl Palkia if somebody else is in the same boat. We can...
  4. CalamityRobin

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Hey, I'm thinking of restarting my Pokemon Shield game, but I'm curious if there's anything I should be saving or even can save from my initial playthrough other than the Pokemon themselves via Home migration. I don't think items can go to Home for example, and I don't have a second Switch or...
  5. CalamityRobin

Is your favorite starter the first one you ever picked?

Yes, my first ever Pokemon was a Bulbasaur and it remains my favourite starter and one of my favourites overall.
  6. CalamityRobin

Pokemon you used to dislike, but have grown fond of over time.

I really didn't like Cradily, but I actively tried to change my opinion of it by using it in a playthrough and it worked - it really grew on me. I tried the same thing recently with Grapploct and it worked again. I've also recently found an appreciation for Timburr, Gurdurr and Conkeldurr, which...
  7. CalamityRobin

Favorite Mega?

I love Mega Pidgeot's design. It's the only one other than Mega Audino that I feel is an improvement over its base form.
  8. CalamityRobin

SwSh What Gen 8 Pokemon Won the Biggest Piece of your Heart?

I love Generation 8's designs in general, but Falinks won six separate pieces of my heart, one slightly bigger than the others.
  9. CalamityRobin

SwSh Which did you go with?

Spectrier. "Ghost Horse" was all they had to say... even though in hindsight I like Glastrier's design more.
  10. CalamityRobin

SwSh (Completed!) Looking for Marshadow

My mistake, I thought Volcanion wasn't programmed into Sword/Shield. I'll happily send Eevee and Zygarde over to my Shield game to trade to you. EDIT: All done! Thank you so much!!
  11. CalamityRobin

That's more than generous, and I'd definitely want to give you something else in return as well. I didn't think Volcanion was possible to trade in Gen 8/Home, though?
  12. CalamityRobin

Not sure I like my chances with this one, but I'm looking for the mythical Pokemon Marshadow. I am on Generation 8. Mythical Pokemon I can offer in return are: Victini (not a V-Create one) Magearna Genesect Mew Celebi Jirachi Zeraora (shiny) Can also offer shiny Zygarde, Tapu Koko, Solgaleo...
  13. CalamityRobin

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens I - VIII)

Is it possible to trade mythical Pokemon through the Pokemon Home Friend Trade function?
  14. CalamityRobin

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

One thing that interests me from the article is that Game Freak has many more people than they did a few years ago. It makes sense of course with multiple projects happening at once, but it seems to have roughly doubled in size in the last few years? (From 143 two years ago to 'well over 300' now)
  15. CalamityRobin

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I can understand the approachability angle. Someone getting into Pokemon with Sun and Moon is going to have a lot more to come to grips with than someone who got into it with Red and Blue. It likely looks pretty daunting, so an easier entry point like Let's Go is a pretty good idea.
Back
Top Bottom