• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Recent content by Alola

1. Alola

Preview JN117: VS Shirona! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!
    Threadmarks: Please Do Not Wish Harm For Anime Characters

Alola, everyone. Just a reminder that while respectfully expressing dislike for a character is allowed, wishing for their death or anything similar is not and will not be tolerated in the forums, let alone our section. While certain, recent comments have been reported on and said users have...
  2. Alola

Preview JN118: Satoshi Goes into Battle! VS Daigo!!

From the Metagross we've seen, I haven't considered any of them to be destructive forces in battle or notably different from other Pokémon that are typically animated in battles; I suppose you may consider Tyson's, but the Hoenn League was full of OHKOs or double knockouts towards the end that...
  3. Alola

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Interestingly, the Bea battle featured most of the music from the Volkner battle. So, it's a bit jarring to read that you didn't like the latter when it also played in the former. Unless you're saying the inclusion of the Galar Gym Battle OST and the Galar Trainer 2~TV Anime Version was just...
  4. Alola

This is the first I'm hearing of this. However, I would imagine the praise primarily regards Volkner for several reasons: The animation was really nice. A good mix of fluid (ex. Pikachu and Electivire Iron Tail jousting) and static (ex. Lucario's Aura Sphere charge animation) shots, that made...
  5. Alola

Preview JN118: Satoshi Goes into Battle! VS Daigo!!

When you brought this all up, it made me realize that for a pseudo-legendary Pokémon that is fairly unique among its 600 BST peers, Metagross has had very lackluster showings in the anime... Even now, Steven's will ultimately wind up beaten, adding to the list of KOes.
  6. Alola

Why Ash winning the PWC title is unlikely

But they have, several times before. Blaziken, Blastoise, Ash's Glalie - have all defeated a Charizard on-screen. Seeing as how Ash represents the player character and the PC of Galar's crowning moment is defeating the undefeatable Champion, it seems likely at this point.
  7. Alola

Review JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Way #16 I would have rewritten that battle. It made absolutely no sense for Ash to keep Goodra out for Bisharp, rather than switching in Greninja instead after the rain was established and allowing Goodra to fight Charizard later. Sure, it would have been susceptible to Dragon Claw, but so too...
  8. Alola

Preview JN116: Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

So, I went back to the first trailer we got and was going to use that as my reference...but upon looking at it again, that isn't Mega Gyarados - it's just his Gyarados looking quite lethargic and chunky. I think I subconsciously associated with its Mega form since Mega Gyarados is hefty and it...
  9. Alola

Review JN115: Opening! Masters Tournament!!

Yet in the same breath, Max Quake did not boost Rillaboom's Special Defense like it was supposed to. And as Finnish mentioned, they did have Max Lightning's effect activate way back when (but didn't have Max Airstream boost Charizard's speed when they used it in the same episode; and then Max...
  10. Alola

Preview JN116: Champions' Pride! Wataru VS Carne!!

@Ghost Diplocaulus looks like your Gourgeist wish has been granted! I agree with a couple other users here - the animation does not look seemly, and that is quite disappointing. I expected all the fights to be animated nicely given the grandiose nature of the Masters 8 battles, but it seems...
  11. Alola

:bulbaLove:
  12. Alola

HM already addressed how these points aren't accurate, so I won't belabor them. I will say that the point of my earlier jest (that I think people may have missed barring HM) that you commented on is that the argument of Chloe not having a goal or an active goal is not an excuse as to why she...
  13. Alola

What Pokemon would you like to see the Masters 8 use?

I can't disagree there. Seeing Bea's Hawlucha was interesting and nice after primarily only seeing Ash battle with one, so another Gourgeist wouldn't hurt; it's actually my favorite Gen VI Grass-type and what I raised in my first ever Y playthrough. I just like Goodra more and would like for it...
  14. Alola

SPOILERS: Masters Eight Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ah, now I see what you meant. My mistake. I am curious too, as I assume most of us are, as to what everyone's 3rd choices will be, as well as entire teams should we get to that point.