A
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hah, just realized that. I was looking at the wrong section. :) Still, 5-4-0 is a really good ranking. Keep that up and you'll definitely get picked for alliances.
    Great! What regional? I'll tune in to stream if I can.
    EDIT: Never mind. Livonia, right? Damn, you guys are undefeated right now if I'm reading this right. Great! At this rate, I'll hopefully be seeing you at Worlds after all!
    You definitely can! The frisbees are way more accurate this year than the basketballs, moreso than I expected, so the end result is that the good shooters are hella outscoring the climber+dumpers. There's a thread on Chief Delphi somewhere on it.
    I hope you qualify! I'll be able to see you at Worlds then.
    It was a shock, alright. We ended up seeding 9th, due to a dysfunctional robot first match, and two other rounds where our alliance partners started racking up those technicals. Captained due to the inevitable 1st seed-2nd seed alliance. The 8th alliance had a 30 point climber that managed to beat the first two, it was really remarkable.
    Sacramento was actually a huge amount of fun. The matches were really exciting, 8th seeded alliance ended up beating the first in 2 consecutive rounds.
    Have you seen 254's bot Overkill? It's beautiful as usual, but they're running a 7 second 30 point hang. It's really remarkable.
    Definitely. I mean, coming from a team that, last year, was doing really badly in our area, I can say that we were flabbergasted that it worked this well. It was due to a variety of factors, partially belting instead of chaining, a really good driver, etc, but a big thing is that we learned a huge amount from whenever we lost. I was just glad that the design worked out as well as it did, since I ended up designing everything except the shooter, so I was really nervous going into competition.
    Are you guys going to another regional?
    Have you been to an event yet? How'd it go?
    We won Sacramento yesterday, it was amazing! I'm still in shock over it :). We jumped from, like, last place last year to first this year.
    Anytime you have an evening, I am not free. I am working basically at 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, so I will be sleeping at 3:30 am. Malaysia time is basically GMT +8, which is a 12-hour difference from where you live.
    Hey, how goes your season?
    We've had a lot of changes like scrapping ground pickup, deciding to go for fast shooting with a one level endgame hang. I'm pretty happy with how the design turned out, it's very low to the ground. I'm a bit worried about pushing power though. What about you guys?
    Also, just curious, what team number are you again?
    Yeah, we're actually considering a square chassis for intake.
    There are just so many ways to go. The frisbee shooters look pretty accurate at first glance, and you can get some decent range. WIthout a bump, I'm imagining a lot of feeder bots just loading up in the safe zone and shooting like crazy. If they miss, then they're still passing frisbees to their allies.
    The hardest part for me is the pyramid, the points are going to be crazy, but it's still pretty damn hard to do more than the first level. That's going to be tough.
    Well, they sure threw us a curveball :)
    Guess you were right about designing, I've finished chassis and some of manip for a preliminary design. There are so many options in this game, it's going to be awesome!
    Yeah, we are too. Our team's pretty small, so this year I got saddled with designing the whole robot. I'm seriously nervous over that.
    You would be surprised about how many games you learn are not as good to you when you're older than when you're younger. Shadow the hedgehog falls under this. I loved it as a kid, and now it makes me wanna grind teeth. The plot is terrible and confusing, everything repeats, your actions don't influence the plot at all, and you need to complete loads of fetch quests to get the final ending/last story. The youtube reviewer SomeCallMeJohnny does a good job discussing this game.

I didn't think it would be that hard to record it, but it requires a lot of excessive recording and editing to get all the endings to the story arcs. I'm actually at the point where I'm worried that I could be going for the final ending improperly. I don't want to, but I might even have to cancel the LP if it drags on enough.
    Thats true :/

I can't do it next since I'm already doing a platforming game with shadow the hedgehog, which is a pain in the ass to LP in too many ways to describe.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom