• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recent content by Arc Blader

1. A

How did you Find these Forums?

Waaaay back in the day I was a big fan of chuggaaconroy's LPs, and he referenced Bulbapedia a whole lot during his FireRed run. That was really my first experience with a specialized, fan-run wiki, and I spent a lot of time just reading about all this stuff that I'd never had access to before --...
  2. A

Favorite Dark Type?

Greninja. One of the best Water-type starters ever and as we all know, Water-type starters are inarguably the best Pokémon in every game. Other than that I'd say Tyranitar or Umbreon. The former's been my favorite pseudo-legendary for a long time, the latter served me well when playing Colosseum.
  3. A

Music What song are you currently listening to?

"Tell Balgeary, Balgury is Dead" - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
  4. A

Play as the Opposite Gender?

I usually pick the female character on my second playthrough. I'm definitely picking the female character when the third version of XY comes out, because the male outfit customizations are boooooooooring.
  5. A

Your original ruby and sapphire teams

My first playthrough of Sapphire was the last time I had the "one or two overleveled Pokémon, four/five Pokémon at level 20 or lower", so it was a bit all over the place. I had two core Pokémon: - Swampert - Wailord Plus a revolving cast of extras that were mostly acquired long after I beat...
  6. A

Name 5 Things You Like About Your Least Favorite Gen

Gen IV: DPPt were easily the weakest in the series for me - too slow, weak creature design, suffered from Gen II's tendency to staple new things onto old things instead of tranforming them into a new, unique whole, only moreso. That said: 1) It was more story-driven than any game in the series...
  7. A

Contest Battle of the fully-evolved frogs!

Who has the best design? Greninja by a country mile. Quite honestly the best-designed Water-type starter there is, and I'm saying that as a devoted Swampert/Blastoise fan. Who would win? Err... my gut says Poliwrath strictly on the basis of type, but who knows? It's kind of a mishmash...
  8. A

Contest Contest-of-the-Week: Flygon vs Altaria

-Which has the better design? Altaria! It's just so soft and happy-looking. Flygon's no slouch, though. -Which one is easier to train? Never used Altaria before, but I can only assume it's easier. Trapinch and Vibrava can be downright painful to train. They're just so weak. -Which is more...
  9. A

Contest Contest-of-the-Week: Exploud vs Slaking

Oh wow, the two Normal-types I'm stuck between for my ORAS team. -Which has the better design? That's tough. I'm going to give it to Exploud by a hair, given how it doesn't resemble much of anything before or after it. -Which one is easier to train? I'd say Exploud. Slaking's stronger, in...
  10. A

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

- Swampert - As much as I love Blaziken, I love Swampert more. Can't wait to get to use its Mega evolution. - Breloom - Easily my favorite Grass-type. It's served me well in the past, and I look forward to using it again. Those are the only two definites. After that we have: - Flygon? - An old...
  11. A

The First Starter You've Picked For Each Generation?

I: Squirtle (I played Yellow first, but I didn't "choose" Pikachu, so obviously it doesn't count) II: Totodile III: Mudkip IV: Piplup V: Oshawott VI: Froakie ...notice a trend?
  12. A

Who is the Best and Worst Rival

Best: Either Blue or the rivals from BW. Blue remains the most satisfying rival to beat - he's always one step ahead of you, always needling you, and beating him to become champion was the best possible climax for RBY. Bianca and Cheren were better from a character standpoint - none of the other...
  13. A

Pokemon you used to hate/not care, but now love/at least like

Re: Pokemon you used to hate/not care, but now love. I used to find Jynx and Mr. Mime off-putting, creepy aberrations from the more questionable corners of Gen I. Now I love them for exactly that reason. They represent Pokémon design at its most wonderfully weird.
  14. A

Robyn - "Hang With Me"
  15. A

Beck - Sea Change
Back
Top Bottom