Arylett Charnoa
Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• SD23 - X-Ray Quetzamat.png

Smaugust Day 23: X-Ray [ 2023 ]

This is Quetzamat, an Electric/Bug Legendary Fakemon. It is the Sparksoul Aeon Pokemon, part of a series of nine legendaries known as Aeons. Based partially on Quetzalcoatl, a firefly, a centipede, and yes, even a train. This design went through a lot before it got to this point. I posted this a while ago on here uncolored, so here's the completed version finally!

[Smaugust is an art challenge in August where one must draw one dragon a day.]
    SD22 - Arena Adalugg.png

Smaugust Day 22: Arena [ 2023 ]

This is Adalugg, a Steel/Dragon variant of Avalugg. It's based on the Adamantoise from Final Fantasy. This extremely large Pokemon burrows itself underground and crushes prey with the immensely sharp fanglike claws on its back and then drags them down. Its hide is nigh-impenetrable, made of a unique metal called adamantine, which is used only for the strongest and rarest of weapons.

SD21 - Civilized Light Dragon.png

Smaugust Day 21: Civilized [ 2023 ]

Things I'm not good at: objects interacting with other objects and perspective. This doubtless demonstrates those weaknesses in clear relief. But one must try in order to improve, and that I did. Given enough research and practice, I'll get it eventually. Now is not that day though.

Anyway, this is the Light Dragon from The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, anthropomorphized to fit the "civilized" prompt. Also drinking tea because such is what civilized persons do. Weirdly, this is the third time I've drawn some creature sitting in a chair drinking tea, which is more times than I thought I'd ever do that.

It's definitely my favorite of the dragons in the series and this represents a more light-hearted take on its concept.

If you're wondering, I've never completed any Zelda games and don't really consider myself a fan of the series. I've watched my husband and various people play through them though, and find certain designs and concepts intriguing.

SD19 - Egg Draconic Exeggutor.png

Smaugust Day 19: Egg [ 2023 ]

A redesign of Alolan Exeggutor, essentially. I wanted to stay as close to the original design as possible whilst making it look more like a dragon. I really think the horns I gave the heads added a lot to it. Also made the heads have more of a snout and gave it arms. Whilst it's still not my favorite design, I much prefer my version.

SD18 - Immortal Farosh.png

Smaugust Day 18: Immortal [ 2023 ]

A non-Pokemon related Smaugust entry, at last! This is Farosh from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I haven't played the game, nor do I have any interest in doing so, but I watched my husband play it and was enamored with the designs of the dragons. I also watched him play TotK, in which we learn that these dragons are immortal.

SD17 - Feared Zekamet.png

Smaugust Day 17: Feared [ 2023 ]

This is Zekamet, an extremely important Legendary to my own Pokemon world. It is Dark/Fairy, and is part of the set of nine Legendaries known as Aeons.
    He and his counterpart, Askah, are the two strongest forces in this specific world I've created. Essentially, Legendaries like Arceus don't exist in this world, and Askah/Zekamet take their place as the ultimate gods.

Zekamet is meant to be a father figure - representing the moon, darkness, and destruction. Overall, I much prefer this design to what I did for Askah, and I don't think it will receive as much of a revamp the next time I draw it. I based it on a combination of Ifrit, Griever, and Bahamut from the Final Fantasy series.

He dwells in Luneth, a realm of terminal darkness located within the moon, and essentially one half of the afterlife. Like Askah, his morals are completely alien to normal Pokemon and other sapient lifeforms. The two primary Aeons act more akin to forces of nature, and do not truly have physical forms, being made of the fundamental elements primordial light and darkness respectively. This form is a mere aspect for the physical realm, as both Aeons exist as pure spiritual energy in a higher realm.

Zekamet created three of his own Aeon servants - Quetzamat, Novaxander, and Pandorakia - to help restore the universe after a great calamity that led to the permanent extinction of humanity.

SD16 - Swift Dragocycle.png

Smaugust Day 16: Swift [ 2023 ]

This is Dragocycle, a Steel/Dragon Fakemon. Just something I doodled up quickly - as a sort of "what if there was a more straight-forward motorcycle dragon Pokemon." I feel Koraidon and Cyclizar really suffer from not having actual wheels, and both look goofy when you ride them. So I wanted something that was more straight-forwardly cool. And also a common Pokemon with a simpler design - this is not a Legendary.

It's also partially inspired by Grani, Gallantmon's mount from the Digimon series.

SD15 - Revelry Leancer.png

Smaugust Day 15: Revelry [ 2023 ]

This is Leancer, a Grass/Fairy Fakemon. Man, this is a really old concept that I've always loved, and I'm so glad to finally see it represented in its full glory. I design a lot of things on the fly, so the concept may not make much sense. But it's basically a dancing fairy shrimp dragon that loves to spread joy and fey energy through grasslands and forests, causing plantlife to grow wherever it goes.

Its name is a combination of "leaf" and "dancer."

SD14 - Worshipped Tiamartel.png

Smaugust Day 14: Worshipped [ 2023 ]

This is Tiamartel, a Grass/Land* Legendary Fakemon. It is the Dreamland Aeon Pokemon, part of a series of nine legendaries known as Aeons. Partially based on a kirin. As an Aeon, she is worshipped by certain tribes as the nurturer of the land.

Another design that's still being worked out, so will probably receive some tweaks later.

[*Ground - I changed the name of the type in my canon.]

SD13 - Alien Mediscera.png

Smaugust Day 13: Alien [ 2023 ]

This is Mediscera, a Psychic/Poison Pokemon. For a lot of these Smaugust drawings, I had to bring back old concepts to save time in the creative process. This one is definitely one of my favorites though, due to its unusual nature. You DO NOT want to touch the gel coming from its external organs - it is highly toxic and corrosive to the outer skin. However, if this gel is inserted directly into the body, its healing properties are immensely potent, being able to repair internal injuries and cleanse organs of toxins. For this reason, it is useful for medicinal purposes.

Its name is a combination of "medulla" and "viscera".

SD12 - Imaginary Bethelse.png

Smaugust Day 12: Imaginary [ 2023 ]

This is Bethelse, a Ghost/Dragon Pokemon. Another old concept brought back from the dead - though this one hasn't really been changed much from its initial design. An Ultra Beast - it is a creature of myth said to exist only in the imagination. Not much is known about Bethelse, but it is speculated to be the long forgotten remnants of a great dragon god, given form by the lingering memories and regrets of a lost civilization.

Its name is a combination of "bethel" and "false".

SD11 - Sinister Dreabolis.png

Smaugust Day 11: Sinister [ 2023 ]

This is Dreabolis, a Dark/Bug Pokemon. Once again, I stretch the definition of what a "dragon" can be. It's a heavily redesigned old concept, as most of my Smaugust output has been. Lightly based on a devil's flower mantis, its name comes from "dread" and "diabolis". Not super fond of my outline or coloring job, but I'll definitely be coming back to this one later.

SD10 - Vacation Palmgona.png

Smaugust Day 10: Vacation [ 2023 ]

This is Palmgona, a Grass/Land* Pokemon. I tried to evoke a bit more of a Gen I-ish feel with the face. It likes to lounge buried in beach sand, with only its tail sticking out. Other Pokemon and humans alike often mistake its tail for a palm tree. This Pokemon is so laid-back and relaxed that it often stays submerged for months on end without moving at all, absorbing all its nutrients through its tail's photosynthesis.

Its name is a combination of palm and pogona, the genus for bearded dragons.

SD9 - Hunted Blitzuno.png

Smaugust Day 9: Hunted [ 2023 ]

This is Blitzuno, an Electric/Dragon Pokemon. The Jackalope Pokemon. A small rabbitlike dragon that is hunted as prey by Luxray and Manectric, due to its potent electricity.

It's my take on a Pikaclone - being a mixture of a jackalope, dragon, and the fabled Gorochu. It will have a pre-evo, though I haven't designed it yet.

Blitzuno is a mixture of the words "blitz" [lightning in German] and "tsuno". [horn/antler in Japanese]

SD8 - Shape-Shifter Erdewyrm.png

This is Erdewyrm, a Land*/Dragon Pokemon. It is the Shifting Sand Pokemon. Its body is mostly made of sand particles and like Vaporeon has the ability to melt into water, it can dissolve into sand. It can shape its sandy limbs to whatever it desires.

It is one of two possible evolutions for a small Bug-type worm. [Hasn't been named or designed yet.] I think this is one of my favorite Fakemon I've ever made.

[VOL #4 P112] Arisol First Concept S.jpg

Brief break from Smaugust. Latest incarnation of my fursona - Arylett the Arisol. She is wearing clothes, so that's not naturally part of Arisol's design.

Her species is Arisol, aka Astral Absol, the Angel Pokemon. It is a variant of Absol that is Psychic/Fairy. Though this is a bit more of an anthropomorphized version of what it would usually look like, as the story I'm creating takes place in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeonish world inhabited by anthropomorphic Pokemon instead of humans. [Arisol is bipedal naturally though.]

The primary difference between Arisol and regular Absol is its lack of claws and sharpness. Arisol has a unicorn-like horn which possesses advanced Psychic abilities, allowing it to see into the future. In exchange for this, it has lost its ability to use it as a physical weapon. It also has an outward ear in addition to its horn which enhances its senses. Its tail is furry and its paws are thin and small. Overall, it's intended to be the light side of Absol. Might be a bit hard to read some of my handwriting here, so I'll write down the parts that I feel are harder to read:

Dex 1: A variant of Absol with far more advanced prediction abilities. Its blunted, segmented horn allows it to see into the future, though it can no longer be used as a slashing weapon.
    Dex 2: It has a more gregarious attitude than the original Absol, actively seeking companions. This Pokemon often helps others through its superb healing abilities.

Ability: Premonition - Allows user a 90% chance to evade the first move in battle. Doesn't work on always accurate moves.

Extra:
    Flarestar is an offensive Psychic-type move, Exigency is a Normal-type move that gives priority to all healing and buffing moves for a few turns. Aris Pulse is a move exclusive to the Arisol species. It is a Psychic-type healing move that has priority.

The drawing of Arisol on the left is meant to represent a scene at the start of the story, in which the character Arylett wakes up from suspended animation after thousands of years. She was human before she went under, so she's understandably surprised.

Ascension is a mechanic similar to Mega Evolution, which allows a Pokemon to assume a powered up form that is either Holy or Abyss. Holy forms are themed angelic, whilst Abyss are demonic. Arisol's Holy form is similar to Mega Absol. Regular Absol has an Abyss form instead, which is very similar to Mega Absol as well, though I plan on making slight alterations to the design.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom