• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!
Aulos
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I like your signature. Do you play a woodwind instrument?

EDIT: Checked your bio, lmao. Oboe is beautiful. I really admire double reeds.
    TheCapsFan
    TheCapsFan
    super cool!! Do you play for like a local orchestra in your spare time?
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Sadly not right now. I've had some health problems lately. I'm really sad because I could have been the 1st/principal oboe this last semester.
    TheCapsFan
    TheCapsFan
    Aw I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully the spot is reserved for you when you feel better.
    Reactions: Aulos
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Hi. Sorry for the delayed response. I'm ridiculous and I see a message and go do something else thinking I'll come back to it in time. That didn't happen this time. Sorry.
    Darth Darkrai
    Darth Darkrai
    HA! That Sounds Funny. It's Fine. :) I'm LESS ACTIVE Here these Days Anyway TBH. I'm On a Different Site, BUT I AM TRYING to Come Back Here and Talk with People. :)
    Indeed... When I saw you commenting about the importance of the female protagonist, I hoped: "hey, maybe finally someone else who supports feminism in this shitty world!"

As a guy, I don't think guys should call themselves feminists, they should support the movement as allys and not lead it. So I support it and try to be a proper ally.
    Aulos
    Aulos
    I don't know that guys shouldn't be able to call themselves feminists. I just think they should be careful and understand that they are more on the ally side. But it's not like the issues that feminism hopes to address don't effect men. They most certainly do.

I've called Gamefreak/Nintendo out so many times for how they've handled the protagonists. How they've completely shafted Leaf and only shown Red (I can't forgive them for not giving an option to face Leaf in HG/SS, and now I just really don't like seeing Red, period. Which is sad. They need to be more fair.), how they did that Pokemon Generations series and only showed the male protagonists. It's all so ridiculous.
    Hi, I just wanted to say your avatar is adorable! And I see you like Pokemon Crystal in that game top 10 forum, nice! Also my favourite Pokemon game. And mentioning the female protagonist makes me happy, too many people ignore the importance of that. :3
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Thank you. Yeah, sadly people don't realize the importance of it... But people don't usually realize the importance of female representation to begin with, so it's no shock.
    Hi, long time no talk. I joined a concert band again and started regularly practice clarinet again. Do you know much about the band composers Phillip Sparke and David Gillingham?
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Wow. So much has changed since we last talked! I switched from the bassoon to oboe. Never really thought that would happen, but that's how things went. I returned to university last year and played in the Wind Ensemble as the only oboist. D: Kind of scary because I'm really not the best and still didn't know how to work with reeds and had no faculty that was always on campus that could help me.

I'm glad you got back into playing! I'm afraid I don't really know much about those composers. It's possible I've played something from them over the years, but it's been so many years. lol
    Hey, I just noticed your 3rd Bulbaversary was yesterday! Congrats!
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Oh, thank you. I've had so much going on over the last couple of days I honestly hadn't even noticed. lol
    Kharixi
    Kharixi
    As I said, congrats. :)
    It wasn't on purpose and yeah... no one has even messages here since November until today
    Aulos
    Aulos
    What a magic month! Coincidentally my ex hasn't messaged (or talked to me at all) me since then either. Oh well.
    No no I've been on here ever since just... no offense FORGOT about U, just Internet Incopitent on getting an Avatar
    Aulos
    Aulos
    Oh, that's fine. I'm used to being forgotten about. lol
    He sure knows how to write for the Clarinet too. I've played his 1st Concerto (F minor) - and that was my first attempt at a concerto. It was, indeed, a great piece to start - easy enough, yet an effective use for the clarinet.

If you don't mind, can I add you on my friends list?
    Yeah, Mozart's concerto is essentially a music from God. What I find really beautiful is that while there is some room for interpretation, yet there is not one passage redundant. It's very demanding, and also very difficult to play it right, though - esp the 2nd and 3rd Movts. I only managed to do a playthrough of the 1st.
    What about CM von Weber? If I remember correctly, I think he wrote a Bassoon concerto too. Have you played it?
    I've been playing the clarinet for nearly 15 years now. I used to take Music as my Australian Year 12 subject in Adelaide, and practiced and played the Mozart concerto for my final exam. Now, however, I don't really have the time though. Have you ever played the Mozart Concerto for Basoon/Orch?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…