1. As Bulbagarden aims to be a safe place for everyone, please take your time to read a note on harrassment on Bulbagarden.
Aulos
Last Activity:
Sep 25, 2018 at 1:36 AM
Blog Posts:
Musical Arts Student (transferring to Musicology)

Aulos

Winds <3

Noooo, not XenForo. The old forums were perfect! D: Nov 13, 2015

Aulos was last seen:
Sep 25, 2018 at 1:36 AM
    1. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      Oh Hi :)
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        Hi. Sorry for the delayed response. I'm ridiculous and I see a message and go do something else thinking I'll come back to it in time. That didn't happen this time. Sorry.
        May 22, 2018
      2. Darth Darkrai
        Darth Darkrai
        HA! That Sounds Funny. It's Fine. :) I'm LESS ACTIVE Here these Days Anyway TBH. I'm On a Different Site, BUT I AM TRYING to Come Back Here and Talk with People. :)
        May 22, 2018
    2. Champion Bayleef
      Champion Bayleef
      Indeed... When I saw you commenting about the importance of the female protagonist, I hoped: "hey, maybe finally someone else who supports feminism in this shitty world!"

As a guy, I don't think guys should call themselves feminists, they should support the movement as allys and not lead it. So I support it and try to be a proper ally.
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        I don't know that guys shouldn't be able to call themselves feminists. I just think they should be careful and understand that they are more on the ally side. But it's not like the issues that feminism hopes to address don't effect men. They most certainly do.

I've called Gamefreak/Nintendo out so many times for how they've handled the protagonists. How they've completely shafted Leaf and only shown Red (I can't forgive them for not giving an option to face Leaf in HG/SS, and now I just really don't like seeing Red, period. Which is sad. They need to be more fair.), how they did that Pokemon Generations series and only showed the male protagonists. It's all so ridiculous.
        Aug 13, 2017
        Champion Bayleef likes this.
    3. Champion Bayleef
      Champion Bayleef
      Hi, I just wanted to say your avatar is adorable! And I see you like Pokemon Crystal in that game top 10 forum, nice! Also my favourite Pokemon game. And mentioning the female protagonist makes me happy, too many people ignore the importance of that. :3
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        Thank you. Yeah, sadly people don't realize the importance of it... But people don't usually realize the importance of female representation to begin with, so it's no shock.
        Aug 12, 2017
        Champion Bayleef likes this.
    4. Moon Umbreon
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        Hi, how are you doing?
        Jul 14, 2017
      2. Moon Umbreon
        Jul 14, 2017
    5. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      Hi, long time no talk. I joined a concert band again and started regularly practice clarinet again. Do you know much about the band composers Phillip Sparke and David Gillingham?
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        Wow. So much has changed since we last talked! I switched from the bassoon to oboe. Never really thought that would happen, but that's how things went. I returned to university last year and played in the Wind Ensemble as the only oboist. D: Kind of scary because I'm really not the best and still didn't know how to work with reeds and had no faculty that was always on campus that could help me.

I'm glad you got back into playing! I'm afraid I don't really know much about those composers. It's possible I've played something from them over the years, but it's been so many years. lol
        Jul 8, 2017
    6. Darth Darkrai
    7. The Light
      The Light
      Hey, I just noticed your 3rd Bulbaversary was yesterday! Congrats!
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        Oh, thank you. I've had so much going on over the last couple of days I honestly hadn't even noticed. lol
        Sep 25, 2016
      2. The Light
        The Light
        As I said, congrats. :)
        Sep 25, 2016
    8. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      It wasn't on purpose and yeah... no one has even messages here since November until today
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        What a magic month! Coincidentally my ex hasn't messaged (or talked to me at all) me since then either. Oh well.
        Sep 25, 2016
    9. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      No no I've been on here ever since just... no offense FORGOT about U, just Internet Incopitent on getting an Avatar
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        Oh, that's fine. I'm used to being forgotten about. lol
        Sep 23, 2016
    10. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      Oh, when the BulbaGarden Forum Change happened LOL!
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        Wow, you haven't been on here in quite some time, huh?
        Sep 23, 2016
    11. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      Hey there!
      1. Aulos
        Aulos
        Hi. What happened to your profile picture? o.o
        Sep 23, 2016
    12. Aulos
      Aulos
      Noooo, not XenForo. The old forums were perfect! D:
    13. Darth Darkrai
    14. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      Hey, been a VERY VERY LONG TIME!! :)
    15. RainbowSkittles
    16. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      He sure knows how to write for the Clarinet too. I've played his 1st Concerto (F minor) - and that was my first attempt at a concerto. It was, indeed, a great piece to start - easy enough, yet an effective use for the clarinet.

If you don't mind, can I add you on my friends list?
    17. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      Yeah, Mozart's concerto is essentially a music from God. What I find really beautiful is that while there is some room for interpretation, yet there is not one passage redundant. It's very demanding, and also very difficult to play it right, though - esp the 2nd and 3rd Movts. I only managed to do a playthrough of the 1st.
      What about CM von Weber? If I remember correctly, I think he wrote a Bassoon concerto too. Have you played it?
    18. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      I've been playing the clarinet for nearly 15 years now. I used to take Music as my Australian Year 12 subject in Adelaide, and practiced and played the Mozart concerto for my final exam. Now, however, I don't really have the time though. Have you ever played the Mozart Concerto for Basoon/Orch?
    19. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      Right! Have you played other instruments too?
    20. henrymidfields
      henrymidfields
      Hey, so you're a woodwind player too? I'm a clarinettist here (or I used to be such).
  • About

Musical Arts Student (transferring to Musicology)
    Favorite Generation:
    Generation II (Game Boy Color)
    Favorite Alolan Form:
    Alolan Vulpix
    Favorite Region:
    Kalos
    Favorite Gym Badge:
    Snowpoint City Icicle Badge
    Favorite Pokémon Type:
    Ice
    Nintendo Network ID:
    WoodwindsRock
    Nintendo 2DS/3DS Friend Code:
    1032-1351-5240
    PokéCommunity Username:
    Harmonie
    I play the oboe. I love woodwind/brass instruments and their history. I'm pretty boring, I know.

Photo of Vase used in Avatar Credit: Photo (C) RMN-Grand Palais (musée du Louvre) / Hervé Lewandowski

Signature

~[​IMG]~
    [​IMG]
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.