Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Your cute team was looking good - and fun, it's your decision. I have not used Pidgey, Buneary, Deerling, or Helioptile, wish you luck with them. Both Zigzagoon and Meowth are favorites of mine.

Meowth evolves at level 28 - but learns Pay Day at level 30 only as Meowth (easy way of getting a few more PokeDollars) cannot learn Pay Day as Persian. Hopefully that Zigzagoon has Pick Up. With the Amulet Coin + Pay Day it will double PokeDollars per trainer battles/gym, and a little during wild Pokemon battles.

Brawley will be a bit tough, unless Pidgey knows at least a good flying attack or two.

Just made it with Korrina with my current Fox Team.
    Wish you Good Luck with your current team
    It would have been.

Fire Team: I'm at Shalour City - after Tower of Mastery
    Fox Team I'm playing at the moment, I'm still half way through Reflection Cave before Shalour City.
    Clemont will be tougher than I imagined!
    The one with most type disadvantaged won! awesome.
    Wow, man you lost that many to Clemont. I may have to raise my fire team well. I haven't done changes for a few days since I been playing with my Fox Team.
    I'm horrible at giving suggestions, other than replacing Ember, not sure what else to suggest (if I think of any more I'll let you know) - especially when I haven't used Fire Types much - it's my second team where I focus a lot on fire-type based team, with my Fox team its 4 Fire types, 2 Dark types.
    I remember Barry, he was hilarious!! Don't know why I do that, I just got accustomed to it.
    Eventually what ever happens to be missing will be found.

Really soon both Kiara and RJ will have forgotten Ember. I'm still considering Wild Charge
    at level 38, Pyroar learns Flamethrower so Ember will be forgotten.
    at level 39, RJ learns Flame Burst, when Ember will be forgotten

I don't worry or get offended if someone disagrees with me - I love both Normal and Poison, I used them before so I have a general idea on how to use them.

One of my top 5 favorite moves is normal type - Assist (mainly cats learn). Inverse Battles, I loved them, it made me think of a different strategy to win, many times I did forget it was inverse battle just brought out a 'wrong typed' Pokemon

replied late since I just came back from work.
    Just realized in my previous message I made two mistakes - both Vulpix and Delphox I caught them with Luxury Balls, not regular Poke Balls (I just copied and pasted my team info of one Pokemon and changed it to match the next Pokemon - forgot to change that)

Mozart the male Delphox:
    Sophie the female Vulpix
    Bomyne, the male Growlithe
    Robbin Jay the male Fletchinder
    Rosaria, the female Infernape
    Kiara, the female Pyroar
    Banner looks awesome. seen it a few times in your signature.

Tried lots of suggestions about taking down my favorites, no matter what I try it just never works - I still get to sad - I still turn down volume and look away.

I know all about Monferno/Infernape - I used him before in a Fighting-type team (just took down E4/Champ about a month ago with that team).

I get your worries on Normal type attacks, I used them a lot, have an idea how to use them - as Normal is my favorite type. Might consider dig, honestly not a move I like

Both Growlithe and Vulpix getting ready to evolve.

Thanks for some great tips - helps out a bunch.
    Next VM I'll post my current team after Korrina.
    Just took down Korrina (time of this VM) - as I expected easy gym, but very emotional to take down. No problems with either Machoke or Hawlucha, Braixen took care of both with psychic attacks. It was Korrina's third Pokemon that I had the most emotional time with, being one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon, it's very tough for me to faint one. I had to turn off the volume in my 3DS and had to look away, by the time I looked back at my 3DS at least it was over.
    Sorry for late reply, I was at a doctor's appointment. Great suggestions.

I had plan on replacing Roar with Extremespeed.
    Aerial Ace with Iron Tail
    Might consider replacing a Fire Type move with Wild Charge
    That would leave Growlithe/Arcanine a mix of various type attacks.

I still have plenty of time to decide on attack moves for everyone - it's still a Fire Type team, want to make sure all 6 have at least 1 fire type move.

Already using a Fire/Flying type with the soon to be Talonflame

I'm good at both Berry Picker and Head It, I love both equally so at times I will alternate.
    I had to practice a lot with Berry Picker since the hard mode I could never get pass 12 berries - now I can get over 35 at a time. It only takes 20 to get pass the hard.
    Soon going to get both Growlithe/Arcanine Amie videos on my YouTube channel, still have many to upload (I mainly focus on Pokemon Amie and TCG openings).
    I have sufficient BP to teach a few Pokemon Iron Tail - I like 2 out of the 3 games (that puzzle one is kind of boring for me, I have not gotten pass the hard level - the other two are addicting). Every time I play a new team, even before I get first badge, I have to get them all to 5 heart affection.

Had to give the team a quick rest mainly since my 3DS was running low on battery. My charger is from from my laptop. About to get back to it in a few minutes. Still in Reflection Cave.

Plan on teaching Iron Tail to Bomyne the Growlithe and make him forget Aerial Ace.
    That's right, forgot about Steel Wing and Iron Tail - wished I had remembered them early, by now all 6 Pokemon are at 5 heart Amie affection - once I transferred them over to another game they will reset back to 0 - it will be another 2 hours of Amie, at least I don't mind I love Amie.

Both Growlithe & Arcanine will be in my next Amie vid on my YouTube channel, I haven't uploaded since early August.
    Your team looks awesome - thanks for some great ideas. I always learn a little from looking at other's teams.

I probably wont make Growlithe and Vulpix until around level 45 or so.
    I know that not everyone likes nicknaming Pokemon, I always nickname mine, either after my favorite TV Show characters, Movie Characters, or my family member names. Other times I just look at names from football players or names of foreign origin.

My entire Eeveelution team has Finnish style nicknames - as there are 8 Eeveelutions, I have 3 that stay permanently with me - Umbreon, Flareon, and Glaceon and the other 5 I will rotate between gyms - 3 stay in team and 2 in the PC box.

• Viola was way too easy for me!
    • I struggled with Grant.
    Remaining Gym leaders:
    • I'm going to struggle with Korrina (emotionally!! I have trouble battling against my favorite Pokemon - Mienfoo is high on my favorites, Korrina uses one in her gym)
    • Ramos won't be any problem! - type Advantage!!
    • Clemont shouldn't be tough - hope I can avoid paralysis as much as possible
    • Valarie should be interesting - rely on luck!! I don't have anything effective on fairies
    • Olympia should be easy!! as long as I remember to keep the dark attacks on my Vulpix/Ninetales
    • Wulfric should be easy!! slight type advantage.

Wish you luck with your other team 'the cute Pokemon team' - besides Fire Type team, I'm also playing:
    • Feline Team in Alpha Sapphire
    • Fox Team in Pokemon X
    • Eeveelution Team in Pokemon Y
    • German Dark Team in Pokemon X
    • Non-Hoenn Team in Omega Ruby
    How you been so far? - how's your fire team going? - I'm still a bit behind since I have a few teams I'm playing. I try to alternate between teams once a day.

So far I'm in Route 19, after leaving Cyllage City, it was kind of tough struggle against Grant. Bomyne managed to take down Amaura, missed a few times due to Paralysis - had to use Super Potion 3 times! Rosaria took down Tyrunt - had to use potion once.

At the moment:
    24 - Growlithe - Male
    Poke Ball
    Item: Soothe Bell
    Nickname: Bomyne
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Intimidate
    • Aerial Ace
    • Roar
    • Fire Fang
    • Flame Wheel

25 - Litleo - Female
    Luxury Ball
    Item: Amulet Coin
    Nickname: Kiara
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Unnerve
    • Fire Fang
    • Noble Roar
    • Ember
    • Work Up

29 - Monferno - Female
    Poke Ball
    Item:
    Nickname: Rosaria
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Blaze
    • Strenght
    • Ember
    • Mach Punch
    • Flame Wheel

25 - Braixen - Male
    Poke Ball
    Item:
    Nickname: Mozart
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Blaze
    • Flame Charge
    • Tail Whip
    • Fire Spin
    • Psybeam

28 - Vulpix - Female
    Luxury Ball
    Item: Lucky Egg
    Nickname: Kiara
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Flash Fire
    • Flame Burst
    • Flame Charge
    • Flamethrower
    • Feint Attack

25 - Fletchinder - Male
    Poke Ball
    Item: Rocky Helmet
    Nickname: Robbin Jay
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Flame Body
    • Ember
    • Agility
    • Roost
    • Pech
    I guess it really is "each to their own" though. I mean, i haven't used Fly since i got Soar and probably never will again. At least on my OR game. :p But i can understand why some dont like it.
    I dunno.. personally i consider fly to be boring. I want to be able to soar over the game world and fly myself there :p I just wish soar wasn't limited to one pokemon and required that mega animation.
    By tap I mean choosing the location I want to fly to, tap on it with the stylus and fly we will be there soon.
    for quick example: I'm on Sootopolis City and want to get to Mauville City - I'll just tap where Mauville City is on the map and Fly will get me there without having too take to long to get there by bike or soaring - instant, but it still does require a Pokemon that knows fly.

I'm on Route 8 - just a beach south of Cyllage City.
    Sorry Bomyne, not much progress today - continued my Feline journal, more than 10 days late - have to get my next chapter up.
    I also tried Soaring for the first time in Alpha Sapphire, it wasn't too bad - I just wish it could take me to my desired location, like Fly does, tap location on lower screen it would take me there.

Once I get the chapter up, I'll continue playing it.
    The main Pokemon I need are just legendary - so in a way not too interested in catching them at the moment - instead I just breed for various other theme teams.

I may try out Soaring a chance, as it's the only new feature I haven't tried.
    That's true, I have not used it, actually I rarely use fly. I prefer to ride on the bike every where I go, so in a way I became an expert on the routes and where they connect to.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom