Axion
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Mawile: TM Brick Break, TM Rock Tomb, TM Rest, TM Payback, TM Swords Dance, TM Rock Slide, TM Sleep Talk, TM Stone Edge, TM Psych Up, TM Power-Up Punch, BM Fire Fang, BM Guard Swap, BM Metal Burst, BM Poison Fang, BM Punishment, MT Counter, MT Ice Punch, MT Knock Off, MT Magnet Rist, MT Pain Split, MT Snatch, MT Stealth Rock, MT Super Fang, MT Thunder Punch, SM Sing
    Aegislash: TM Hidden Power, TM Shadow Ball, TM Rest, TM Shadow Ball, TM Gyro Ball, TM Rock Slide, TM Sleep Talk, TM Flash Cannon, BM Destiny Bond

Which covers most of what I'd ever get them, obviously you don't need every single move there
    kintsugi,

Youre welcome for the fast grade. Smores and I had been talking about it on AIM about it, so we just agreed for me to do it.

Compression is something most people never see, I do because of other art stuff. It looks like fuzzy discoloration, in your image it shows up around the letters. Easy way to remove it is when saving in gimp, you turn off compression and maximize the quality. But that is just my weekly nitpick.

As far as pencil vs pen: best way to fix the edges issue would be to draw the outline on one layer, then use a pen and color in the affected area with the brush on a different layer. The bucket tool only has limited success, its better to do stuff on other layers.

If you have other questions on gimp or images in general, you are welcome to hit me up here or on AIM.

Jevon
    Hey, thank you so much for the cuaration. You're so fast, 's like... woah. Anyway. I didn't want to take up extra posts in the thread, but I had a few questions (and basically everything else in the curation made a bunch of sense to me and I'll try to address it if, god forbid, I do another piece XD). What do you mean by compression? I sort of just uploaded and chugged away, so it's probably a setting I neglected to fix, but how could I do that?

And then the pen vs pencil choice. I've migrated to pen/brush tools for my shading, but I find that when I use the pen tool for doing my lineart, when I color in the flat colors using the bucket tool (my process so far is: draw lineart, duplicate layer, color flats on duplicate using bucket, new layer, do shading on new layer, merge down for advance blending if absolutely necessary), the flats themselves don't fill into the lines all the way.

Like. Uh. The brush is soft all the way around, so while it looks prettier on the outside, when I do mass filling for the inside, there's a faint white line where the bucket refuses to pick up the soft edges of the brush on the inside, if that makes sense? I can provide pictures if that'll help, but how could I address that problem, as well?

Otherwise, everything you suggested in your curation made a lot of sense to me. (The dots were sort of supposed to be embers/sparks/blood and then fade into fuzzy stars, but that didn't come across too well, haha, and the ribcage in the second picture is more for the macabre than realism, I guess?) Thank you so much, though!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom