Recent content by BenRG

1. B

Offical May Leaving or Staying Debate thread!

Well... Perhaps it isn't that straightforward Rehash, yes. Boring? Well, we'll see. That is in the hands of the scriptwriters. Now you are making the mistake of believing that The Powers That Be automatically view the success of May and AG in the same way as you do. Their analysis of their...
  2. B

Just kidding! Kasumi, I was kidding. Please note the laughing smiley that I left at the end of my previous post. :-p Scott, I was talking rehashing concepts rather than characters. Let's face it, Ash has been the same thing at the start of every region: a beginner trying to prove himself...
  3. B

Ash...(spoilers for latest Japanese episode)

Oh, Ash will have plenty to do, what with having to test himself against the new/unique Pokémon of the Shinou region (and can someone please tell me if I'm spelling that right). He will probably also take the lead against Jessie, James and the villains of the region (Team Galaxy?). In the...
  4. B

Review AG191: Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle!!

I have to say that I can't see how they can make a tied result work unless, as Scott85 suggests, it isn't really a competitive match. Oh - an idea how to resolve ties in Contests. The winner is the Cooridinator who has scored the highest net number of appeals (calculated as the total number...
  5. B

Opinion =/= fact This is rapidly turning into a contest of opinions. You clearly have decided in advance that having Ash and Hikari in a master/apprentice relationship would make him a 'boring side-kick character'. I, on the other hand, do not. However, as this is just my opinion against...
  6. B

Could still be different Because The Powers That Be have already shown total contempt for all of the characters in preference to increasing the sales of Nintendo's newest wares. ;-) Seriously, Brock and Misty were sometimes used as expositors of Pokémon lore in the first few series. Ash...
  7. B

Different skills = Different character I believe that the appropriate response to that is: "MY EYES! MY EYES! OH THE HUMANITY!!!" :bawling: If I am correct in saying that the Super Contests are radically different in nature from the Houen-style Pokémon Contests, then there is no reason to...
  8. B

Stuck in a rut I have to say that there is a real danger that the use of the character of Ash is in danger of getting stuck in a rut. Since the beginning it has just been "New region, get eight badges, compete in League and lose after progressing quite far". I would like to see the animé try...
  9. B

Why not? I must say that I don't understand why it is so impossible that May should want to train and perfect her co-ordinator skills in Houen (where, after all, the Contest concept originated before being exported to the rest of the Pokémon world). The only reason for her not to do so is this...
  10. B

PearlShipping Dicussion Thread! {Ash and Hikari}

How I would do it: Let's try something completely different: Ash is not the primary character in the Shinou region - Hikari is and she develops her own band of friends and rivals. Ash and Brock appear, at most, every two-to-three episodes. He is the established Trainer with a formidable...
  11. B

Advanceshipping Vs Pokeshipping

Time vs. popularity I think that it is more of a case of amount of exposure in the recent episodes of the animé than popularity, FabuVinny. May has been in every episode for several years, while Misty has only been in a few one-off shows and specials. Because of this, there are more current...
  12. B

First Dp Title?

Back to topic... If we can return to the topic (gee... do you guys remember that? :rolleyes: ) I wouldn't be surprised if the 'episode title' revealed through that Japanese magazine was actually the 'working title' of the script. Often, when projects start in TV or movies, they only give...
  13. B

Simple, really The point is that the Powers That Be can, with a straight face, claim that Ash and May are 'equally good' and can send May on her way home to Houen without fatally offending either Ash or her partisans amongst the fanbase as regarding who is the better Trainer. I'm with...
  14. B

Review AG190: Deciding Match! VS Regice!!

Oh well... I guess we can now say with certainty that Ash is going to be in D/P. The fact that the entire BF arc has been just to get a cool plastic plaque in a nice frame indicates that the Powers That Be have decided that Ash's eternal, endless and goalless journey is to continue. :banghead...
  15. B

Worth the price of admission It should be interesting to see what happens. I'm not sure how animé contests work (I've seen a few of the episodes, but it wasn't made too clear). However, I do realise that it isn't the type-vs-type issue of true battles, it is a contest of strength and the...
Back
Top Bottom