1. Episode 15 of Bulbacast was live streamed today. In case you missed it, you can watch it on YouTube here.
Beth Pavell
Last Activity:
Nov 18, 2018 at 8:07 AM
Blog Posts:
Sales Assistant

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex, from England

Beth Pavell was last seen:
Nov 18, 2018 at 8:07 AM
    1. PetitEevee
      PetitEevee
      Hey how are you? Is everything alright?
    2. AetherX
      AetherX
      Sorry I missed your message, I'm available to beta yeah. I start work next week, but I always look forward to your stuff.
      1. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        Oh, you're starting work? Good news, where are you working?
        Feb 14, 2018
      2. AetherX
        AetherX
        It's the engineering firm I interned at for a couple summers. Probably best I could have hoped for to be honest.
        Feb 14, 2018
        kintsugi likes this.
      3. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        Hey, it's a start. Always helps to be actually working in the industry related to your degree
        Feb 14, 2018
    3. kintsugi
      kintsugi
      btw long time no see; how's life?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        That's a big question. Well ... permanent work is an improvement whatever way you slice it. But selling glorified placebos made by a self-righteous company to snotty teenage girls presents plenty of opportunities to be annoyed
        Feb 13, 2018
      3. kintsugi
        kintsugi
        Ah, the joys of customer service. You have my extreme condolences lol; some of that stuff makes me want to tear my hair out.

Any good stories?
        Feb 14, 2018
      4. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        Well, there was that guy who bought a £250 gift box off me over Christmas. That's, what, about $350?
        Feb 14, 2018
    4. Jersey Jimmy
      Jersey Jimmy
      Hey, just wondering if you've got a Discord.
      1. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        I don't, I hardly use social media
        Dec 22, 2017
      2. Jersey Jimmy
        Jersey Jimmy
        Oh, damn, alright.
        Dec 24, 2017
    5. Misfit Angel
      Misfit Angel
      Just for clarification, your recent Review Game request is the entire thing, correct?
      1. Misfit Angel
        Misfit Angel
        Oh and while I'm here, I'm putting together a special christmas chapter for Land of the Roses that'll feature some cameo appearances by characters from around the workshop. You interested in having one of your characters featured for a brief interaction/gift exchange with Andrea? If you are, I'll send further details!
        Dec 2, 2017
      2. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        Yes, it is. And sure, that sounds amusing
        Dec 2, 2017
        Misfit Angel likes this.
    6. Flaze
      Flaze
      Hey hey, I've got an anime that's right up your alley.
      1. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        Have you indeed?
        Nov 19, 2017
      2. Flaze
        Flaze
        AAAAH I forgot to reply.

It's called The Ancient Magus Bride. It's about a japanese girl with the ability to see magical creatures who, after leading a life of misfortune goes to england and sells her soul in an auction, only to get bought by a strange mage. The story mostly focuses on her learning more about magic, magic creatures and her abilities while also gaining a bigger understanding about herself and growing more world weary.

It also looks completely beautiful and takes place in england grabbing influences mainly from british and welsh mythology and putting a lot of focus on the backgrounds and world around the characters.
        Nov 26, 2017
    7. Scarlet Sky
      Scarlet Sky
      I've been meaning to ask to ask something. Are your blog entries meant to be something along the lines of daily writing exercises? Just curious, that's all. ^^;
      1. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        After a fashion. They're meant to be more like nature blogs, but I suppose there is some overlap
        Nov 10, 2017
      2. Scarlet Sky
        Scarlet Sky
        That sounds pretty fun. I'd like to take up writing myself, but I tend to find it difficult to get started without a prompt of some sort.
        Nov 11, 2017
    8. Flaze
      Flaze
      yo, how have you been?
    9. AetherX
      AetherX
      Sure thing. I could probably get it back to you early next week.
    10. AetherX
      AetherX
      It's been quite underwhelming, to be honest. I don't feel any smarter, despite having a piece of paper that says I am.

Perhaps. I've been forcing myself to work on it more, but without a big burst of inspiration it's slow going. How's TLW coming? Only a few chapters away from the end of the tourney arc, I imagine.
    11. AetherX
      AetherX
      Yeah, a few months ago.

It's coming. Did some planning for the next episode of Rara Avis. I'm trying to figure out which subplots to introduce and how without it becoming crowded. I'm also most of the way through the next chapter of Unpredictable. I got stuck on a scene for a while, but I've realized it's probably best to just cut it.
    12. AetherX
      AetherX
      Not much, I missed out on some opportunities due to surgery recovery. Found a few jobs to apply to, but no word yet. Still early though.
    13. AetherX
      AetherX
      Hey. I'm doing alright. Just been applying for jobs and whatnot. You?
    14. Misfit Angel
      Misfit Angel
      I'm curious, what are your preferred pronouns if any? Your information is listed as male but I keep seeing you refer to yourself with female pronouns, so I'm not sure which it is.
      1. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        Ah xD I'm actually not at all bothered
        Sep 14, 2017
      2. Misfit Angel
        Misfit Angel
        I'll go with female I guess. Kinda easier to think of, what with the name and avatar.
        Sep 14, 2017
    15. Flaze
      Flaze
      I'm making an attempt xD; but no one seems to be paying attention :(
    16. Anime Psyclone
      Anime Psyclone
      nice avatar lol
      1. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        Nicer than in person, you know
        Jul 18, 2017
    17. canisaries
      canisaries
      Sorry to intrude like this, but a part in your review of my Agape really confused me. How is Samwise Gamgee representative of agape?
      Also, this is kind of awkward, but... I asked for a review on any part from part 3 onwards (3 included), not before. Mostly because from part 3 onward the protagonist has way more of a spotlight.
      1. Beth Pavell
        Beth Pavell
        Oh, I forgot, you meant agape in the Christian sense, didn't you? Well, in that case I'd amend that to "less 'Prophet Brutha' and more 'obsessed anime maid'"

I beg your pardon, but you gave Part 3 as a reviewing option, and Part 3 is what I reviewed
        Jun 19, 2017
      2. canisaries
        canisaries
        ...Alright then, I just didn't intend for the first two to be read, surprised you did it anyway.

Still, funny you should say "obsessed anime maid". Yandere is exactly what I was going for. I used agape for its definition (love between man and god) and the irony based on their dysfunctional relationship... but whatever.
        Jun 19, 2017
    18. AetherX
      AetherX
      I do. I'm going to have to take my time to make the battles worth it, both to read and to write. I might take you up on that once I get a bit farther. I'm having trouble matching the protagonist's character arc with the plot arc I conceived.

Perhaps those flaws were deliberate design choices? It looks excellent. I'd like more than one game to justify buying a Switch, but I really want to play it at some point.
    19. AetherX
      AetherX
      Keep on trucking! I'm sure it will be a release to get through this tourney arc at least. I'd appreciate your beta input. It's a little ways out, though. This is my first time writing something long form that doesn't have the helpful plot-skeleton of a journey fic. I'm trying to plan it out start to finish more rigorously than I did with Unpredictable.

I hear Breath of the Wild is great. How you liking it?
    20. AetherX
      AetherX
      I'm okay. I recently moved back in with my parents while I take an online class to finish up my degree. It should ideally leave me with a lot of free time, but I've been in a bit of a motivation-less funk recently. I have started some planning on a new fic idea I had, which is good.

What have you been up to recently?
  • About

Sales Assistant
    Favorite Generation:
    Generation IV (DS)
    Favorite Region:
    Johto / Jōto
    Favorite Gym Badge:
    Celadon City Rainbow Badge
    Favorite Pokémon Type:
    Grass

Signature

Banner by Misheard Whisper
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.