Beth Pavell
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Nothing pls, I'm perfect. Nah just kidding, well when it comes to me you should never expect something philosphical or exemplary or something that breaks the BOUNDARIES OF LITERATURE or anything of the sort like say kintsugi's Shantih. Most of my stories tend to be pretty lighthearted with basic settings, I have tried my jab at dark stories or more serious stories but I can never keep them alive for long xD; another thing is that my stories always involve action of some kind or sci fi.
    I'm awesome at battles *is also cocky* well I wouldn't say I'm awesome but it's what I usually get more praise for xD and I like writing them but something while writing it it can get a bit too overwhelming.
    Well writing as a girl really isn't easy, I think I've gotten lucky xD though I still tend to use a bit of suspension of disbelief with mine but I try to give all my characters good backgrounds that can fit their gender in that regard.

True, though I'll have to focus on writing for now.
    How come?

Actually there have from what I noticed, and a lot of poetry too.
    Eve is a very interesting character, I mean her character type isn't exactly unseen but I like her drive and I'm interested in her background. I think you have a great character on your hands :p
    Ahh....hahahaha....yeah that's part of the reason why I ended up getting my current writer's blog xD; I mean I love this story and I do spend quite a while planning things out and I enjoy the characters not gonna lie, but there was a point where I did get a bit bored and such of having to write them so I just needed a break, I prefered to take a hiatus instead of stubbornly writing on and risk messing up.

Well I hope you do get a chance to read it cause I'll be updating it soon :)
    I don´t go by word count sadly xD; mostly cause I forget the number, I do know Dragon's Roar had 50 chapters with each one being around 10 pages each and such. It' s pretty old so I wasn't as good back then as I am now xD; frankly at times I feel like I overdid it a bit with some things and even ended up changing some of the characters appearances and histories as I fleshed the story out more in the second one.
    Well yeah it does help a lot in that regards if you want to know what you should or shouldn't do and what's been done.

There are two others here actually, though I have the luck of having been the firs one to do one xD it was an idea I always wanted to play with but didn't know how to approach.
    I used to have that problem xD then I stopped hanging around tv tropes and got back to normal, it's a fun sight but...yeah it kind of makes you go crazy if you overdo it.

Actually I have a few. For one, it's not bad to have a set plot but from my personal experience I think a good academy fic needs to be more grounded in a sense, it needs an entertaining plot that also fits the theme. What I mean is, and this is something I've done myself, is that academy fics make their plots stand out completely different from the actual academy setting so if you're going to give it a plot make sure that it relates to the school itself. Another thing is that academy fics allow you to use slice of life a lot but you have to make sure it doesn't get too stale cause, again, it's a close setting so there'll be a limit to how much your characters can do an explore.
    That was thanks to an old mod of the fairground a few years ago, she was part of TV tropes and did me the favor of creating an article for me, she was cool xD

Well over here we sort of get tired of the old formula for journey fics at times, I know I did which is why I got atracted to your story.
    What, did you expect everyoine to go "WHY DOESN'T THIS HAVE ACTION RAWWWWR!" or something xD I could see a couple of people commenting on it not having a clear plot so far but I think it's a nice touch for a journey fic. And yeah you posted on the sole chapter I've put up so far xD I was hit with a bit of a hiatus.

Well, I've been working with i for almost 4 years now so I'm pretty used to it, well except my academy fic is a bit more on the action side of thins at times xD but it's actually pretty fun, on the one hand it's a pretty close setting so there isn't much for world building but it also makes it easier to develop characters.
    No problem! I enjoy your story and I think it's everyone's duty around here to review as much as we can. I wish more people would be more active at that.
    Nothing wrong with a good slice of life, I actually think that would benefit your story a lot in my opinion.

Well I over the last few weeks I've been working on something I promised my gf I would write for her birthday and now that I'm FINALLY done with that I can go back to my stories. I have a couple of ideas for new stories but I'll be going back to my academy fic to see if I can finish it up. After that I'll finish the second chapter for Erin's Log.
    Speaking of shipping... dat Chapter Nine. I'm afraid I won't be properly reviewing The Long Walk again for a little while, but that was great fun to read.

I've never understood shipping as a genre. Romance is so much better when it's directly in the context of a greater story.
    I studied but then this whole thing happened in my country two months ago and classes have been suspended since, so I've been working at my parent's office for about two months now.
    No more like I can sleep till late without a care xD

And I've never actually drunk while writing...unless water and soda counts, I'm not much of a drinker to begin with and I think doing so will get me even more sidetrack than I usually get xD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom