T
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It should be a key item. Either it's in the player bag when Mewtwo is in its pacified state, or it's in Mewtwo's body when it is in its feral state. But you're right that there would also need to be another trigger to making Mewtwo take out the gene; that could be the original gene that was replaced. Perhaps it should be called the Clairvoyant Gene.
    The point would be removing it. I don't think that someone would use it for another experiment, but it's possible. I think that it should stay in the player's bag as a means of switching between the Mewtwo Formes, with the implication that even the feral Forme has calmed down and isn't dangerous when under the player's care.
    In addition to what I said in the thread, I don't think that a Mewthree would look so similar to Mewtwo. Not only do I think that we're dealing with a Mewtwo Forme despite the emphasis on its being new, but I also hope that's the sake. What point would a Mewthree serve? I didn't want a Forme, either, but at least it would give closure to Mewtwo's story in bringing it closer to its roots (while presumably retaining its strength).

The Japanese website references Mew as well as Mewtwo's creation. Dr. Fuji is just referred to as a person, but that's understandable since he is currently an obscure character; I wonder how many people have realized that he is Mr. Fuji. I really hope that Mr. Fuji not only has a role in the Mewtwo event (which will most likely be triggered by transferring the event Mewtwo), but also in the main story. I want the new villains to be Dr. Fuji's colleagues, who have taken a turn for the worse whereas Mr. Fuji has reformed.
    Sylveon (most likely derived from sylvan, which is a forest spirit) pretty much just cements the nymph origin. Everything is still speculative, but I believe that at least one of Sylveon's moves from the game footage is of a new type (either the first or third one, if not both).

Since Xerneas and Yveltal's types are also being kept hidden (and it's been over a month since their introduction), I suspect that they share Sylveon's new type. Looking at Yveltal, you certainly don't get a Light vibe from it. Considering that and the fact that the only element a nymph directly alludes to is a mystical power, my current theory is that we're dealing with a Mystic type. By that I am referring to creatures that are not so much legendary as they are mysterious and associated with fables. Surprisingly, not many current Pokémon fit that bill.

If they opt for the Mystic route, then I see the following Pokémon being included: The Clefairy and Togepi lines, Vulpix and Zorua lines, Milotic, Mew, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. 15 Pokémon being retconned would be reasonable, and there could be at least eight more Mystic-type species introduced in Generation VI (with three having already been revealed).
    Ninfia does look like those Pokémon, but I'm rather weary of using that as evidence since that could just point to its type being Normal, as banal as that would be. I just wonder what "nymph" is supposed to represent.
    I guess that nymph is the name origin due to the Japanese spelling, but right now that is not a good thing in my book. Are nymphs all that benevolent? I'm bothered by the emphasis on their relationship with the environment. Ninfia is glittering in one of the anime images, thankfully.
    I'm still looking for other possible name origins. Right now ninon, which is a type of French fabric, seems to be the most likely possibility.
    ----------
    The bonds between players and Pokémon will deepen, and Pokémon will become stronger with the new battle structure.
    ----------
    That's from Tsunekazu Ishihara. The new battle structure is not a new type as that wouldn't make Pokémon stronger (only a select few), but at least this shows that Game Freak may be open to shaking things up. That, and a Light type would a testament of the strengthened bond between Pokémon and people. Still, my expectations are low at this point.

In theory, the new battle strucutre could be similar to my idea about the Chaos type. As you may recall, I suggested that Unown might be able to project the type onto other Pokémon, giving them advantages in battles (such as immunities to other types) for the duration of a few turns.
    Just remember to take anything they say with a grain of salt, because Game Freak have a tendency to exaggerate. When we didn't know anything concrete about Black and White, Masuda described them as "Is this Pokémon?" Worse still, they also tried to pass off B2W2 as games with "almost entirely new gameplay elements."

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you. No one has ever told me that before, but I don't mind as I am not a religious person (I consider myself Jewish by nationality).
    I do have hope seeing as it's a feasible outcome that should happen, but I don't trust Game Freak to necessarily do the right thing. Unfortunately, "elemental type" is rather ill-defined, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we saw a Ghost-type or Dragon-type Eeveelution. Would we expect to see a Dark-type Eeveelution if one didn't already exist? Of course, I'm fairly sure that Umbreon's type was largely chosen on the basis of Dark being new at the time.
    It seems that the short title doesn't actually hint at anything new, but that's beside the point. After all, the movie title doesn't hint at anything, but I'm certain that will change.
    Let's keep our expectations low. The idea of a pure Flying-type Eeveelution is silly and I don't see why Game Freak would only introduce one new Eeveelution if they wanted to stick to the existing types, but I have to say that a behavioral Light type seems too good to be true considering this is Game Freak we're dealing with.
    The current Eevee promotion was a false alarm, but next year's movie short has to be a different story.

This is interesting. The color is closest to the one associated with Flying, but the glittering stars hint at something else. This also implies that there will only be one new Eeveelution, which raises the likelihood of a new type.
    This is ridiculous. Do they enjoy misleading us? I really don't think we were overthinking things. Also note how they rotated the postcard.
    The last postcard had better not just show all the Eeveelutions together. Not only would that make the question mark misleading and redundant, but there is already a sticker that shows them together.
    Finally, an Eeveelution promotion that hints at things to come. This had better not be a trick.

Look at the sticker below the postcards on this page. Do you see the empty room with the light penetrating the window? Quite mysterious, isn't it? The other rooms (or the roof in Umbreon's case) are all themed around the Eeveelutions' types.
    ----------
    For those of you with the Japanese Black 2 & White 2 games, another new PWT Download has been announced. This special tournament is based upon the upcoming Unova League in the anime and features in-game representations of the characters Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil and has their teams and is done in a Single Battle. It will go live on . We'll provide full teams when it goes live December 3rd and is the first to have an end date, lasting until January 31st.
    ----------
    There is also a screenshot with an Oshawott battling Eevee. I feel uneasy about this. Granted, Virgil is going to use Eevee in the league even if it evolves, but why are they spoiling everyone's teams? I'd like to say that the anime will end up deviating from the in-game data, but I have doubts.
    I do hope that all this Eevee hype does, in fact, have a point. I'm getting a little worried by the fact that Charizard is also starting to get rather heavily promoted, whereas no toys with placeholder Pokémon have been announced yet. I'm all in favor of promoting old Pokémon regardless of new games, but the Eevee promotion is excessive unless it is related to Generation VI.
    I also rely on online translation. But most of the time the sentences are straightforward, and this is no exception. They just mention latest information on the anime and games, and I doubt it is anything special since the focus is on Eevee toys and how cute Eevee is. I'm fairly certain that the game-related information is just some mention of the Funfest Mission event that will start on November 10th.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom