Bikini Miltank
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I understand no set running order, but surely you know what you're going to do next?

And yeah, the banner I understand, but I can do it very fast for you and I only need two images, the Pokémon and the animal it's based off.
    Oh, right. Well thats what I got anyway.

Moving on, I have an idea to make it more interesting.

At the end of your article, put a question relating to the article (EG. Pikachu: What does the Pika eat) and answer it in your next one.

Also, at the beginning, I think maybe a picture of the Pokémon and the animal it's based on on a banner. If you wish, I could make these for you.

Minor changes, I know, but I hope for your response.
    Right.

Your column's current stucture, if I'm not mistaken, is:

Intro - The Pokémon and it's main basis
    Next - Elaborating on the thing it's based on.
    Then - Saying how that relates to the Pokémon, with pictures.
    Finally - You round it up.

Am I correct?
    I love your Column, but I have an idea that may improve it. Do you want to hear, coz it'll take a while to type the idea, so I need to know if you want to hear it first.
    I'm sure you've already gotten plenty of messages like this, but I love reading your "On the Origin of Species" column. (My favorite article is probably the Poochyena and Mightyena one; it's nice to see hyena's get some love.)It actually got me coming to Bulbapedia regularly over Serebii. Especially when I saw you were a fellow biology lover. (I'm going to be a freshman Bio major within a few weeks. :3) And since I'm also a total sucker for Japanese culture, the articles are like the ultimate nerd combination for me. XD They're definitely a fun read and I can't wait until more come out.
    Jynx similarities with the icy legend is believable.

Jynx similarities with a fat lady opera singer is believable (just look at the sprite position since Japan's Red and Green versions [he first games]).

Zwarte Piet? I think it was just an anime thing, they needed an ice-type for Christmas and you can't trust in anime things a lot (Brock's Happiny strenght!).

Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2's way of being defeated: strange, I'd love to have some insight on this, Jynx is a very interesting Pokémon for me... :p
    You haven't wasted my time, I liked to read your article...
    But it should be called "Considerations on fandom controversies: Jynx" instead of "On the Origin of Species: Jynx" because in the end you haven't showed us the origin of Jynx (that, you know that, definitely isn't ganguro or a black person stereotype - maybe a fat lady stereotype but never a black person stereotype, I just can't imagine it)....
    Carole Boston Weatherford just wanted to do the same as when neurotic pastors say Pokémon are devil: to blame someone of her life which she had suffered or witnessed racism in some point "look, two smashing hit animes on Japan I can criticize, that's awesummmm!"
    So maybe you shouldn't have wrote an article about Jynx at all... Bulbapedia's Jynx article Origin section has all the info you wrote (very minimized, but it's there - counting with the links to Wikipedia, etc). :/
    Hi, I'm Hiro, i love your "On the Origin of Species" column, it is truly amazing how you describe how those Pokemon came to be!! I've read all of your articles!! I can't wait four your next column!!! :)
    I don't understand your Jynx article, in the end it concludes nothing at all...
    I mean, you said the exactly origin of every Pokémon treated on your series, bu didn't say what's Jynx origin... What's Jynx origin!? :)
    Liked the Jynx article. I tend to stick with the opera explanation, especially when you see Jynx's pokedex neighbors- Magmar and Electrobuzz. In an opera setting, Jynx would be the leading lady, Magmar appears to be a sueve-looking suitor, and, if you look carefully, seems to have the ruffled, flower sleeves associated with traditional spanish drama. Electrobuzz could be protrayed as another suitor-a violent antagonist. This would make Jynx the center of a love triangle, a classic drama. Thoughts on my theory?
    Well you still managed to get up another article. You seem to manage at least one a week, which is pretty good. I know it doesn't take long to write something up if you already have the ideas floating around but it does take some hours to fine-tune your exact words.

I recently got a new job after some time of unemployment so I appreciate the work. I always found work to be the best place to just think and mentally prepare my writing.
    That's pretty much my opinion. On the one hand, I feel sad that I've educated myself; the me five years ago would have no problem with stuff like that. But on the other... well. Live and learn, right?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom