Recent content by Bittersweet

1. Bittersweet

SwSh Pokemon Home

Yes it should be a good thing, and it arguably is a good thing. I'm not saying the DLC is worse than having third versions– I much prefer DLC. What I mean is that because the pricetag is more visible, it's now easier to see if something is overpriced as opposed to only being able to buy it as...
  2. Bittersweet

SwSh Pokemon Home

I prefer it too, but my point wasn't that the "third versions" were better for consumers, it's that they were better at obscuring the fact you were paying way too much. The "third versions" were attached to a whole other 'complete' game, so where the value is in the pricetag was obscured. It's...
  3. Bittersweet

SwSh Pokemon Home

This is true... But, the reason I think the shift towards DLC bothers people way more than the third versions/enhanced remakes did, is because with the third versions, you knew what you were getting into. You understood it was an optional upgraded game with minimal changes, and could take it or...
  4. Bittersweet

SwSh Pokemon Home

I mean it's paywalled in 'Home'. So if you want to take advantage of Home's "free" trading, you will need to check IVs in SwSh, then move them to Home to trade from there, then when you receive a Pokemon in return you need to move it back into Sword/Shield to check its IVs. Meaning, unless you...
  5. Bittersweet

SwSh Pokemon Home

Yes, that's what I meant; in Home, the IV-checker is paywalled, so unless you pay for the premium service, you'll need to keep shifting Pokemon in and out of Home to check IVs as needed if you wanna actually take advantage of this "free" trading method.
  6. Bittersweet

SwSh Pokemon Home

Are you sure? What do you do if you use the Wonder Box and end up receiving a bunch of otherwise valuable Pokemon that are not compatible with SwSh? They're stuck, using up what precious little storage space you have. You run the risk of painting yourself into a corner if you wanna use any of...
  7. Bittersweet

SwSh Pokemon Home

The free version of Home only allows you to store 30 Pokemon... ... A ludicrously low number if you plan to use Home as a trading hub, let's be honest. It might not actually cost money to unlock trading, but it may as well.
  8. Bittersweet

SwSh Pokemon Home

This is exactly my concern, too. It's not that the price point is so steep that it makes Pokemon a rich-man's game, it's still affordable. But so many features that just came out-of-the-box since their introduction are now moving behind paywalls. Online battling: Free since Gen IV, now...
  9. Bittersweet

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

It's the smallest roster of playable Pokémon in any game since RSE.
  10. Bittersweet

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Wow. A total roster of only 400 Pokémon... That's... I mean.... Ouch. I have a drafts of teams and mixes of old teams from past games in Pokémon Bank. If the games only have 400 Pokémon in them now, the chances I'll ever be able to have them all together again seems pretty low. I mean, I was...
  11. Bittersweet

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

I was hoping that Sword and Shield would use the brighter colouring for the 3D models that debuted in the 'Let's Go' games... That doesn't appear to be the case based on game footage thus far, which I'm really disappointed by.
  12. Bittersweet

SwSh There are petitions about Gamefreak fixing the 'Galar Pokedex' thing

Right?! The ORAS overworld was a little frustrating because there was just invisible walls keeping you from going out of bounds marked only by a change in the colour of grass... I mean this animation of Sceptile is fanmade based only on Sugimori art...
  13. Bittersweet

This is possibly a little off topic, but does anyone else think that if GameFreak really is as bad at 3D modelling as it seems, if it's causing that much development issues they could maybe just go back to 2D animating every Pokemon? Hear me out: We know their work with 2D sprites was really...
  14. Bittersweet

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Normally I'd make apologetics for this, but given recent revelations... yikes.
  15. Bittersweet

While I appreciate the sentiment that we should focus more on the positives than the negatives, I think this is misrepresenting the situation. The new features seen in Sword and Shield like the Wild Area and Dynamaxing do look somewhat interesting– but hardcore fans don't play for the new...
Back
Top Bottom