Recent content by Blazing Charmander

1. Blazing Charmander

LT Weekly Poll #42 Did you ever find a Munchlax on a honey tree?

I managed to finally find one on Diamond about... 3 years ago, I think, on the route north-east of Solaceon Town before reaching Veilstone City. Up to then, I thought that I would be within the doomed majority to never, ever find one in the Gen 4 games! Munchlax was also assigned to me as a...
  2. Blazing Charmander

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

I started up my newest Kanto adventure with Let's Go Pikachu last night, and I would say that the game's strongest suit so far is its graphics. A HD Pokemon adventure is as much a novelty in 2018 as a 3D one was with X/Y in 2013. Equally so, I am impressed with the level of interaction with the...
  3. Blazing Charmander

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

The more that I watch the footage from E3's Treehouse and direct feeds, the more that I question Game Freak's decision to completely leave wild battles out of LGPE. With the graphical power of the Switch, I would love every opportunity to see the Pokemon world live and breathe (Pokemon in the...
  4. Blazing Charmander

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

No Johto?! No party... These games are the definition of a mixed bag for me. Kanto in 3D is nice, as is the connectivity with Go and general accessibility for first-time players. I also approve of mechanics such as the return of following Pokemon and even the option to ride eligible critters...
  5. Blazing Charmander

GSC Playthrough Thread (VC releases)

Playing through the VC versions of Gen 1 and 2 has truly made me realise how little time and mental capacity I have, as an adult with various commitments, for playing the Pokemon games nowadays. Where it used to take me 2 weeks maximum to reach the Elite 4 in most of the games, these are now...
  6. Blazing Charmander

GSC Playthrough Thread (VC releases)

I downloaded Silver after buying both it and Gold's physical boxed releases last Friday, and since then I have made slow progress. Today I have reached Goldenrod City with the following team - still waiting for the Egg to hatch: For this playthrough, I have decided to largely go with Pokemon...
  7. Blazing Charmander

GS (no C) Virtual Console Thread

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice these. Both occurrences seemed jarring to me. I purchased the boxed edition of Gold from GAME during my lunch break at work yesterday and had Silver delivered from the Nintendo UK Store. After marvelling at the nostalgia of the box art, I downloaded...
  8. Blazing Charmander

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

If any character were to catch Jigglypuff, I would hope for it to be Misty since she was the one who expressed a desire to catch it in its debut episode. That said, I think that it still fills the niche as a recurring gag Pokemon very well even after all these years. I'm really glad that it...
  9. Blazing Charmander

I think there might be time to touch upon a sizeable number of Ash's Pokemon while thrusting one or two into the spotlight. The Right Place and the Right Mime in AG did this admirably over one episode. From memory, Tauros, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, Snorlax and Phanpy all had meaningful interactions...
  10. Blazing Charmander

Maybe one of Ash's reserve Pokemon could evolve during the Kanto arc - kind of similar to Phanpy when it returned in AG or Cyndaquil in DP. Given that the arc occurs prior to the GSC Virtual Console launch, I wouldn't mind seeing Totodile finally evolve into Croconaw through a (TR?) dispute at...
  11. Blazing Charmander

Unpopular in-game Pokemon

Sneasel's Pokémon Moon Pokedex Entry states: I recall that in an episode of the anime, a Johto filler episode, townsfolk were disgruntled by a Yanma that kept shattering windows due to the speed of its fluttering wings. I'm not sure if this is a concern that people share in the gameverse, but...
  12. Blazing Charmander

Charizard's return to the anime. For or against?

I would be all for another Charizard return as long as it benefits the character's development. Its return for BW was a great nostalgia trip (apart from overhauling its old moveset - Dragonbreath, Overheat, Seismic Toss: BE GONE! Hullo there, generic Slash and slightly impressive Dragon Tail)...
  13. Blazing Charmander

Halloween promotion to run for Pokémon GO: Catch spooky Pokémon, earn bonus Candy from Oct. ...

Well, considering all of the Pokemon being given boosted encounter rates are already nauseatingly common in my area, I won't get too excited on that front. Double Candies for transferring/catching and less walking for Candy from Buddy Pokemon will be extremely useful, though. Really looking...
  14. Blazing Charmander

Ash Greninja Confirmed!

I'm really happy that we finally have closure on Ash-Greninja. I couldn't have imagined a different way for it to be included in the games, so I am satisfied with the method of obtaining it. It does seem rather strange that our player character will have the ability to form a bond and wield the...
  15. Blazing Charmander

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

Welp... this goes some way to fulfilling my pipe dream. Poison/Steel Nidoking & Nidoqueen let's GO! I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the trailer at my desk at work and saw that Exeggutor. Can't quite get my head around its Alolan design, but I fell in love with Ice type Vulpix/Ninetales...
Back
Top Bottom