• Snowy sets out into the Wild Area and encounters a giant Pokemon lurking in a den. Watch here as Snowy goes head to head with the massive Pokemon.
  • With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

Recent content by Blockhead Pippi

1. Blockhead Pippi

Recent Gaming Purchases

Bought the first Dragon Quest on the Switch eshop. Now I've got the complete Erdrick trilogy.
  2. Blockhead Pippi

What video games are you playing now?

Dragon Quest XIS (Switch) - As of now, I have finally beaten this game. Or at least the main portion. There's actually a hefty amount of post-end game content, to the point where the game hasn't really "ended" at all. But I've succeeded in clearing what is the game's second act.
  3. Blockhead Pippi

What video games were you thinking of buying?

I very briefly considered Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX after playing the demo today, but quickly put that off since I already have the original (Blue Rescue Team), and the $80 CDN price doesn't justify it. However, if the game ever does go on sale at some point, then I may consider it then...
  4. Blockhead Pippi

Recent Gaming Purchases

Bought Warlock's Tower on Switch. It was on sale for cheap and was sitting in my wishlist for awhile now. Also got the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX demo, which I've since completed.
  5. Blockhead Pippi

Been playing a mix of Dragon Quest XIS and Stardew Valley lately, mostly Stardew now that the newest update came to Switch a little while ago. I consider playing the latter to be my Christmas tradition. But I should get back to DQ soon.
  6. Blockhead Pippi

Dragon Quest XIS (Switch) - I am currently now at the start of the game's second act, and just finished the Switch-exclusive prologue content. I'm really loving this game. The Manga Works (Switch) - I decided to try this little indie game by Kairosoft the other week and playing it now and then...
  7. Blockhead Pippi

Recent Gaming Purchases

Dragon Quest IV for the DS and The Manga Works for Switch. The latter is a cute strategy game.
  8. Blockhead Pippi

Things that frustrate you in games?

I thankfully haven't encountered very many instances of this, but I'm a little frustrated with the existence of games that were purposely designed in mind to be played with multiplayer as the core focus. Where even though the games still offer single-player, the levels and other aspects are...
  9. Blockhead Pippi

Apparently there's a really bad crash bug

Barely. They just publicly said to send faulty Joy-Cons in for repair. Their usual response, and only because they've been threatened with a lawsuit. They have made no indication (or effort) of actually developing a long-term fix. That we know of anyway. It is hugely disappointing. Nintendo...
  10. Blockhead Pippi

Apparently there's a really bad crash bug

Did Nintendo ever comment on this back when this happened with Smash? I'm surprised I didn't hear more about it then. I'm really hoping Nintendo says something sooner rather than later. (Although seeing as they never commented on the Joy-Con drift until the lawsuit slapped them in the face, I'm...
  11. Blockhead Pippi

The Game Is Out, Time To Discuss

Well, maybe the Slowpoke tails are substantially harvested. And not like Team Rocket who just keep greedily cutting tails without a care... Oh heck. There's probably factory farming of Slowpoke tails somewhere.
  12. Blockhead Pippi

I guess I'll just watch a Let's Play to see how bad it really is. Thank you.
  13. Blockhead Pippi

Even the scripted stuff in Sun/Moon got horribly intrusive. (Looking at you, ending sequence...)
  14. Blockhead Pippi

If there's no cutscenes every couple of seconds (it seemed like), then I think that's more tolerable. And I don't just mean the Pokemon catching aspect. Sun/Moon was terrible because the entire first island was one giant tutorial you were forced to participate in. Aside from the school house...
  15. Blockhead Pippi

I was skimming through a Reddit thread about the quality of the games. Most of it was bashing out of spite, so there's a part of me that doesn't want to put too much stock into what was said. But then I came across one of the alleged issues... Supposedly the cutscenes and hand-holding in this...