Recent content by Blue_Drifblim

1. B

When was the dub at its best?

This is an interesting question. Rather than unnecessarily tear down one dubbing company in favor of the other, I'm just going to answer what the topic initially asked. Neither company is perfect, but both have good aspects... and not-so-good aspects. While scripts/voice acting are important and...
  2. B

Music Background music of the show

There's only one thing I don't get with current TPCi: what happened to all of that silence they used to keep during DP? During Battle Dimension and later on, they would keep [i]minutes]/i] of silence on a regular basis. I'm not talking about episodes where they left the whole soundtrack alone...
  3. B

Review S18 EP12: A Showcase Debut!

I thought that this episode was pretty darn great. It felt like it was a step up from the usual level, episode direction-wise. To comment on the music: Honestly, I've been enjoying a lot of TPCi's music in XY. There are quite a few pieces and themes that standout, and I love the different...
  4. B

Pokemon Changes Timeslot On Cartoon Network

Well, TPCi is already only like... ten episodes behind the Japanese version. I don't know how much closer they can or want to get. I'm sure there has to be at least some minimum amount of time needed in between the airings (XY01&02 being a special exception.) I think it's crazy how close the dub...
  5. B

Preview M17: The Cocoon of Destruction and Diancie

Jesus/Jesús would like to have a word with you.
  6. B

Why were some JPN song adapted for the dub and not others?

No problem! I'm glad I could help.
  7. B

Why were some JPN song adapted for the dub and not others?

That's an unreleased piece from the Lugia movie, unfortunately. Somebody tried making a rip of it here, if you want to listen. There is also another version that was used in the movie that's also unreleased. I wish they were on the soundtrack... They're two of my favorites! Edit: XD I hope...
  8. B

Review XY021: Debut! Serena and Fokko on Pokévision!!

Well, that's certainly unexpected. I was convinced Iwane was finished doing key animation under other Supervisors... Since XY01 and XY02, he hasn't done key animation for anybody, not even the two supervisors he has almost always done key animation for (Natsume Kunihiko and An'noura Tatsuya)...
  9. B

Review S17 EP02: Lumiose City Pursuit!

This was still fun to watch the second time around. Can't wait until we really start next week I agree with the dub music compliments. It sounds more natural and flows better than before. I love the Japanese soundtrack (even have a nice collection imported CDs) and think it should be kept, but...
  10. B

Regarding Animation Credit Translations

I totally support this. For consistency, when I post on the forums I use the animation terms Bulbapedia uses, but I, too, think the current names are confusing. Using these would work much better. Also, good explanation on what each credit means, TC. Should be stickied in the anime section...
  11. B

Review XY009: Subdue Miare Gym! Citron's Secret!!

Okay, all kinds of weird stuff in the animation credits this week: - It seems that Kunihiko Natsume was not the Animation Director this week. He was actually the Chief AD. This episode marks his first time, I believe. So in his place... -...Toshihito Hirooka was the AD! He's been the series'...
  12. B

XY009: Capture Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!

*Sees Tamagawa in preview* ...Random Tamagawa key animation... In a Natsume episode...? wat ...PLZ STAY MR. TAMAGWA. plz.
  13. B

Review XY001: We've Arrived in the Kalos Region! The Beginning of Dreams and Adventures!! ・ XY002: Mega Evolution and the Prism Tower!

So, after 15+ years, we finally get full animation credits for the opening and ending! (key animators, animation directors, etc.) That took long enough. :P Anyways, Iwane did key animation in both of the episodes and the OP/ED. His work: OP: Pikachu VS Pangoro and Honedge, and the short cuts...
  14. B

Pokemon X and Y anime Opening and Ending

The song is.... okay. The visuals are where it's at, though. Those backgrounds are pretty... Quite a step up from BW. Now I can't wait to see the opening with its proper frame-rate.
  15. B

Preview BWS2DA!E20 - My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Re: What. Huh. I see... Well, it's nice that they have Natsume doing the episode, as I figured. It ought to look pretty good. Also....Lol. Now Bulbapedia has Junki Takegami (wat) listed as animation director.
Back
Top Bottom