Recent content by Calcium

1. C

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Yes I know (sorry, I was a bit ambiguous with the use of "X and Y"). The games themselves of course are going to heavily emphasise DNA, but the legendaries (the phrase "X and Y" referring to their body shapes) don't seem to be made very obviously male or female by Game Freak in their designs...
  2. C

Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Ehhh, I don't think that's what X and Y are supposed to symbolise. I'm pretty sure they're supposed to represent axes of space since this is the first fully 3D pokemon game as well as being on the 3DS, so it would make sense that Xerneas would be a pokemon of the land (x generally being the...
  3. C

Pokémon X and Y announced: Iwata reveals plans for Gen VI in Nintendo Direct stream

Re: Pokémon X and Y announced: Iwata reveals plans for Gen VI in Nintendo Direct stre The 3D sleeping animations better be precious.
  4. C

Smogon (and others') banning of Pokemon; who are they to decide??

That's cool (as long as you're not being sarcastic), not many can admit to a fault on the Internet. So yes, I should've worded my original post better because it sounded as of I was implying aboutthe voting system, but just to clarify for anyone, I wasn't. This is the bit I'm getting at. Why...
  5. C

For the last time: I did not say that. In fact, you just contradicted yourself there. You said I didn't mention popularity, then you said I did mention voting, which kind of comes with popularity. And by "as the community chooses", I meant "as each individual person wants to use them for their...
  6. C

Although other people may be saying that, it's not the point I'm making (or at least trying to make). I mentioned nothing of the number of Smgon members voting, I'm saying that the group of people who test what pokemon/rules should be in their tournaments or not have been doing it for ages. That...
  7. C

What? How does that quote have anything to do with argumentum ad populum? You somehow read me saying "the somgon community make rules that their community can use in their own battles if they want" and understood it as "lots of people like the rules, therefore they are right". What happened...
  8. C

People are not getting offended, you stated your opinion and people responded with theirs. There is the same amount of defensiveness in your posts as most other people's. If there were no rules implemented, the game would just be filled with the exact same strategies and pokemon ever single...
  9. C

Better than Normal- A Normal Monotype RMT

As he said this is for PO, where "hacked" pokemon (which there can't really be because it's a simulator) are allowed so long as they remain within the tier's rules (in this case, unreleased DW abilities). This is a competitive team. It says right at the top that it's for PO's monotype tier, in...
  10. C

I hadn't had a lot of sleep...anyway my point remains the same.
  11. C

As for anyone angry at Smogon for making rules that a lot of people outside their site also use (which maybe just says something about how more enjoyable those rules make competitive play), a majority of people using rules you don't agree with would have been a problem maybe 10 years ago, when...
  12. C

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda To be honest, it won't be that hard to explain. They got Team Rocket back in GS, didn't they? And this time it's even easier since there are many old Team Plasma members still out there- N being one of them...
  13. C

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda That would be good to add to the effect of continuing on the story, but to be honest lots of people will have their Pokemon at lv100 or thereabouts, so even with the other trainers' levels being raised you'd...
  14. C

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda Hence the phrase "a stab in the dark" and almost everything else in my post. :rolleyes:
Back
Top Bottom