• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Recent content by canisaries

1. canisaries

DISCUSSION: Oneshot Competition Chat Thread (Summer 2019)

I passed 5k a bit ago myself. Over halfway there, at least I hope so. Required daily wordcount has dropped to 165, but I'm still gonna keep up my 200+ pace to have enough time, and it's been working out pretty well anyway. Regardless of length when finishing, I think I'm gonna cut some stuff...
  2. canisaries

I only have a possibility for one betareader. To get their help, I need to finish well in time so that I can still get feedback and also hope their plans don't change. So I might end up going without any as well. Introduced another character to the story and it seems to be picking up. Hope her...
  3. canisaries

I'm already getting signs of growing sick of mine... I hope that passes. A forced story won't be as good, if it's even finished.
  4. canisaries

a question for the other participants, hopefully general enough to be within the rules: do you tend to put your priority more on a unique and dramatic concept or a story that has minimal plot holes and pacing issues? i'm a bit worried my story may be too boring in the end, a price paid for...
  5. canisaries

I've been keeping a steady rhythm of 200+ words a day ever since I managed to form my idea into a sufficient enough outline, but today I did hit a block upon realizing my events didn't fit together as I'd planned earlier. I think I've come up with a solution to it now, though, and I sure hope it...
  6. canisaries

TEEN: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation

Chapters 55 and 56, here I go. anam body pillow anam body pillow What's her 'hing? tendencies huh... such as alloy's tendency to battle... hmm... Stray period. the shadow realm... Shouldn't it be "isn't dead?" Am I reading this right? Stray space. you should be mercy "Reported"...
  7. canisaries

DISCUSSION: The Strangest Thing You've Ever Done in Fanfiction

@Juliko yo DM me I wanna hear I use very few canon characters, so I probably don't have the exact type of stories you're looking for - though I have written very strange things. I suppose if you'd consider my Red to be an interpretation of an actual official incarnation, though (which he isn't...
  8. canisaries

Writers Workshop General Chat Thread

i haven't been much to platforms that actually allow it so no, but i feel like it would annoy me if i came across it and it didn't contribute to the story in any way. especially so if it's just a get-out-of-learning-to-write-dialogue-tags card
  9. canisaries

I think a large part of what makes it seem so complicated is the order in which the rules and phenomena are presented. Since it doesn't follow the hierarchy from top to bottom or bottom to top, it needs to be restructured in the reader's mind every time something new is revealed. Given a big...
  10. canisaries

heeeyy it's been a while, I've been reading but just haven't had a lot to say. Here's comments from the last three chapters combined though. Missing word? yes.... reject your doubts.... ahh so thats why she has a name and i guess she hears every time someone moans "oh mew" during lewd...
  11. canisaries

EVENT: Summer 2019 Themed Oneshot Competition Announcement

Now that I've got an idea and fleshed it out, I'll participate too.
  12. canisaries

My commissions are closed and they're not the banner type right now, but I am one of the League contributors so you're welcome to come to me through that route. Also, if you're ever in need of advice regarding self-made art, my inbox is open for it, free of charge.
  13. canisaries

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

I think you cut that story a bit too short because "can't judge distance" is very vague. How severe is the "can't"? Is it just general poor visuospatial comprehension where you're not really sure how far apart two things are in reality - for example, how long it'd take to walk from the first to...
  14. canisaries

while i agree that writing should be done on the author's terms and that popularity is not an objective good, i can't practise what i preach there since i really really want people to read my fics. however it's not for internet coolness points (yeah like i'd get those with a tpp fic) but because...
  15. canisaries

DISCUSSION: Let's talk "Subversion," shall we?

Snuggle is right in that whether something is subversive or not depends on who the person experiencing it is. Anything is subversive for someone who's only ever witnessed or heard of the trope being played straight - this is why children tend to have a harder time telling when a movie is...