• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Recent content by canisaries

1. canisaries

TEEN: Attack of The 50-Foot Brent (Oneshot)
    Threadmarks: Author's Notes & Story

Hello everyone! I'm back again with another PMD-esque story, this time a spinoff to the second multiparter PMD fic I've done, Dragony. Knowledge of Dragony is not necessary for reading this story, however, as this only shares the setting and stars some minor characters from it. This also doesn't...
  2. canisaries

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

for me it differs between fics, but inside fics i try to keep it consistent. for example i think seiren had 3000-4000 words per chapter and i did want to split one that went over 8000 but couldn't because of pacing. it was also the finale so i figured it was justifiable. i did consider anything...
  3. canisaries

i dont even need to be drunk to write indulgent
  4. canisaries

they work just fine for me. hint: this site is good for checking this stuff
  5. canisaries

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

"It swam in a straight line"? I don't think I understand the question. Are you wondering about its swimming style, as in whether it should paddle with its paws or swing its tail from side to side like a fish or crocodile would? In either case, I don't see how it couldn't move straight ahead like...
  6. canisaries

TEEN: Seiren
    Threadmarks: Epilogue

Okay, now we are finally done for really reals - here is the epilogue. Same ratings as always. Hope you enjoy. --- EPILOGUE --- It's been about a week since my freakout. I haven't spoken to Him since. Fonz I've only had brief conversations with, and few have mentioned Him. How is He doing...
  7. canisaries

TEEN: Seiren
    Threadmarks: Chapter 12

Here it is, finally, after two years: the finale of Seiren. Only took a soft reboot to get here. But it's not over yet! There's still an epilogue after this to tie up some loose ends. (And of course Red returns in other stories, such as the infamous Hunter, Haunted!) But for now, here is the...
  8. canisaries

i never pay attention to views with so many factors making them unreliable
  9. canisaries

force yourself to write some amount of words (like 50) in the first unfinished part you have before you write what you want to write. work before play.
  10. canisaries

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Cryo.
  11. canisaries

original universe ideas are very rare for me, still havent really gotten any that i could have written into an actual story, but some of my stories have started to wander away from pokemon enough for the premise to be converted original. i kind of want to for example, make a version of hunter...
  12. canisaries

Trope of the Month March: The Prophecy

If a prophecy is vague, it's much harder to say when or if it's come true, or if it ever will. If you say "Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on 26th of June 2020 at 15:08 Pacific Standard Time" then people will pretty much know you're full of crap when that...
  13. canisaries

well there are plenty of examples where villains get progressively more desperate or unstable, and writing a smart villain entails that they learn from their mistakes, which i think counts as development. there's also the possibility of developing towards redemption but something stops that...
  14. canisaries

TEEN: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation

Finally catching up, though with just quickie comments. I'm trying to get over my review paralysis so I'll likely try keeping this format. SE3 - Goodra Anam OBLITERATES Nihilism With KINDNESS and POSITIVITY james was he dad omg Being claimed by wraiths still isn't real death, but I guess it's...
  15. canisaries

Trope of the Month February: The Chosen One

I mean Mario has been shown to have a rather close relationship with Peach in general. One could argue this might be because he has saved her in the past (which asks the question of what the Mario timeline is, and does anyone really want to suffer the headache of trying to form one), but at...