Recent content by Captain GIROG

1. C

TEEN: Field Research (Reverto Silicis ut Vox) Chapter 47 breaking the chains!

Chapter 48 is in production. It's probably not going to be done tonight, but I've been working on it and chugging it out.
  2. C

Food in the Pokémon World

Taurus and Miltank, of course. And maybe some Torchic. EAT MOR BLAZKIN
  3. C

Defensive Tactics and Entry Hazards in fic

I'll answer the questions based on my own experience with this thingymajig. I had a scene dealing with a stall in Field Research. It was part of a gym battle, where the gym leader was forcing the main characters into scenarios where their Pokémon should be useless. The trainer, Caitie, had to...
  4. C

Catching Pokemon the good 'ole fashioned way

Yep, sounds good. It's like frog-giggin, 'cept the frogs breathe fire. And have poison scythes.
  5. C

Off Hiatus

Well, I guess this is the place to post this, so... Field Research (Reverto Silicis ut Vox) is officially off of hiatus. I'll be updating sometimes regularly from now on, and as always, readers and reviewers are welcome. That's about it.
  6. C

Chapter 47 And in the red corner, GIROG! The Doctor of Electric Science and honorary King of Space, grand pirate extraordinare! And in the blue corner, Field Research, chapter 47! It was a bit of a struggle to get this one done, to say the least. Hopefully, I'll have the willpower to...
  7. C

Official Mary Sue Thread

Mary Sues aren't limited to the traditional storytelling of writing, video and animation. In my dime as a DM for Dungeons and Dragons, I've had so many players play Mary Sues that it isn't even funny. Mary Sues are even worse when they're trying to force the plot into their control, but it's...
  8. C

Villian Motivation: Help Needed!

Quick question: Are you using OCs as the heros, or are you using canon characters?
  9. C

Possible Fic Idea? Suggestions Welcome

Grimdark rarely makes a strong basis for any story of story. More often than not, it comes off as a lame attempt to be mature, while at the same time, being quite the opposite. A dark setting should be something that happens without that being a goal. Including gore and death for no reason but...
  10. C

Coming soon Chapter 47 is written, it just needs to be proofread. Expect it sometime within the next few days.
  11. C

A fic survey

To be brutally honest, I've never read a character swap fanfiction that's interested me. Then again, I'm not a fan of using canon characters, so I guess the whole thing is lost on me. But I guess I can give some unbiased suggestions. In my opinion, you ought to go for humor. A serious...
  12. C

a question...

It's not bad to draw inspiration from anywhere. It's when you copy something event for event that things get bad. George Lucas copied every aspect of Star Wars from an older story or movie, and save for Jar Jar and ANGST, it's an amazing series. With Fan Fiction, you're already taking a...
  13. C

Re: Field Research (Reverto Silicis ut Vox) Chapter 46 having a good time! Well, this is awkward. For a few months, I stopped working on this. I'm planning to have a new chapter up soon™. It's a biggie.
  14. C

Battles in Fanfics

Battles are a major part of the Pokémon universe, so they should never be half-assed. The author always needs to pay careful attention to how they're written, and never do too little or too much. Here are some rules I stick to when writing battles: 1. Abandon the attack/defend/attack/defend...
  15. C

Question about original & canon character

In my opinion, if you're going to be taking a player character or drastically changing a character's personality, you might as well just make a brand-new character. In your case, you have a canon character who's trying to be an original character. I'm not sure how far along your...
Back
Top Bottom