Recent content by Catstorm

1. C

Archives Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Hiya Archives people, I want to make an important change but I would like permission to do this first: The Red and Blue art is mislabeled as Red and Green, and vice versa. My evidence for this mistake is here in this thread: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/red-blue-sugimori-art-172497...
  2. C

Red/Blue Sugimori Art

Sorry, I've already used all the art from TCG cards - I got them at a different website and they were high quality enough to use. Besides that, the Monsters Collection cards are much higher quality anyway and have a lighter background than the tcg cards so I can see the outlines a lot easier...
  3. C

Red/Blue Sugimori Art

Thanks for the reply. On a more general note: If there's any way to easily get some of the better quality images (Chansey, etc) onto the Archives, I would like to know. I am not good with the wiki and I have tried editing before but I am a royal screw-up when it comes to it, and having editing...
  4. C

Red/Blue Sugimori Art

An update: The Pokedex book that has all the red/blue art is called ポケットモンスター図鑑 (Pocket Monsters Encyclopedia) and was made for Red/Green and published by Famitsu. Here is a webpage of some pictures of the inside. (Notably, Arcanine is grouped with the bird trio as 'Legendary Pokemon'.)
  5. C

Red/Blue Sugimori Art

If I recall right, they were originally found on an online Pokedex, but most of the newly added versions that we have now seem to come from large scanned images, according to their metadata on the Archives. The RBY English strategy guides may have had them, if not the anime vector art. Some TCG...
  6. C

Red/Blue Sugimori Art

I might consider looking for trainer art, but they are probably harder to find. I'd wager that the best place to look would be in the japanese Blue guidebook, since usually guides have official art in the margins or as illustrations, but I haven't been able to find any scans other than the ones...
  7. C

Red/Blue Sugimori Art

Last updated 3/7/2015: We have hit the mother-lode. A ton of super high quality scans have surfaced through Ebay sellers. I've updated a lot of the images. Tentacruel, Vaporeon, Persian, Pidgeot, and Rhydon added with transparency. *** I noticed that there has not really been much of an active...
Back
Top Bottom