C
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• No problem! Don't forget, Toxic Spikes can be removed from your opponent's side if they switch a Poison-type Pokemon in. Steel-type, Flying-type, and Pokemon with Levitate are also unaffected. This is why having the Klefki T-Wave backup may be a good idea. Otherwise, good luck with your team! I don't build teams myself anymore. I just know a few things from reading :) ---I've been gone a few weeks due to personal issues. Sorry for the disappearance!
    I've always been a huge fan of Hex and status moves! It's such a powerful move once get the opponent inflicted with a status. It works well in conjunction with a Toxic Spikes user by the way! If someone else on your team sets up Toxic Spikes, you can boost Hex on the first turn Gengar switches in if the opponent suffers from automatic poison on their own switch in. And even if they have Magic Bounce for any reason, switching into Gengar can neutralize and remove the Toxic Spikes. You could also make use of Prankster Pokemon like Klefki to set up Thunder Wave or something for even more support. Hex users make great mid to late game sweepers, so I highly suggest removing all of Gengar's potential threats first before moving in with that setup. Good luck with the moveset :)
    EQ on a Chansey? Now that makes no sense. It has terrible Attack. xD Seismic Toss would do more damage, especially alongside that poison. But I've also seen a Blissey with Flamethrower, since it's Sp. Atk is somewhat tolerable. But this is Chansey, so not so much. Wish is still able to heal Chansey because you can use Protect after to guarantee it comes back to you. It also gives you the added advantage of switching into another Pokemon and passing on the health, since Wish is based on half the user's HP. Seeing that Chansey's HP is massive, it can actually heal a high portion of HP for most Pokemon that benefit from it. I've always been a huge Wish fan. It seems more advantageous than Softboiled to me. :)
    Do tell me more about the Chansey. Natural Cure? And will you go for Eviolite or Leftovers? For recovery, will you give it Softboiled, or will you give it Wish and Protect? Since it'll cause even more stall for the Toxic to seep in and all, along with the ability to pass on the Wish to someone else. But then in my case, if I go with Wish and Protect, it's always difficult for me to choose whether I'd want to give it Heal Bell to give the team full support or to give it Seismic Toss so it can quicken the damage dealt by Toxic. Taunt is especially scary if I go with the former. But as long as it has Natural Cure it's nice to know it won't suffer long-term status problems hehe
    No problem. I love talking strategy though I'm nothing particularly special, but I look forward to seeing what kind of teams you create and strategies you use. :)
    It's very much a community built on strategy, so many tools are available. Use this to look at Pokemon in detail, including popular movesets and items. You can go on PS! and use the teambuilder to tinker with the suggested movesets/items/IVs and even battle people to see how effective the teams you make are. http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/ I hope that helps! And yeah. Better get to Super Training hahaha. I used to Super Train so much before I sold the 3DS. Scary how addicting everything was becoming for me!
    I agree. It's just nicer to be able to get nitty gritty with strategies such as exact IVs, natures, and movesets that would otherwise take hours on end to put together in the game. I think it's a great way to simulate strategies and battles that you can then put into action in the real game. I don't have the kind of time to hatch 40+ eggs just to get the right combination of nature, IVs, and even gender in some cases, just to figure out it wouldn't work well with my team in the long run. I really like the random battle option too. There's a lot of fun in working with the cards you're dealt, because predicting moves and using switching to my advantage is a lot of fun for me too. It suits my risky battle style :)
    Ah no, I mean the Pokemon Showdown! website, which is the official battle simulator for the Smogon community. I play directly on play.pokemonshowdown.com, though I recently retired from the actual community because of (what I viewed as) senseless drama. I had my account disabled so I play under an alt now without going to the chat rooms.
    I sold my 3DS a few months ago to focus on work because I wouldn't get any done haha. I'm not currently playing any games. I sometimes battle on PS! but that's about it. Sorry! (I can't send PMs until I've made 10 posts).
    Indeed. :D
    Oh? It is a nice looking pokemon.
    I see. I do happen to like most of them myself. Then again, I like almost every pokemon. :p
    Ah, that's a nice team.
    By the way, which version do you have, OR or AS?
    Oh, it's fine, I don't mind a nice conversation. ^^
    Oh, I just got it actually. Quite late, I know, but my birthday was the best excuse to spend. xD
    I'm currently traveling from Petalburg to Rustboro. My active team is:
    1. Silcoon
    2.Treecko
    3.Poochyena
    4.Zigzagoon with the Pickup ability
    5. Another Zigzagoon I found via DexNav and decided to catch, w/ Gluttony.
    6. Lotad.
    I also caught a Tailow and Surskit, along with transferring the Glalie from the demo, and a Ralts and Absol from Y via Pokemon Bank.
    Who doesn't, on both counts?
    Sounds like something I would do. I live near water, so mosquitos are a pain.
    Smart idea, then. It is quite fun and addictive. xD
    Sounds good to me. (Yep, you did.)
    Indeed haha. There always will be lazy people looking to get something for nothing.
    Seems like that.
    True, it's insect season. At least no mosquitos (yet) haha. Over where I live, anyway, don't know about other parts.
    Oh? Almost at the end, huh? I see you're going to be going into breeding afterward?
    Breaks are good to have from time to time, indeed.
    You're welcome. :D
    Indeed it has. Seems it's starting to settle onto the warmer side, however, which is nice.
    So, how've you been doing lately?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom