• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
CrystaI
Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Redstar47
    Redstar47
    Let me guess that you did deal with that in the Pokemon anime fandoms ? And yeah i did sound like a another Ash fan boy do I ....?
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Your title in your profile says it all though? Also because that is like a common fanwork trend whenever Ash is involved, especially if Ash is the protagonist of the said fanwork. 90% of the fan-fic/fan-manga I saw were like that.

I don't deal with Anime fandom. The fanfic I'm working on is Game canon. Or rather more correctly speaking, original.
    Redstar47
    Redstar47
    Yeah and i should add that i am doing a few great non-pocket monsters ideas story like Superman and Batman after the main story done. And Neptunia rebirth series
    Hey how are you?
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    I'm quite inactive these days, I don't comment as much as I used to be. Especially nowadays I don't really have much interest of the overall Pokemon canon besides fanfic.
    KenzeyEevee
    KenzeyEevee
    Oh how so?
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Well... it is basically the direction change of the Pokemon franchise, where overall they are now heavily focus on the childish aspect of Pokemon. The mature aspects or if "mature" is not the best word to describe then the deeper sophistication and seriousness, also the "hardcoreness" is diminished. The current Pokemon series which is so happy-go-lucky and bright-and-shine (especially anime) is just not my cup of tea. Don't know the opinion yet for the coming Pokemon Switch series, because I didn't check its info.
    Silktree here. It's a bit of a shame that our alternate timeline theory seems to be wrong. SM following OS would have made more sense than a linear timeline, although Ash's SM personality is even inconsistent with OS. He's dumb outside of battles, whereas in OS he had wit despite lack of experience.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Maybe. It is just not something I want to bank on anymore. It doesn't even matter when SM Ash's personality is different than OS Ash's, and yet he is depicted as overpowered.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Yeah...... Nothing is making sense. Everything is so inconsistent despite the past reference connecting everything together.
    That's why I stop discussing and stop trying to look for any order in such chaos.
    I'll be honest, the only one I recognized right away on that list is Doraemon (M20 thread)
    Crystal, you were right! The manga promoting the movie has SM Ash recall meeting Ho-Oh with the Rainbow Wing, which never happened originally.

Some people would argue that the manga isn't canon to the anime, but I don't see any reason TPC would be okay with the manga implying something wrong.
    Reactions: CrystaI
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Unfortunately, the thread about SM is not continuation of previous saga was closed due to the so-called "mistranslation", which in fact I am 10000000% sure there is not a single mistranslation at there.
    The only thing that result in the thread closing is only because it is a super controversial topic, where moderators were trying to keep the flame down.
    But now, the Anime is truly become more controversial than previously. The "flame" aroused by my thread is nothing compare to the flame aroused by TPCi itself.
    Silktree
    Silktree
    Yeah. It sucks that you were treated with such disrespect.
    Of course! I miss the "friends" function...
    Are you going to watch next year's film?
    What's brought you to London?
    ii kanji
    ii kanji
    I am unemployed, there is no need to beat about the bush :p Nothing to be offended about the truth.

I think you probably need to spend a bit more time in London. I think when people first visit it, expectations and reality don't really marry up, but after you have spent some time you realise that the place is fundamentally more British than you realised even people people don't seem it on the face of things! Not to mention that (today and always) London doesn't have the quaint English culture associated with the countryside which so often pervades into media portrayals.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    So I need to go out of London to experience the real "Britishness"?
    The time I really step out of London area is merely... 3 times. To Cambridge, Reading, and St Albans. Well they are surely a lot different from London in terms of the community atmosphere.

For London, though, I already went to almost every corner and place of interests. From recommended tourist spots, to local town streets, and every ending stations in every tube line. I am still not very sure of the so-called "Britishness". Yeah I guess 2 years of living is not yet long enough.

BTW. It is a pleasure talking with you. I hope to chat with you again sometimes again.
    ii kanji
    ii kanji
    I wouldn't say real Britishness, just a Britishness which is more stereotypical :) London is just very... London.

Anyway yes, nice talking! Take care, have a pleasant and restful Christmas/New Years.
    Would you have any interest in joining my Pokémon VS Digimon RP? I see you've already written your own take on the Pokémon/Digimon crossover idea with your Xros World Adventurers story (which, unfortunately, I cannot have the pleasure of reading since my knowledge of Japanese is extremely limited). We just need one more player to get started.
    Glitchipedia
    Glitchipedia
    ....that happened once before in a previous version of the game and nearly threw everything out of whack. Would you mind telling me in private what it is you have in mind?
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    Just went to read again the rules of your Pokemon VS Digiimon RP rules. It didn't forbid the possibility for my character to hold a PORYGON, isn't it?
    In that case, I think it will be more interesting to RP as the genius programmer send by sonicstar229 to reprogram the digimons, disguised as a tamer trainer like the 3 characters chosen by Andromeda Jameson. Starter pokemon being a Porygon, didn't have a starter digimon at the beginning, but planned to have a Dodomon hatched from Digitama encountered in the 1st episode or some time later.
    I was thinking, my character is the kind that can be both bad and good, based on the situation, as he/she is act and move according to his/her mere passion and interest of research. His/Her background story being a former trainer, but quited very soon after the his/her first handheld passed away from injury in battles. He/She is now dedicated into research of digital lifeform because he/she believed digital lifeform is not "alive", hence he/she believe he/she will not feel sad by using such "lifeless data" in fierce battle.
    Will he/she redeemed at the end to become an ally, or confront the 3 chosen ones until the end? Who knows. Not even me until I know further about the RP progression.

How does this sound to you?
    If you dislike it, I shall just plan another character. I like characters that are important to story plot.
    Glitchipedia
    Glitchipedia
    I'll send you the plan via PM. The plot is barebones enough to allow the players some freedom, but it does have a basic direction and a specific endgame in mind.
    Say, who would you say is the worst of Ash's companions?
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    As for the female companions, Misty and Iris were the only really interesting ones, and even though Iris was annoying, at least she was better than most post-Misty companions. May was okay, though I feel she had more personality than Dawn who I found rather bland. Misty remains my favorite companion of Ash's and I am still pro Ash x Misty.

Don't get me started on Serena though, as far as I'm concerned she doesn't exist to me.
    CrystaI
    CrystaI
    IMO, Brock is also pointless, maybe even more pointless than Max and Bonnie.
    Robo-Floatzel
    Robo-Floatzel
    He wasn't in the first season, but as the series progressed, he became more and more pointless.
    Well, tis the life sadly >.< It's getting harder to manage my own time, much more now that I'm going to apply for a job.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom