CrystaI
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Actually, I can't even find Sonoda's account using Google or the Twitter search bar. I just stumbled upon the address on this page, which documents tweets regarding Shudo's death. I also saw his recent tweets being mentioned in 2ch's movie thread.

Edit: Nevermind. I can find Sonoda but not the other ones.
    As far as I can tell, the only person in the main staff that has an active Twitter account is Sonoda. Even the inactive accounts may belong to completely different people.

Masaaki Iwane, who is an animator, runs a BBS. But he wasn't involved with the movie production.
    To me, it's very impressive that you've gotten so far in the language with just an electronic dictionary as your only resource, and to be honest, it sounds very inspirational to me. If you can do it with just that, I probably can too with my resources if I keep up the diligence.
    Yuyama isn't on Twitter. That's the only reason why I wanted to contact Sonoda instead.
    Yeah, I'm trying to make it a daily habit to do translation drills from Japanese to English and vice-versa, along with self study. I do feel like I'm getting much better just by learning new words and kanji writings by doing so.

Can't say I'm confident enough to write fanfics in Japanese though. That's certainly impressive. :) I hope one day I'll get that far.
    I gladly accepted the friendship request. I haven't watched the anime in a very long time, but I still follow the developments because it's the only medium where new things happen every week. These days it's only fun to criticize the anime; I'm only interested in the games, although they have their own flaws.

Sonoda was most likely referring to Kunihiko Yuyama, who directs the movies. He also said that he thought it would be "better" to use a new Mewtwo for the movie. He didn't give an actual reason for that, either.
    Hi Crystal. Could you translate this tweet for me? I know that it references the existence of two Mewtwo.
    Thanks for the help! And thanks for the reminder, I forgot 先生 is the best suffix for writers in general and not just mangaka/book authors.

I felt the same when I saw his Twitter. Sonoda Hideki... I didn't expect him to appear so ordinary either.
    Hi Crystal. I'm planning on asking a question on the Pokemon movie screenwriter's Twitter, inquiring about how exactly does the new Mewtwo's story connect with the old one (more info here). Since you're more fluent in the Japanese language than I am (right now, I'm still studying the language), I thought you could help.

I started with this
    園田さん、今年の映画について話ましょう。あの~···

After that, what would be the best way to ask, "How does "Atarashii Myuutsuu"'s story connect with Takeshi Shudo's "Shodai Myuutsuu"'s story? What inspired Sonoda-san to expand the story in this way?" I don't have much experience asking these types of questions, and since this is pretty important, I want it to be as correct as possible.

Thanks in advance. :) I hope you'd be willing to help with further questions for the writer as well, so Mewtwo fans can get more information.
    I have a question to ask -
    Did the sales of Pokemon Anime Merchandise increase or reduce during ''Best Wishs'' ?
    Is there any way to find out ?
    Because when it come to TV Anime , The most important part is to sell Merchandise & DVD .
    I check the DVD sales and Pokemon wasn't there at all .
    So , I need to know if the Anime Merchandise sales Increase or Not .
    I think that Its Pokemon Company who gets the profit from selling plushie .
    And they probably paying the Anime Studio for Advertizement.
    But if there no increase in Merchandise sale then shouldn't it be useless to pay the Anime studio Because the Pokemon Company didn't hire them to feed them for free .
    So , I need to know the Current sales of Pokemon merchandise.
    I didn't said everyone to stop watching the show.
    I simple want to tell them to Boycott the upcoming Movie .
    Because The Anime make profit from selling Movie Ticket & DVD .
    However , If this end up as a Big Loss then it might be a heavy medicine for them .
    Its not a hard thing to Do .
    Only one person can go and watch the movie and post the Movie plot in Internet .
    Same way , Only one person can buy DVD and post that On Internet .
    Its not a Big sacrifice .
    Are you Japanese Or Korean ?
    Because , If you're Japanese then can you tell me a good way to send a message to All Japanese Pokemon Fan .
    Its about the Movie .
    If Japanese fan want Pokemon Anime to improve then they should avoid watching the Upcoming Movie Or Buying DVD .
    They must make sure this Movie to be a Big flop and use the Current condition of Anime series as an excuse .
    Think about it , It take quite a Money to make a Movie and The Producer of Pokemon Anime expect Profit .
    But Movie become Flop and The Producer got a huge loss .
    And It all because of the Current Writer's way of handling the Anime.
    That the People no longer interested in watching Movie after that Bullshit Unova League
    The Producer and all other people who suffer loss will be furious toward the Director & Writer.
    Specially Toward the idiot who come up with the Bullshit Unova League .
    I know , The Movie has a lot of good thing !
    But in order for Pokemon Anime to improve , we Anime fan must make a sacrifice .
    Because the Current Anime Writer wont change their way unless they suffer the consciousness for it.
    Is there any way for me to reach this message to All Japanese Pokemon Fan !
    Yeah, innovation of the game system is good, but going overboard will lead to saturation. Unfortunately that seems to be the case with many games today. I hear Aonuma's trying to make the next Zelda more like Elder Scrolls: Skyrim because he feels the franchise is dying from being too much of the ol' same old, but I feel that would cause it to lose many traits that I find endearing about the series.

Change should come in increments, not all at once. Hopefully Game Freak doesn't go too crazy with adding new features, and takes everything one step at a time. Heck, I'm still getting used to the idea of a main Pokemon installment having 3D visuals.
    Fairies are pretty hard to define, especially in Pokemon, where the creatures are constantly being described as magical and mysterious beings themselves. To be fair, the same can be said for Dragon types, the characteristics of dragons varying from culture to culture, but "faerie" certainly can be described for pretty much all Pokemon.

"Light" may have been a better type.
    Doesn't really matter !
    After all , The Game is actually evolving and try something New that satisfy people.
    Unlike The Anime writer Who's trying Something New mean making a Complete rookie superior then a developed protagonist Or making the shortest league where Ash get his ass kick by a idiot who didn't even used a 6th Pokemon .
    If only Japanese fans exploded on them When they come up with the **** Junior Cup.
    That reason the Donkey writer isn't even trying cause they doesn't suffering any consciousnesses
    I saw the XY trailer confirming it yesterday. When it got around to mentioning the new type ("Fairy"), I was surprised too, it seemed like one of the most unbelievable rumors came true.
    You make a good point about Symphonia. I actually thought it was well-one for what it was given to the producers. Though Disgaea's anime was bad, it was done by the same studio as Pokemon, so...

You're right, Satoshi does develop as a character in every journey he's been on, only to be reset on the onset of a new journey. Thing is, if the intention of the writers is to not develop him any further than that, and always reset him in order for his character to climb up to that point again, he might as well be a static character overall, because in the end his character development goes nowhere. The best thing would be as you suggest, for them to make a new protagonist rather than unrealistically de-aging and resetting the "same character" for years on end.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom