CrystaI
Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I thought it was great that you actually compared Pokemon with both a show that targets the same audience (Doraemon) and other anime adaptations of games. I agree that an anime like Pokemon, that has an established continuity, feels awfully weird for not feeling like it's moving forward with development.

Though, if not the Kanto League (where Red's journey in the games end), I thought an appropriate point to end Satoshi's journey was the Jouto League. As you said, each generation of games is unrelated to the last, except the Generation II games which are sequels to the Generation I games. I thought the anime was trying to make a parallel to the games in that sense (despite Gold/Hibiki being the new protagonist and Red becoming the final obstacle), and I honestly think Satoshi's development had grown enough there to just let him win the league and start with a new protagonist for Advanced Generation. Satoshi's battle with Shigeru felt like a Pokemon game's "final Champion battle" (Orange Archipelago too, maybe; I just think a battle with Shigeru was greatly needed as a conclusion), greatly mirroring the battle between Red and Green in the games. If it had ended there as the final round, like the final chapter of the Red and Green arc from Pokemon Special, I would have been satisfied.

I also think a problem lies within the fact that Pokemon, unlike other game-based anime, ended up being a smash hit. Even with anime like Disgaea or Tales of Symphonia, which end at the point the corresponding game ends, features drastic alterations from the source material more often than not (a reason I don't know why; it might be because of limited episode budget or simply choice of direction). If they became long-runners like Pokemon, maybe they would have had the same static character development.
    The possible Cure would be Ash beating the shit of out character who cause him this humiliation (Such as Trip & Kotetsu)
    Writer could create a League-like Tournament with full battle where Ash completely Trip & Kotetsu by using 3 of his unova Pokemon .
    Then bring a trainer from Karo region as the finalist .
    But Noooooooooooo, Writer has to waste time in Ash & Co dancing together with their cute fluffy Pokemon friend .
    I'm saying it from Kids point of view , they will puke at Anime saga like this and Even Doreamon is much better then this .
    They created huge world tournament just for Trip but they can waste 7 episode to make up for Ash pathetic performance in this series .
    After All , Trip is their ''Love-Child'' !
    I bet , They gave Trip a backstory with Alder and 1st round defect in 2 tournament so they can have people sympathy when they will be glorifying him.
    And They let Ash beat him in just a 1 on 1 battle in Unova League
    1 ON 1 BATTLE.
    1 on 1 Battle mean nothing when Trip already beaten him 3 time in a row .
    Kento & Sinnoh league has 3 on 3 battle in 1st round but writer made unova league 1st round 1 on 1 battling specially when Ash is facing his main rival.
    Its obvious that Trip was saved from suffering a full battle defect from Ash !
    That 1st round defect mean nothing when its 1 on 1 battle and Trip is newbie !
    It didn't damage any part of Trip's dignity.
    Even Worst , They punished Ash for defecting their precious ''Love-Child'' by giving him worst possible defect in Unova League !
    A defect that destroyed every single piece of Dignity Ash left .
    HOW CAN I HAVE HOPE WHEN BRANCH OF ASH-HATER IS IN CHARGE OF THE ANIME WHO FAVOR THEIR OWN-CREATE CUTE CHARACTER OVER ASH WHO WAS CREATED BY SHODO ?
    Those trash won't change unless they get attacked by some ferocious Ash-fan and start to fear their rage !
    I found another awesome way to use the ''Battle Club'' !
    Wouldn't it be awesome if ''Battle Club'' rank various trainer's as ''S Rank'' , ''A Rank'' , ''B Rank'' , ''C Rank'' depending on their skill & performance.
    Ash become a ''S Rank'' trainer but he find out there are ''8 other S Rank Trainer'' (his rival's )
    Each of those trainer process various battling skill So Ash decide find & meet all of them.
    Ash become popular for being a ''S Rank'' Trainer So there always be a couple of trainer in Battle Club who already know him.
    The ''S-rank'' trainer also has different ''Nick Name'' including Ash .
    There also a higher rank call ''SS Rank'' and ''SSS Rank''
    ''SS Rank'' for trainer who become a E4 Member While ''SSS Rank'' is for Champion's .
    The Ranking of Battle Club reset every year because most former ''S Rank trainer'' goes to another region to complete on those region's League .
    Ash will admired by various people because he was the youngest trainer to become a ''S rank'' Trainer in 1 or 2 days And he's the second person who obtain this rank this fast .(The 1st person is The superior rival)
    Other ''S-rank Trainer'' took 1 weak however they started their journey before Ash .
    However , Is because he's an ''S Rank'' Trainer , Ash will involve into problem's that other trainer doesn't get involve.
    We could get a Movie Where Ash & other ''S rank'' Trainer get invited to a Mysterious Island by a Mysterious Person . Later it turn out to be trap where the Antagonist want to use the ''S Rank'' trainer who fulfill his plan .
    Kind a like ''Toaru Kagaku No Railgun'' Huh !
    Ash will be another ''Misaka Mikoto'' who is one of the 7 Level-5 Esper in Academic city and like her he will face many danger and overcome it with the help of his friend !
    At this moment , It becoming more & more impossible to give Ash a Honorific epic ending !
    Look at him , Everytime I see him I feel like I'm looking at a total loser .
    I can't even able to watch the show because of this .
    Now Even if Writer gave Ash a ending , It won't be satisfying .
    No matter How much he get glorified in future Saga , Ash will still be the loser who can't even be beat a total rookie with his own skill while suffering 3 humiliating defect and get outclass by a scatter-brain who isn't even smart enough bring a 6th pokemon in full battle !
    Ash still had plenty dignity left in DP But the Trash Writer destroyed every single piece of Dignity he left in BW .
    WORST PART IS , THE WRITER STILL HAVEN'T STOP ! THEY STILL HAVEN'T REALIZE THAT ASH'S CHARACTER HAS GONE FAR BEYOND REBEMPTION AND THEY STILL RUINING HIS CHARACTER FURTHER !
    Isn't there anyone in Japan who can get some sense into their head ?
    In future ark , I hope there no fixed cast character !
    Ash remain the only Main character who sometime travel along and Sometime he is join by some character for sudden Ark & episode .
    I really hate how wherever Ash go , 2 of his sidekick follow him.
    Like he doesn't have any privacy.
    He remind of those school bully who walk with 2 bodyguard behind him.
    Its Irritating that Every other referring Character travel along while Ash need 2 babysitter to watch over him.
    Pokemon Movie 08 ''Lucario & the Mystery of the Mew'' was Nominated for International American Anime award because that movie was totally different then all other Pokemon Movie and it had thing that people would like to see over & over .
    How hard is this to understand ?
    多くのソースから学ぶ。; the self study site, kansai ben word lists, asking osaka-natives. that's how i know most of the words. so もうかりまっか is actually a commonly used word to my knowledge lol (just like the common response to that word is ぼちぼちでんなぁ)
    Excuse me , But the Pokemon from 15 year ago is completely different the Pokemon you watch now !
    So Everything have changed !
    Plus , Replacing Ash would be a Bad Idea now !
    Think from a Ash-fan view who waited 15 year just to see Ash to win a League & becoming a Pokemon Master !
    Think from their view , First Ash is treated miserably without no story-plot reason and then he kick out with new protagonist .
    Then making the Protagonist a genius , Giving him every single thing writer didn't gave to Ash , TREATING THE NEW PROTAGONIST LIKE THEIR ''LOVE-CHILD'' AND MAKING HIM WIN THE LEAGUE IN HIS FIRST TRY WHILE TROLLING ASH FOR 15 YEAR ONLY SO THEY CAN HUMILIATE HIM AND KICKED HIM OUT AS A FAILURE !
    I mean , What Writer message ?
    That People need to born with talent in order to fulfill his Goal Or he/she end up like Ash .
    Can you imagine the pain Ash-fan like us will feel !
    Ya , The new Protagonist might not be a genius and he might fail to win the League like Ash .
    But we are talking about 6th Generation Anime series! Ether Ash Or new Protagonist has to win the league or nobody will be interested in watching the 7th generation anime series !
    If the new Protagonist lose the League then he will proven another troll and there will not any point of watching the show anymore if protagonist's role is to screw around .
    Same goes with Ash losing the 6th generation League !
    At the end , SOMEBODY (MAIN CHARACTER) HAS TO WIN THE LEAGUE OR THE POKEMON ANIME IS FINISHED !
    If Only Japanese audience gave 0% TV rating to couple of Pokemon BW2 Da Adventure Episode .
    That Would fix Pokemon Anime Writer .
    Because They believe they are invincible who will always be in Top Ten Rating Chart without trying So if Japanese Audience has any pride then I beg them to give Current anime series 0% rating .
    My fantasy ''XY Ash'' is actually A Rebooted Ash !
    However Mine is the real Rebooting compare to Writer's rebooting !
    You see , Pokemon Anime writer simply made DP Ash more stupider & weaker and then told us that they rebooted Ash !
    I on the other hand , Made Ash even stronger & Smarter But I also give gave him back his arrogance , Carefree and Mischievous nature !
    Remember , I said that Ash ''Regain'' his arrogant & Mischievous nature !
    Furthermore , I want ''Pokemon XY Anime'' to took place after 2 year time skip where Ash train himself under a Master to Overcome his weakness and become the perfect Pokemon Protagonist we desire !
    After all Kento Ash did shown to be smarter .
    This episode can serve as a prof-
    ''Showdown At Dark city !
    EP042 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    There were also few episode where Ash shown to be smarter as this and he only get smart in few occasion !
    I'm just want him to be smart like this ''FULL TIME'' !
    Who said they will be friendly ?
    In my imagination , They biker at each other , engage in Friendly quarrel , Beat each other up and fight over silly thing .
    Specially the superior Rival ,
    He will be nether friendly or unfriendly .
    He actually mentor Ash but he does it in a rude & funny way that piss Ash off .
    Ash often argue with him and announce to him that he will beat him someday
    Like a Caring Big brother to tease his little sibling .
    Also The Ninja rival often join Ash in teasing the super serious female cast .
    You see , What I want is a good and funny ''Rival circle'' .
    I want Pokemon to be like ''Shugo Chara'' , ''Shaman king'' , ''One Piece'' Or ''Pokemon DPA'' Where the main character change everybody around him and all the character become attach to the main character!
    I want a ''Rival Circle'' who doesn't join Ash only when there is a Tournament .
    I like them to come together in a hot spring Or carnival Or any other event .
    I want a ''Rival Circle'' who will join Ash in saving the world from Evil Team!
    I'm sick of only Ash, his sidekick and some Adult fight against Evil , It become so Boring now !
    I want to see the rival getting involved too !
    You right , My ''XY Ash'' is powerful , Smart, Mature and knows how to give wise advise to other people !
    But he also regain his arrogant , egoistic, Mischievous and Sarcastic personality .
    He's no longer the Innocent Good Boy like now .
    He often like to joke about various thing and tease the female cast.
    However he's not ''Over-confident'' and knows when to fight and when to back away !
    Like Gold (Pokemon adventure) , Izayoi (Mondaiji-tachi).
    He also gain the ability to see the ''Truth'' behind various thing after his training with a Master which allow him to solve mystery , help people and fight evil team So he doesn't need a older-brother figure like Brock/Cilan to watch over him .
    I got some idea of new rival in the possible Xy anime series So I like to share it with you-

-Ninja Rival : A former apprentice of Koga ! He's interested in Ash since he was a challenger who has beaten Koga . He inform Ash about Koga's new position as a E4 .
    He's capable of using various Ninja art and mainly use Poison , dark , Bug and Ghost Pokemon !

-Wild Rival : He's mainly a character like Accelerator (Toaru majitsu no index ) & Kikoya (Beyblade metal fusion) ! He claim to be unbeatble until Ash defect him in a Tripple Battle Tournament . Since then Ash become the person he must beat .
    He's often remain calm , rude and Unfriendly but he shows an insane crazy side of himself while battling . He has a honorable side and he want to beat Ash fair & squire.
    There will be a separate episode about him still being frustrated about his defect and trying to learn a new combo. He will save a little girl who get attach to him . However he will try to avoid her until she get herself in trouble again . While saving her , He will realize his mistake and does his combo perfectly . Afterward , The little girl will start following him despite his protest.

-Masculine Rival : A boy with Big Masculine body . He's really shy & soft despite his big body .
    However , Most people get intimidate by his big body and avoid him . He's later become greatfull to Ash because he didn't got scare by his body and befriended him

-Antagonistic Rival : A Evil Kid who will do anything to Win !

-Superior rival : A Mysterious Older Boy Who usually watch's Ash & other Character ! His identity will be reveal at the second half of series . He is a powerful trainer who beat everyone with one less Pokemon .
    He wear Pokeball like a locket that hinted to have a unknown Pokemon . He claim that he looking for a trainer who can make him use his ''Sixth pokemon'' !
    -Cold Tsundere girl : A girl version of ''Paul'' Or A Pokemon Version of ''Rica Nonoka (Digimon Tamer )'' ! She come's from wealthy family and extremely Beautiful .
    However , Her beauty was reason why She was envied by other girl While Boys fawn over her So She never had a Real friend ! Her mother gave her a Pokemon to ease her loneliness but She start to take pleasure in crashing people in Battle .
    Ash become one of the few Boy who doesn't fawn over and later she accept Ash as a Friend ! Her rotten personality start to get better after meeting Ash and she start to show her kind side .
    Her mother is a Famous Model Who's complete opposite of her Daughter and She believe Ash to be her daughter's ''Boyfriend'' !

-Idol Rival : A famous Idol who also living a secret life as a Pokemon Trainer ! Ash accidentally find out her secret in her concert but he didn't reveal it due to her request .
    She like both Singing & Battling , But her mother doesn't want her to be involved in Pokemon Battle because it might harm her idol status Which is why she live a Double life . She become friend with Ash & share their Xtransceiver number !
    The large potion of the series is about the difficulty She face while living a Double life and often asking for Ash's help .(Ash use his flying Bird to get to her)
    She's the first girl to confess her feeling to Ash and kissing him (on cheek) !

-Absentminded Quite rival : A clam , quite and Absentminded girl . She also has a sharp tong and piss everybody off with her rude comment However She doesn't understand how rude she is to other people .
    She's attach to Ash because he can ''Stand'' her ! The Running gag of the series is She appearing out of nowhere .

-Mischievous Rival : Basically An Anime version of Green (Pokemon Adventure) . She flirty , Mischievous and sarcastic.
    She often flirt with Ash and like to trick people . She seem to have some connection with Evil Team.
    However , Its unclear if She's one of the good guy or Bad guy !
    The animation studio is the same for the movies, but they use different teams for the movie. I'm pretty sure the writers of the movies are the same ones that work on the main anime. At the very least, the first three movies shared the same head writer as the anime, but the point is moot anyway since the anime was still fairly entertaining back then.

Yeah, let's drop it right here, there's no use in complaining about something that probably won't ever be fixed. Talking about it any further will give me gray hairs. :p
    For me, I dropped the anime for the longest time until Episode N rolled around, because the concept and opening interested me. It started off alright, but of course it ended with disappointment because Plasma Gang and N were extremely mishandled. Now I'm sticking around for a while longer only because of Satoshi's Lizardon and Butterfree returning. It feels like I'm falling for a cheap trick by the anime producers though. On one hand, it's good for the writers to acknowledge continuity and older characters, but the anime studio seemed to have avoided it until now, where they have greatly displeased their viewers with subpar tournaments and fillers, and it feels like a cheap ploy to get good reception by bringing back things we liked. If they don't shape up anytime soon, I'll go back to just checking up on summaries for a quick "watch or don't watch" conclusion, without wasting my time with the anime.

I agree with you that many of the movies tend to be much better than the normal episodes. I always thought it was a waste that they could come up with great plots for the movies, but not for the anime.
    Looking very good, I'll be waiting for more, so in your own time ^^
    The art looks brilliant by the way, especially the header in your blog.
    And yes I realise, it hurts my own eyes too :p I totally forgot to revert it to white, so thanks for the reminder haha.
    I must say that I share that desire too. I always viewed the Pokemon Black 2/White 2 promotional anime as a sick tease in some ways. Within a 8 minute trailer, there was more excitement and action than the whole current arc of the main anime, and really showcases the wasted potential of the current anime. I too hope that one day, the anime can mix that quality with the charm it had in the olden days, so that my current viewership of the anime will no longer be just a guilty pleasure. At the very least, I hope that seeing characters such as Mei animated as she was in the promo, isn't an impossibility for the current series.

P.S. I'm also glad another person shares my feelings regarding the franchise. It's always good to know that you're not alone.
    That sums it up quite perfectly, actually. There's also some reasoning for older fans who have watched the anime in the past not being satisfied with the show as it is now, as the first episodes of the anime were intended for family entertainment by the original head writer (Takeshi Shudo), and not purely just for kodomo. So back then, the age appeal was more broad despite still being categorized as such, and some fans miss that quality. I know I do. I felt that the tone was a tad more appropriate for the franchise concept than it is now.

Thankfully many of the manga series dip into the shounen demographic, most appropriate for the franchise. However, as you said, the Pokemon franchise's image to the public as a kodomo series is pretty much impossible to change at this time, especially the anime, which seems to trying to inappropriately target itself to the Doraemon audience. The "younger"/newer fans and the general public seem to think that the anime's target audience for a series concept like Pokemon is correct, while in reality it's more fit for the target audience of the Digimon anime.

P.S. I enjoyed talking to you. May I add you as a friend?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom