• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
CynthiaLover
Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just got my first package of new items for the new bird, including a special carrier that we plan to use when transporting the baby bird home for the first time (and, obviously, any time we need to transport him/her to the vet). Considering it's a Sunday I'm surprised any packages were delivered. :confused: Still waiting for the other order but since I still have at least a week before the baby conures are ready I have a bit of time to work with. Still need the cage itself, though, but first I need to get the right dimensions and see if it'll fit on the same table we put Zeru's cage on. Might end up getting the cage when we get the bird itself since the breeder would know what size is correct/necessary for a green-cheeked conure. Just giving you all the latest update.
    EzloSpirit
    EzloSpirit
    I LIKE BIRBS! CONGRATS ON BIRB!
    Just a small update on my pet search in case anyone is wondering how that's going. I've settled for a green-cheeked conure, as they fit my lifestyle better and are good apartment birds. We've contacted a breeder who said they'll have some weened baby green-cheeked conures within the next week or so, sometime after my birthday. As such, we are making the necessary preparations for the new member of the family, like buying toys, perches, cuttlebones, etc. I'm still thinking of possible names, depending on what gender I get/are available (I'm leaning toward a male since they're said to be a bit calmer than females, and to avoid any possible egg-laying mishaps, but I don't know what my options are yet so we'll see when we get there). Here's hoping I get my new little bird buddy soon. I'll keep everyone posted on any updates.
    Happy Valentine's Day. And today's my parents' 48th anniversary (yes, they got married on Valentine's Day, though not for the reason you think). Got some nice things planned for their anniversary, lots of goodies and a nice dinner. Anyway, hope everyone has a nice day.
    So I got my pet bird's remains yesterday after his cremation. They did a good job. Very dignified and with a ton of respect. And I gave the vet and his staff a small gift for what they did for Zeru all these years. I still miss the kooky ball of fluff, as my apartment feels so quiet and empty without him, but at least his memory will live on.
    My poor pet cockatiel is sick and I have to take him to the vet. It took a bit of work but I've got an appointment for him for today, though I needed my folks' help as I can't drive to the vet myself with my dying car, as that's way too far for it. But I hope my little poof goof will be okay. Wish him luck.
    So, today, the new bird cage my mom and I ordered came for my pet cockatiel, Zeru. He's had his old cage since he was a baby (about 2 months old) and he's 15 now, so it was time to get him a new one. I just finished putting it together (taking small breaks to drink my smoothie in between) and put in all his toys, mineral blocks, perches, and whatnot into it. He's now exploring the inside of it and checking out everything. I think he likes it well enough. It's much wider than his old cage but it gives him more room to play and roam. I hope he gets used to it and likes it, since it was very difficult to find this cage (and for a good price, too). Here's hoping he likes it.
    Well, I've got good news and terrible news regarding my car. The good news is that it's been fixed. The radiator has been replaced, the heater is (finally) working properly, and the break light has been replaced. All at the oh-so-affordable price of $750. The terrible news is... the car is dying. The mechanic confirmed something that I've been dreading for years now. The car is dying, and no amount of Power Rings, Wumpa Fruit, or Gold Peaches can save it. It won't be worth trying to salvage it with more repairs because it's simply dying. It's time to start looking and investing in a new car. ...We've had that car for 22 years now as of this month. That's longer than most newer cars last nowadays. But it's effectively on borrowed time now and runs a risk of breaking down randomly. So, as a result, it's time to start looking for a new car since, in the long-run, it'll be cheaper to get a new ride than to keep repairing the rust bucket. It's had quite the run, to put it mildly, having survived a hell of a lot of punishment, and it's our longest-lasting car to date. But now it's time to do what I've been dreading for some time now.
    Well, I've got good news and bad news about my car. The good news is that my car can be fixed so the problem isn't game-breaking. The bad news is that it'll cost $600 or so, for parts and labor, to get the hole in the radiator fixed and I won't have it back until Monday at the earliest. So I'm pretty much trapped in my apartment for the next few days (and there's a snowstorm coming my way to further complicate things). Well... not much I can do about it but go through with it. Hello expensive car repair bill.
    I just get back from doing a ton of errands and helping my mom and when I parked my car at my apartment I noticed steam/smoke coming out of the hood. A lot of it. Great. Just great. Just what I needed to start the year off. This doesn't bode well. I hope it's just the radiator acting up again (the car is 22 years old now, after all) because I DO NOT need an expensive car repair bill right now. :bulbaFacepalm:
    Since I'm not going to be around tomorrow because I'll be spending most of the day with my folks I'll put this out now.

Happy Holidays! May your holiday be blessed with food, fun, and family. Cheers to all.
    Baked a new recipe for Christmas dinner today: a Christmas donut cake. Basically it's like a bunt cake but more dense like a donut. It's chillin' in the fridge right now before I move on to adding the icing and sprinkles. I hope it turns out okay, as this was a first for me, especially since I was unable to get my usual ingredients for my more traditional Christmas dessert: vanilla bean cheesecake. And tomorrow I have to make cheesecake pudding to go with it. Busy, busy, busy.
    Just tried out some special homemade eggnog from a local small business in town. Normally I'm so-so with eggnog, depending on the flavor, but I decided to give it a try. Especially since that place has good food. And it's that time of the year, after all. Plus I like to support local businesses. It's really good, even if it's just plain vanilla. And it comes in a really cute decorative old-fashioned jar that you'd put homemade jellies and such in. Might get another one for my parents, especially since mom would love the jar (she loves stuff like that). But wow, wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be really tasty. Might get a few more for Christmas dinner before they sell out.
    Writing is on hold until I sort out some RL issues. I wish I didn't have to do that, as writing is stress relief for me, but I've got some more pressing things to focus on right now. Though I will post the next chapter in Shooting Star Rider this Sunday, but that'll be it until after Christmas since I've got baking to do.
    Well, I found out today that someone stole money from my checking account, leaving me broke. Fortunately I was able to catch it early enough (as it happened this month) and went to the bank to try to fix the issue. My checking account has been frozen (not like there's anything left in it anyway) and my debit card disabled until I get back the money. Just what I needed, especially this time of the year. At least I took care of my Christmas shopping last month. But damn, this certainly puts a damper on my holiday spirit.
    I've been making steady progress on my other series, Shooting Star Rider, as of late, especially after having an unintentional hiatus in general. That brings me to ask: would anyone like me to start posting it in the Writer's Workshop section?
    mastermind lissi
    mastermind lissi
    Sure! If you feel like you want to start posting it, do it! Ill try and give it a read, but it is hard for me to “follow” a series cause my mind kinda forgets the plot after a bit but I will try!
    Got an update on my uncle's health from my aunt (his sister). He'll be fine, he's just constantly tired and having some bad joint stiffness issues, so he's having trouble doing things and getting around. And despite that he even has plans to go to Thailand in January to see his son. So, fortunately, he's not dying or anything, just dealing with more-frequent-than-normal body aches and fatigue from old age. That's a relief, as I was getting worried that he was terminally ill or something. That's a load off my mind.
    I just got news that my Uncle Donald is not doing so good. Mom and dad are going to visit him and my Aunt Sally tomorrow, which will be a two-day thing since they live a decent distance away from us (though they're in the same state). Now I'm really worried that this could be the end for him. I hope it's not the case but I'm bracing myself for any bad news. Here's hoping he gets better.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom