• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
Daren
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• This is very late but is your user title a reference to Starkid’s Twisted?
    Daren
    Daren
    No, I'm not familiar with that. It's actually referring to a line from Disney's animated Aladdin film.
    TRNatalie
    TRNatalie
    Ah okay. Thank you for answering. It just reminded me a lot of one of the musical numbers in that show. Have a great day!
    Reactions: Daren
    I just learned (a few days late...) that SaGa Frontier is getting a remaster! The original game had quite a bit of content cut for release that is now going to be included! It's actually sweet because there was an interview with the director back in 2017 where he said he'd like to re-release the game with the cut features but was not sure if god would keep (him) alive until the day it can be realized," and now it's coming!
    I've loved the other SaGa games I've played so this is very exciting for me.
    I was replaying Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past and suddenly wondered; is it possible to re-fight Ganon? The answer is yes.
    If you drop down the holes after killing him he respawns when you re-enter the Pyramid.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Wait, there's post game stuff in Minish Cap? It must be so small and insignificant if I don't remember.
    Poke Dragon
    Poke Dragon
    You are right about it being small and insignificant, it's only a Small Shield that you give to a giant Goron to convert it into a Mirror Shield.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Yeah. That's so small it might as well not be post-game content.
    You know, if Pokémon had ended at gen 2 like a lot of people thought, it would probably be getting it's nostalgia sequel/reboot right about now, based off the number of other 90s properties doing so.
    In the past I've been annoyed at Pokémon always removing good features going forward, but at the moment I'm looking at the bright side:
    Gen 9 won't have me doing 10,000 max raid battles for it's post-game content.
    Becoming a vampire sounds cool--eternal unlife, turning into a bat--but it really isn't. Here's what you need to keep in mind:
    *It turns out being repulsed by religious iconography isn't a mild inconvenience the hero uses in the final moment but deeply inconvenient at all times.
    *You may or may not be killed by the sunlight. If possible please ask the vampire who bit you if your the type that dies by sun, is weakened by sun, sparkles in sunlight, or whatever. If your vampire dad or mom is deadbeat you're in trouble and--I know, this is shocking--records show that 47% of new vampire parents don't stick around for when their child raises from the grave thirsty for blood.
    *At a certain point every one of your tax returns is audited.
    *Turns out a bunch of other supernatural entities exist and you're pretty low on the pecking order. You can lord it over zombies, ghouls, and goblins, sure. But ghosts don't really care, and demons, sorcerers, and the Unseelie think you're a joke. Werewolves are sort of an even match but they instinctively hate you. Stock up on silverware.
    *You do not get a complementary cape. You must find a cape and purchase it yourself, with your own money.
    *Your Transylvanian castle is actually annoying to have. It's dusty, in a terrible state of disrepair, the architecture changes every year or so, and frankly? The flea men are making fun of you behind your back. But if you don't spend at least 180 days a year with it as your primary residence it stops being tax deductible.
    *Being unable to enter a private dwelling without invitation is a pretty big problem if you're not suave and charismatic. Dracula had a much easier time feasting on beautiful youth than Count Orlock is what I'm saying.

So have a happy Halloween and remember; if a stranger asks if you'd like them to bite you and turn you into a vampire, be mindful and say no!
    I'm sure some people here remember when the Simpsons did the "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" two parter. It was a big event at the time and they held a contest to guess who did it. Apparently no one eligible for the prize got it right so they chose a random entrant who had guessed Smithers to win.

Apparently the Mirage Hotel in Vegas put odds on various suspects:
    Seen a few things suggesting the odds were faked as part of the contest, though?

No money was involved but my family put guesses down when we watched the episode. I put mine on Snake but I don't recall who anyone else thought.
    Krusty is bizarrely high considering he had a great alibi in part 1 that he'd been out of town for most of it and had no motive.
    Also Hans Moleman for some reason.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    Is that the reason they made that (supposed?) alternate ending?
    Daren
    Daren
    If you mean the one where it was Smithers I believe I read that it was done to throw off any internal leaks.

From what I've read a similar trick was done with Empire Strikes Back; the famous Vader scene was initially filmed with him telling Luke that Obi-wan killed his father, and then the minimum required people dubbed over the proper dialogue (or something like that).
    Halloween thought of the day: what happens if a vampire tries to turn a werewolf?
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Underworld has something sort of similar to this, with various hybrids of a Lycan/Vampire. It's been a while but iirc one of the Vampire dominant of the hybrid is more bat-like than wolf-like, and I think he mainly had the musculature of a Lycan.

The Vampire Diaries also has Lycan/Vampire hybrids, but it also has hybrids of other supernatural species. In this series' case, a Vampire/Lycan hybrid don't usually transform into their werewolf form due to the major physical and emotional pain of transforming, they only do so when it's absolutely necessary.

Otherwise most other universes I know of a vampire can't become a werewolf since vampires are undead, whereas lycanthropy is more of a disease and people cursed with it are still alive unless cured in some cases. And some universes, regardless if a species is undead or not, the diseases/curses cancel each other out anyway, preventing them from becoming half of that other species.

I guess there could also be another way, though this in reverse to your question, where a werewolf can maybe become a vampire if it's possessed; though I would assume that the possession would remove all imperfections of the blood, and removing the lycanthropy as well.
    ToxicWhiskers
    ToxicWhiskers
    There's an episode of the old Ghostbusters cartoon that asks this question, where they get called to a small town that's been taken over by vampires and then learn all the captured townsfolk are werewolves, resulting in an all out battle where they keep biting each other and turning into the opposing creature.
    My poor life decision for today was watching the trailer for BBC America's The Watch.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    As in, you got addicted to it, or as in you need brain bleach?
    Daren
    Daren
    It could very well turn out to be a fine show, but it sure didn't look like Discworld to me.
    When I was six or seven I rented Breath of Fire and got killed by the first boss. Today I started it on the Switch Subscription and finally got revenge.
    Who's laughing now, Frog? Who's laughing now?!
    One of those silly gen 1 things; a lot of Pokémon that appeared in the wild overly late (like Koffing) had really screwy level up sets, like Slowpoke learning Watergun at level 33. When G/S/C introduced breeding (and more reasonable capture times for a lot of gen 1 Pokémon, though sadly not so much for some of the new gen 2 ones) these got extensive learn set overhauls.
    Many that were previously available early got much more minimal changes, like Pidgey or Rattata.
    I'm replaying Heartgold and during my battle with rival in Azalea town my Pokémon hurt themselves while confused seven turns in a row. :bulbaFacepalm:
    Never thought I'd see a Zubat consecutively beat an Onix and a Mareep.
    Greninjaman
    Daren
    Daren
    Whitney status; defeated. It was a lengthy and annoying battle as it tends to be without specific 'mon (I didn't want to trade for Muscle and grind her up for one battle, and Heracross was too low level for any fighting moves and I sure wasn't going to get Rock Smash stuck on her moveset until Blackthorn city) but it's done. It was actually my Spearow that KO'd Miltank, surprisingly.
    Greninjaman
    Greninjaman
    Nice.
    It's always interesting when you see a positive review that turns you off something, or a negative review that makes you think you'd love it.
    Would be interesting if there was a new topic that works to identify Ash's (and maybe his friend's) Pokemon as various RPG classes. A little game for everyone.
    prog rocker
    prog rocker
    Just give me a description of all of them and I could do it with Final Fantasy Tactics A2 classes.
    Daren
    Daren
    Rowlet's infamous falling asleep during the Hau battle makes me think of the Gadabout from Dragon Quest actually.
    Falling asleep at random is even literally one of the things Gadabouts could do in DQ3.
    Fan of Jarrus
    Fan of Jarrus
    Leon's Charizard could be Fighter Class.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom