Recent content by Daren

1. Daren

Controversial opinions

It's been a very long time, and I think a lot of it was on twitter (which is a pretty terrible place for digging up old posts), but I do actually remember that happening (the trip was just the grand prize rather than everyone, of course). I made a few references/jokes about it around that time...
  2. Daren

Controversial opinions

Yeah, the Alola win generated lots of positive attention for the show--there was pretty much no way they'd undercut it like the Orange League or Battle Frontier.
  3. Daren

Why don't NPC Trainers in the games have any EVs on their Pokemon?

I think it's a bit of a tricky question. EVs are a messy system that the game explains badly and can be difficult to "get right" since they like to make it hard to fix them, so in that regard it makes sense enemies don't use it. If we had something like the Gen 1/2 or Legends system I'd think...
  4. Daren

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

I could see them just retconning Ash-Greninja into a Mega Form instead of coming up with a new one.
  5. Daren

Your controversial opinions

Depending on how you define something as "open world" you could argue they were pretty common for PC RPGs by the 90s, and there were a number on consoles around that time as well (though a lot of them were not localized). A lot of those didn't have a Z axis, though.
  6. Daren

Yeah, personally DP were actually the first time I found myself actively annoyed by the writing due to the sudden uptick in meme-culture style comedy. The story itself was nothing special, either, even by video game standards, and came out not long after Mystery Dungeon gave us a Pokémon game...
  7. Daren

MATURE: Nori Carino: Abyssal Despair

When it rains, it pours. Louis and Mariku, Emi, Qwilfish problems, and at this rate probably negative media attention. I think this was literally the first time Pachi has been anything other than The Best, though one can understand his reflexive defense, something a certain other cute...
  8. Daren

Everything is judged off when it came out and what preceded it. In film, the effects of Ray Harryhuasen aren't as realistic as what we can do today but he's still well regarded because they were stunning for the time. R/B/Y are very impressive for Gameboy RPGs, while Sw/Sh have less content and...
  9. Daren

Plus there's already been Pokémon that are very similar to each other, so a "new Pokémon only" rule either means the dex drops even farther from the old days or GF has to pump out tons of low quality space filler mon.
  10. Daren

Well, some people just don't work that way; I've personally never fallen in love with a Pokémon I'm only using because the one I actually wanted isn't available; necessity isn't going to make me suddenly like a design I found unappealing or the way it works in-game (there are some franchises...
  11. Daren

GameFreak isn't part of Nintendo. They've got games on Steam. Ed: That said I don't think GF is changing anytime soon because there's no incentive to.
  12. Daren

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

I'm not so sure Volo being reused would work too well; he's sufficiently tied to Cynthia in particular it would be odd to reuse him for other regions and PLA put some effort into making him a twist villain who comes across as helpful for most of the game, which a character can only really...
  13. Daren

Anime & Manga General Discussion

So I did a bit of research; Discotek's recent Digimon Adventure release runs 69.99 for 52 episodes and doing some research Funimation released the Dragon Box DBZ sets at a somewhat higher price range (69.98 for 42 episodes) At that range a full Pokémon release would be a very pricey collector's...
  14. Daren

MATURE: Nori Carino: Abyssal Despair

Got a bad feeling Pawniard might cause problems with Qwilfish but for the moment he seems to mostly be making sarcastic and possibly deeply unsettling comments, and he does seem sort of loyal towards Nori based off the previous story. Nice seeing some dialogue elaborating on the Pachi/Demon...
  15. Daren

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Kanto had so much 90s sass, I loved it.
Back
Top Bottom