Recent content by Del Rio

1. D

What would you say your signature pokemon is?

There's no specific Pokemon I can think of, but I do like to always have a Poison or Steel type on my team. They're polar opposites but largely useful both in the game and in competitive battles.
  2. D

Review BW027: The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!

re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread I really liked how Team Rocket used their Pokemon to keep the others separated from each other. It really shows a little more planning and competence from them, and its a lot smarter than provoking an actual...
  3. D

How much did 4K!ds have to do with the success of Pokemon?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the series premiere in early September on UPN a few weeks before the games came out in America? The distribution during that period might not have been as much of a factor for the series overall popularity due to how most UPN stations were syndication...
  4. D

What video games are you playing now?

Been playing the Mortal Kombat demo. Had tons of fun with it despite being limited to 2 stages, 2 game modes and 4 characters. It's whet my appetite for the real deal next month. I've also been working towards finishing 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.
  5. D

If Ash makes it to the finals this League, should Trip be there with him?

You keep saying this, and yet have no proof this will happen. Will Ash eventually defeat Trip in a battle? That seems obvious enough. Will it be in the finals? Let's see, when's the last time Ash defeated his head rival in the finals of a tournament? Never? That's what I thought. Judging by...
  6. D

BW027 - The Cute Face Needs Special Attention! Electrified by Emonga!! Airing 3/24

Re: BW027? Airing 3/24 Huh, well that's a bit disappointing. On the other hand, Bianca being a frequent traveling guest like Barry was is definitely a welcome development. If this episode is anything like her debut where she captures Mincino, I'm anxiously anticipating it already.
  7. D

Airing of two-part Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan episode to be moved: Battle against Arti

Re: Airing of two-part Rocket-dan VS Plasma-dan episode to be moved: Battle against A That's a huge shame, but I understand why they wouldn't want to broadcast such wanton destruction after what they've just been through. Would this mark the first time a first run japanese episode aired out of...
  8. D

BW026 - Fishing Conference of Hiun City

More Bianca sounds like good news to me. So now Cilan is into fishing or knows something about it? What can't that boy do?
  9. D

OverClocked ReMix's Pokémon fan remix album released: 'The Missingno Tracks' availabl

Re: OverClocked ReMix's Pokémon fan remix album released: 'The Missingno Tracks' avai Well, I loved Serious Monkey Business and that came out pretty recently. But in all fairness, its not every day you get to convince the original composers of the game to contribute to a tribute album. I'll...
  10. D

Localized Names

I'm actually glad Blair isn't the final name, but I was getting used to Whitlea. But props to TPCi for preserving the meaning of their japanese names, even though they do sound a bit more...well, not foreign, just obscure. V-Create to me, reminds me of recreate. I doubt that's the wordplay...
  11. D

Is there too much emphasis on Pikachu again?

He and Oshawott seriously need to take a backseat, especially since their battle records haven't been very impressive lately. I was kind of hoping they'd go somewhere with Pikachu's losing streak, but that seems to have been completely forgotten now.
  12. D

Stupidest thing you've ever done in game?

In my first run of Red version, I briefly let my brother play and he ended up discarding my Master Ball. He did some other stuff too, but that really struck me and I never bothered capturing Mewtwo after that since I believed he couldn't be caught with normal balls. In my first run of Gold...
  13. D

First Best Wishes episode that 'caught' you?

The ones with Bianca and Cabernet. Both were just really fun characters that brought out another side of Ash and Cilan, and they're infinitely more interesting than Trip. They also use some of my favorite 5th Gen Pokemon so far.
  14. D

Review S14 EP04: The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice!

I had no objections with your other problems until you brought this up. You see, those are what you call "manly tears". Manly men like Don George can have them because they are the epitome of masculinity and when they cry, its because a true tragedy has taken place. Besides, I wouldn't look...
  15. D

J's thread of ultimate evil

Yup, there was something seriously disturbing about how nobody seemed to care that an entire ship full of Pokemon and humans exploded in the middle of a lake. Granted, it was a ship full of criminals, but the morbid indifference is still really bothersome. Also, now that I think about it, Team...
Back
Top Bottom