D
Local time
11:44 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• There are scholarships that cover these things, buy you know how scholarship requirements are: steep. I know, I'm being a pessimist about all this. I'm not usually like that :<
    I am aiming to get one scholarship this semester that'll help pay for all my other student funds, though. To get it, I need to maintain an overall B average, so it's actually doable.
    So, I'll stop with the boring stuff now!

Ha, I could imagine team rocket trying to steal from a zoo. They would end up screwing it up completely and getting arrested. Then as soon as they get handcuffed, they fly like 900 feet up in the air and proudly proclaim that they're blasting off again, even though there was no clear stimulus for sending them so high above sea level.
    Spaceballs and the early pokemon anime could go together, actually! Think about it: MEOWTH AS DARK HELMET.
    A student exchange deal would be a nice opportunity, but also an expensive one. See, if I do end up going back, I would have to book the flight about 5 or 6 months prior to the actual departure day, and have the departure day at the LATEST sometime in late may. You'd be surprised how much money this saves when comparing it to someone leaving in june or july.
    That's what I did last time, and my ticket was $600 cheaper then another relative of mine, who came later on in early june.
    The student exchange program at our school has it going for $3200 big uns, plus tuition. My ticket this past may was around $700, which was affordable for me. So maybe, maybe not. But not this year.

If team rocket were translated into real life, I think they might be something like the villains on spaceballs. If it were Giovanni et al though, they might be like the government in the Bourne Supremacy.
    Ya know, now that I think about it I may EVENTUALLY end up doing a student exchange kind of thing, but not this year or the next. This year I'd just be going there to visit relatives (and the country) again.

I wonder if team rocket would be more threatening if they let meowth evolve?
    *imagines persian with meowth's accent*
    Never mind, scratch that.
    But yeah, at any rate, I think that team rocket (the complete organization) is a lot like a regional mafia, except less threatening and made appropriate for a younger audience. Sort of.

Thanks for the compliment....while we're at it, out of curiosity, what does your avatar say above the staryu there? I think it says "beached" but I can't read it, but I have to wear glasses occasionally, so what do I know.
    The funny thing is, his hopeless attempts at trying to make me uncomfortable just made me laugh harder. But yeah, do you plan on going to a foreign country eventually? I may go back to germany for a month or two this coming summer.

About team rocket, it's kind of weird how jesse and james provide such a good foil to the rest of the actual organization. From what I remember in the first movie, the organization is actually a well organized crime syndicate (headed by a guy who sounds like an italian mafia leader) with extremely intelligent scientists who managed to clone a pokemon.
    It makes me wonder what the actual pay for being a rocket grunt is.
    I'm definitely planning on becoming fluent, I just wish I knew how long it'll take. Being surrounded by a completely different culture is quite intimidating, and you might feel like crap for a week or two, but once you get settled in it's really neat. From the people I met, they all seemed very nice and willing to communicate with you and help you understand certain concepts better. There are other people though, who won't like you just because of where you're from. I had a french guy with huge eyebrows give me the death stare for about five minutes in a bakery. I personally found it hilarious, though...that's the only case I had in my month of staying in Germany, so odds are you won't have to deal with it over there.

Btw, do you notice how intimidating team rocket sounds in the very first few episodes? It's kinda funny how quickly they became the lovable comic relief. They actually sounded threatening, once upon a time.
    Yup, I've taken about 2 1/2 years of german by now (in the middle of a beginners class at college, took 2 years in high school). The main reason I got into it was so I could communicate with my relatives over in germany when I went there. I eventually did this past May, I was over there for a month, saw a lot. Met relatives I never knew I had. Learned more of the language. I understand much more then I speak though.

I had to look up what poffins were...are they kinda like aprikorns (sp) or berry powder?
    See how out of the loop I am? =P
    Cinnabar in general is a pretty creepy island... just think about it. All those ominous notes on mew/mewtwo, fishers with six magikarp, the missingno habitat....wait, so THAT'S why Cinnabar wasn't in gold or silver...

And yes, I made hundreds upon hundreds of good trades back then. I think my proudest moment would have to be trading the movie promo pikachu for a slowking and "pikablu" months before gold and silver even came out. They're still in a binder in my close =D

Your college has a pokemon club eh? That'd be interesting. I wanted to join the german and drama clubs at my college, but the meeting times don't fit with my schedule. Alas.
    Yeah, I had to go back and check, but the exact words in one of the journals in cinnabar is:
    "Diary: Feb.6 MEW gave birth. We named the newborn MEWTWO."
    FYI, if you want to get to it just go that first staircase directly ahead of you at the start of the mansion, then go to the next staircase directly to the right of you.

I played in the league religiously every saturday. It was awesome back then...I think I attempted trades with everyone, just to see if I could somehow net a really good deal. Noone was safe from me. We also played the games against each other, with those old link cables.
    I wasn't aware of any bias against older players, probably because the books a million that actually had the pokemon league back in the day stopped doing it eons ago. Even if it were to come back, I don't have any of the newer cards, I'm not all that interested in the cards anymore, and it just wouldn't be the same, ya know?
    But I still have all my old cards.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom