Recent content by Dex

1. D

Regional forms discussion/speculation

When I visited Madrid (and Salamanca and Cordoba, but Madrid is where I saw this most), I remember the one thing that amazed me was that there were parrots everywhere, hanging out like you'd expect pigeons in other cities. They were scavenging on the streets, sitting on the grass in the parks...
  2. D

Region Speculation Thread

Also Sprigatito is even more overtly Spanish. Sprig + Gatito (kitten or little kitty)
  3. D

Your Dialect Map

The original one is broken for me. But the second one: Our top three guesses for your English dialect:? 1. Singaporean 2. American (Standard) 3. Australian Interesting. I'm seeing a lot of Singaporean false-positives in this thread. I'm from Maine, United States Our top three guesses for your...
  4. D

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

I personally love that they finally are doing more with variants. I remember thinking that Shellos was cool because of the mechanics, and this is taking it to a whole new level. It makes the world seem so much more natural and authentic. As for why they're doing it, I'm willing to bet that it's...
  5. D

Sun and Moon Contest #6 - Alola Forms

1) Growlithe + Arcanine: Ice (St. Bernard rescue dog) + Ice/Steel (Husky sled dog) 2) Shedinja: Dark/Fairy 3) Scolipede: Bug/Dragon
  6. D

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Is it even a bone? I thought it became a fire dancer?
  7. D

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Exactly. I don't mind some designs not being to my taste. But the last Fire starter that I personally liked all the way through the line was Cyndaquil-Typhlosion. Now, that would be okay if all of them were different and I just happened to not like them. But it's disappointing when they keep...
  8. D

So a few things/questions 1) so I assume the 170-pokemon rumor came out after the one(s) that has now been more or less confirmed? Because despite being flat-out wrong in some areas, it has some striking parallels. The "Veyvee" idea sounds like someone trying to take the varying-type cats idea...
  9. D

Please no for Litten's evo. I hope this is the generation where the fire starter finally isn't a biped (and yes, Typhlosion is a biped in my book).
  10. D

New Types / Type Changes

Ice needs to either become normally effective against water and/or pick up a resistance or two. Especially the former. That, or they need to start making Ice types that aren't slow and defensive in their stats. Exactly. The simpler nerf for Dragon would have been to make Ice resist them, and...
  11. D

I doubt Litten becomes fire/ground. If that were the case, I would expect icon03 to be fire, and icon04 to be ground, rather than the other way around. So I think the ground typing is more likely to do with Rowlet. I see the following as the plausible cases: A: grass/ground evolution B...
  12. D

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Mega Sableye - The tankiest, trollziest pokemon in history, to complement Mega Mawile's title of the highest attack power in the game.
  13. D

Which version will you buy?

If the version exclusives are the same, probably Alpha Sapphire. All of my favorites of the version exclusives are in Ruby, but I've played with all of them plenty in the last two generations.
  14. D

Will this take place after XY? What of Mega Evolution?

Somehow I don't think they'll just retcon, especially not for megas. They specifically did not retcon mega evolution into the series in X/Y. They made an effort to explain that mega evolution is this new thing even in Kalos, that nobody quite understands yet. Further, they had an excuse for why...
  15. D

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team? I'll just make it up as I go, but it'll be sure to have some different ones than my normal, because Absol and Mawile are two of my all-time favorites, and thus I already have had my fun with them in X/Y. A lot of my favorites were Gen 3, though, so I'm...
Back
Top Bottom