Recent content by Drakon

1. Drakon

Where Have All The Rumors Gone?

It's really hard to classify the "[blank] is Ash's father" and the creepypastas as "rumors". They're more personal canons. On that note, it seems the most recent widespread pokémon rumor dates to Generation III where I recall being told that if the shuttle launch number reaches either 100 or...
  2. Drakon

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I'd like to start writing again but I've been stupidly busy lately. Just not sure what to start with.
  3. Drakon

What Pokemon ability would best fit you?

Pick Up: I have a habit of picking up all sorts of things from the ground or wherever. Own Tempo: It's pretty difficult to confuse me and I like doing things at my own pace.
  4. Drakon

Where Have All The Rumors Gone?

Two main things have contributed to the demise of these "schoolyard legends" and an arguable third one. 1. The Internet. Yes, the Internet did exist when these schoolyard legends spread around but it was in its infancy and there was very little reliable information on Pokémon available. 2...
  5. Drakon

Which Pokemon regions have you visited the real-life analogues of?

I've visited Hawaii (Alola), Unova (NYC), Orre (Arizona). I'd say the area most like the Pokémon counterpart is NYC and the New Jersey and New York area. And the area least like the Pokémon counterpart is Arizona. The deserts in AZ are more rocky scrublands instead of the sandy wastes of Orre.
  6. Drakon

DISCUSSION: The VVIQ: Test your "immersion" into imagery

I always seem to score in the upper two of the responses. I'm curious to see if people who score highly in the quiz are more likely to be writers.
  7. Drakon

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

In the real world, there are surnames and names that are shared with countries and ethnic groups. Take for instance, Berber. It's most well known as the name of an ethnic group from Northern Africa. But it's also the surname of a few people: Berber - Wikipedia. Now it could be argued that the...
  8. Drakon

DISCUSSION: The Ethics of Pokémon Battles

@Ereshkigal, your story sounds interesting and is reminiscent of Poké Wars. But I think the ethics of battling could be seen as dependent on setting. Like in Poké Wars where having a "friendly Pokémon battle" will get you the same look as if you proposed "having a friendly shootout", the...
  9. Drakon

What was the Worst addition to the Games?

I think the Dream World was a good idea but executed poorly. Seriously, a key part of the game (and until recently, the only way to get 'mons with hidden abilities) shouldn't be restricted to those with compatible Internet connections and of course, it's now permanently unavailable.
  10. Drakon

DISCUSSION: The Ethics of Pokémon Battles

Sentient means the ability to perceive and react to the world. Sapient means that the creature can not only understand the world around itself, but it can understand abstract concepts. Basically, it's on the level of a Human. I see most fighting, psychic and pretty much all Legendaries as...
  11. Drakon

Things in pokemon that dont make sense

The Dive HM. Just how are you protected from the need to breath as well as the water pressure? And Ultra Beasts, if they're pokemon from another dimension, what's that dimension's version of Ultra Beasts?
  12. Drakon

Berry Flavors?

Rawst berries I pictured as tasting like aspirin...absolute nearly unbearable bitterness. Aspear berries are probably like one of the breeds of Asian pears that I grow, very tart and juicy with a mild generic sweetness. Cheri berries likely taste like...well cherries but without the slight...
  13. Drakon

Pokémon being called it

I think 'mons like Magnetite and similar are probably okay with being referred to as "it". As for Legendaries, they probably don't give a shit and some like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina and the Ultra Beasts probably don't even have the concept of gender or the lack of. Still, I think it's best...
  14. Drakon

What would your profession be if you were in the Pokemon world?

I'd probably be a Pokémon researcher given that I'm finishing up my master's degree in biomedical sciences.
  15. Drakon

Preview Detective Pikachu

I'm torn between this. I've always wanted to see a live action pokemon movie but at the same time, I'm not entirely a fan of some of the realistic designs. The non-furred pokemon seem to have this kind of "waxy" look to them. Especially the Bulbasaur. Admittedly, hearing Ikue Ohtani's "Pika...
Back
Top Bottom