D
Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I will have to say I'm fully with you on the Misty thing. I'm sick of talking about her, I'm sick of seeing topics about her... unless it's just a passing reference for an example's sake, I don't like even seeing her name mentioned in any thread. But it doesn't help that Iris is gradually becoming more of an Expy of Misty in some ways. Not completely, but... there are enough common shared traits to the point that it bugs me. I also didn't really like Misty even when she was around, so that makes me A) apathetic about her no longer being active in the cast and B) anything that reminds me of her - such as Iris - gets a very negative reaction from me.

I'm glad you're getting a lot out of my posts as well as Hellion's, though. I feel like a lot of people don't fully read our posts, hence why the arguments and assumptions have been parroted a dozen times on the topic. And I'm totally fine with people who like Iris/are okay with her as long as they're mature about it and accepting of others who don't feel the same way. It turns out a lot of them just... really aren't like that at all, and I don't like how confrontational they can be.

With the new info coming in with the episodes, I suspect my hiatus from the thread will end sooner than I expected, but I am not looking forward to the kind of responses I'll get. That's why I really wish there were more accepting and neutral-ish users on that topic to cool things down. I really don't want to lose my patience and snap...
    Just wanted to give a belated thank-you for being one of the few reasonable people in the Iris debate thread! I haven't really gotten near the amount of shit thrown at me that Hellion's got, but it makes me happy that there's someone else here that understands the meaning of his posts.

... and hopefully mine? :D;
    Believe me, I don't either. That's just what I was telling Masurao. I'd really like this place to be just a cool chill place to express your opinions, but because of people like that, it's not possible. So what can I do? Shut up so they leave me alone? Well, then they pretty much win, and I really don't feel that people should be silenced from expressing their opinions.

It's getting really ridiculous and it's always the same 5-6 people.
    Hey, thanks for the defence, but just do what I should've start doing a long time ago and ignore gotpika. He's just not worth it.
    It's so annoying that it becomes irrelevant a few hours after I put it up xD
    That's unless I decide to drop the whole thing, admit defeat and rain my criticism down on the anime section. Which I might do later this weekend :D
    I agree with you, I mean, my only previous forum experience was TWOP and let's just say people over there are way less skittish about sarcasm and strong opinions, yet I've seen very few flaming and confrontation. But here, it's like eveytime someone disagrees with you, they automatically attacked me instead of the arguments I was bringing to the table.

I'll try to find a happy medium between the old bloodthirsty Gible and the Hippie flower child :D
    I'm real sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost mine in 2009. I felt closer to him than to my dad and it was a huge blow.

I wouldn't holding back on expressing my opinions, I'm still more or less sticking to what I've always believed, I just stop to be confrontational about it cause it's not leading anywhere. Nobody is gonna change the other's opinions, it's not a contest or a battle. There's no winners. So I just say my piece and try to phrase in a way the ruffles the least amount of feathers.

As for the disclaimers, I can see how they can be annoying but it's just that too many times, I've been accused by people who disagreed with me that I was trying to pass my opinions as facts, even though I pretty much always use I statements... I'll tone it down.
    I feel your pain... Cellphones are a bitch...

Thanks for the comments and if you want to be in the fic you definitely can... You'll be V Faction's wacky best friend.
    Only admins get that cool stuff... but hopefully I'll at least have my italics soon!

Those who are brave enough to be mods at Serebii certainly have my respect.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom