1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Envoy
Last Activity:
Oct 22, 2017 at 3:05 AM
Blog Posts:
See previous answer

Envoy

Formerly GTT, from Middle of nowhere

Envoy was last seen:
Viewing thread Why don't Gamefreak care about the fans anymore?, Oct 22, 2017 at 3:05 AM
    1. winstein
      winstein
      Currently progressing with my Normal-type reviews. Could you please provide a quote for the Pidgeot family and the Deerling family?
    2. Superelmo
      Superelmo
      I'd like to add you.
      I have already added you.
      My Fc is 1590-5797-6050 and my safari is Steel with Ferroseed, Skarmory, and Excadrill. Thanks!
    3. Barno
      Barno
      Hey I have a Normal Friend safari my pokemon are Teddiursa, Loudred and Chansey My friend code is 1349-5405-7196. Please Add me I have already added you
    4. Umbetron
      Umbetron
      Just Wanted to say Happy new Year !
    5. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      Hey, some of the Grass Types of Kalos have been Good
    6. Snoozle
      Snoozle
      Hello! I added your 3DS code, mine is 3437-3033-5679
    7. Darth Darkrai
    8. Trey
      Trey
      I've added you. Add me back :-)
      FC: 4055-3165-0428
      Name: TQ
      <3
    9. TFerro
      TFerro
      Hey man, I added you for Friend Safari. If you want to add me back the code is 1263-6067-9967. And the name's Jay. Have a good one!
    10. tala27
      tala27
      My code is 1289-8476-7025. I am Fire type and i am playing X.
    11. winstein
      winstein
      One disadvantage I could see with the immunity to powders is that the other notable group that uses them are Bug-types, most users who have an advantage offensively. Overcoat and Safety Goggles also exist that does similar things, although it could be argued that both took up an item/ability.

Do you know that Chesnaught has Spikes as an Egg Move? That would actually be helpful.

For Gogoat, I could see a Bulk Up set becoming quite good, since it has the stats to work well. As for Grass Pelt, since it is a defensive ability, maybe it would be more useful when it increases both defences instead.

For Florges not being a Grass-type, I predict that they don't want it to share type disadvantages with other Grass-types, so that's why that didn't happen.

Some other maybe important stuff:
      - Flower Veil (Florges' ability)
      - Forest's Curse (Trevenant's signature move)
      - Whimsicott the Fairy
    12. winstein
      winstein
      What do you think of this Gen's Grass-type improvements? Here's a rundown on some stuff:
      - Energy Ball increased to 90 BP
      - Petal Blizzard, a 90 BP Grass-type Earthquake (too bad it's learned by Special-based attackers)
      - Rototiller
      - Flower Shield
      - Grassy Terrain
      - Grass Pelt
      - The new Grass-type Pokemon
    13. Protopterus
      Protopterus
      Added your friend code. Mine is 5343-8441-4426.
    14. winstein
      winstein
      Well, Bulbapedia is my main source, actually. From there, I would take a look at certain stuff for things to write, such as Wikipedia (to look for some interesting stuff about the subject) and something I find on Google. There are times when I wanted to confirm what I know about the thing that Pokemon is based on using Google. Competitive stuff would be from Smogon, because they are experienced battlers, so they know what works in practice.

Also yeah, we got two Ghost/Grass lines this time, which is a surprise because normally there will only be one type for every dual-type Ghost-type. Finally we have a Pokemon who can use Ghost Curse and Leech Seed at the same time, and movepool-wise, they are quite good. Egg Moves are still a mystery (only known are Pumpkaboo getting Disable & Destiny Bond, and Phantump getting Bestow), so here's hoping for good things!

I am also pleasantly surprised that Gourgeist could use Fire moves, although the lack of Flash Fire is a missed opportunity. Sure, Pickup is great in-game, but if it has Flash Fire, Gourgeist would be an essential for a Mono-Grass team. I am sure it will have Fire Punch, which would be great. I do wish that Gourgeist have higher Special Attack because it has a promising Special movepool.

By the way, I updated my avatar to animated Pumpkaboo (because the source I took this pic from has a watermark on Gourgeist).
    15. Darth Darkrai
    16. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      Virizion I also LOVE SOOOOO MUCH
    17. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      Carnivine are Cool Right.
    18. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai
      Hello grass Type Warrior
    19. Darth Darkrai
      Darth Darkrai