• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Recent content by Esserise

1. Esserise

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Truth be told, I'm actually mostly fine with SwSh's prerelease. I'd have liked a couple more species to be revealed, personally, but I also liked how the handful that were shown off felt like a set of chosen "ambassadors" for the games, if you will. Really, if there's an area in which I think...
  2. Esserise

This is a somewhat rough and not-double-checked list, but (without taking leaks into account) here's what I think was left unrevealed by the time of X & Y's release: Chesnaught, Delphox, Greninja, Diggersby, Floette, Florges, Espurr, Aegislash, Binacle, Barbaracle, Dragalge, Clawitzer...
  3. Esserise

My memory is a bit hazy, but I remember thinking it struck a pretty good balance in terms of the amount of Pokémon and Mega Evolutions revealed versus withheld. I'll try to dig up the exact figures later, but there were quite a few left over to be discovered through release day gameplay even...
  4. Esserise

Spoilers Latest Wild Area Max Raids

Did they, though?
  5. Esserise

The Gyms and the League - DP Style or Pt Style?

Nah, they were all exactly the same. Also, if you ask me, I think it's pretty obvious that the reason they didn't use the Emerald teams in ORAS is because aside from Wallace/Juan, the Emerald teams all flat-out have an extra Pokémon (or two in Liza & Tate's case) in comparison to the RS teams...
  6. Esserise

For me, X & Y's prerelease was more-or-less the ideal.
  7. Esserise

What's the most embarrassing thing you used to believe about the Pokémon games?

I never thought about it before, but yeah, it does look a lot like aged copper.
  8. Esserise

What are your game headcanons?

I’m pretty sure that real constrictors are born knowing how to do that instinctively. What you could say though is that the Trainer needs to teach them how to do it non-lethally.
  9. Esserise

Your controversial opinions

Plus, the female variant didn't even exist until Gen 4, an entire decade into the series's life. (Indeed, for this very reason I feel like it was kind of a mistake to give Pikachu a gender difference.)
  10. Esserise

Your controversial opinions

I'm not sure I'd say it's "implied"; she has darker skin for the sake of ambiguity in relation to the player's own skin tone selection, and as for her clothes, she might just be dressing in the local style. If anything, I think her dialogue also points to Kantonian origin: > "Ahhh! Can't you...
  11. Esserise

What's the most embarrassing thing you used to believe about the Pokémon games?

That if you walked left or right on top of the Tin Tower, you would fall off and die: Edit: In retrospect, I feel like this is kind of a fascinating case study about the power of the mind. I was a child when I believed this, but it's not like I got the idea from some Internet post or...
  12. Esserise

Battle Frontier

I don't think the modern skyscraper look of the Tower would make a lot of sense there. I feel like it'd literally stick out like a sore thumb. Obviously the Maison's not an ideal solution either; if you ask me they should've just invented a new place that fit the aesthetic better. Call it the...
  13. Esserise

Battle Frontier

Platinum, for all its improvements on DP, is still slooooooooooooooow, and saddled with one-use TMs. It’s been fun, but I look forward to never touching it again once BDSP come out.
  14. Esserise

The Macro Cosmos chase sequence in SwSh lives rent-free in my brain

I came across this post today on the front page of r/pokemon, in which the OP attempts to provide a rationale for why Rose was so impatient to start the Darkest Day. I more-or-less agree with their assessment, although I interpret things a bit less sinisterly than they do (I personally wouldn't...
  15. Esserise

Battle Frontier

I think the Frontier not being there would have disappointed the people it did regardless of whatever a little sign had to say. People have thrown around all manner of possible excuses and justifications for the Frontier not being there, but it's never assuaged the anger. The sign saying "coming...