EternalPokéFanGirl
Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Based on you leaving a like on that song I posted, have you watched Breaking Bad by any chance?
    Reactions: EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    No, sorry, I don't have Netflix but I've heard that it's very good. I liked the song because is catchy and here in Latin America the part "ese compa ya está muerto, nomás no le han avisado" (but that homie's death, he just doesn't know it yet) is a very well-known meme and thanks to your comment I listened to the whole song and discovered that it came from Breaking Bad, it took me by surprise :LOL:.
    LazySpy
    LazySpy
    Ahhh, I see, well, anyways, you should absolutelly watch that show if you will ever manage to get a Netflix subscription, it's one of my favourites (and I'm only on season 3 out of 5) for all the good reasons. Writing wise it's like a 7 or 8 out of 10, easilly a 9 in terms of my enjoyment.
    Wow, that Exeggutor meme was interesting. I didn't even know about that.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Thank you, I found the meme while looking for an Alolan Exeggutor artwork for the "Post an image of the above Pokémon" game. I already knew that fact thanks to a YouTube video, and the first time I saw it I was quite surprised o_O.
    Hey, answering your question from the "What's the user above known for?" (I think it's better to do it here than there).

To get things straight, you mean why people say "Yungerah" and not "Yungeller", or why Japanese people say "Edowahdo" and not "Edward", right? To be honest I'm not sure myself, but I gotta guess that's it got something to do with the katakana vocabulary (which is used mostly for foreign words and follows how a word sounds).

Something I'm sure of is that they have a hard time pronouncing Ls, for eg. I'll give an example: one of my Sorrow characters is named Lucy Scorge. Her name in Japanese'd be ルーシー・スコージ (Ruh - shi Sukoh - ji). Their R sounds is not the same as the English Rs though, it's a far weaker sound (more likely the Portuguese and Spanish ones, like the "R" in "lampara"). It's interesting that because of this the term "Engrish" was created lol (when Japanese people speak\write English really badly).

Idk why but Jyo Rose keeps insisting that the kana version is supposed to be the right one, though I'm not sure whether he's joking or not lol Sometimes I think he is and others not.

Anyway something else I was say yesterday but for some reason didn't. There was a rumor that Disney was producing a new El Chavo series for Disney +, and people were discussing it. In my opinion it makes no sense. I mean, El Chavo is not very well-known in the US, so Disney'd produce it to appeal only for the latino market? Every time I asked for a character in those game threads, most people here didn't seem to know what I was talking about (other than you, of course). Besides, would they rename it "The kid"? lol
    • Gold Star
    Galactic_V
    Galactic_V
    Sorry for taking some time to respond you, and doing so so late (it's 2 AM now lol), but I've been working on my birthday art for the last few hours. Soon you'll know more or less how I look like (even though it's a retroactive art, so it's not me from 2021, but me from 2010 lol I'm drawing myself as a teenager in the picture). Right now I'm just thinking what you (and the others for that matter) believe I look like. Am I blond? Am I brunette? Am I pale? Tanned? Blue-eyed? Green-eyed? Long haired? Short haired? lol (tbh I do have somewhat of a curiosity of how you, and the other guys, look like)

Anyway, yeah, it's always good to ask someone who lives in Japan or who is fluently in Japanese (I base myself a lot on Dogasu. As far as I know he's been living in Japan for the last 10 years or so, so he's got an extensive knowledge on a bunch of subjects). And lol, Jyo doesn't know me well enough then. I wouldn't write something like that if I wasn't certain. When I'm not sure of what I'm saying I tend to add "I think", or "I believe", I'd never say "Known for needing to study Japanese" or "What you're saying makes no sense" otherwise.

For Chaves (er, I know you dislike this name, but for me it's so weird saying El Chavo), the only way it could be real was only if it was popular in the US, which as far as I know it's not. And with the whole issue with Televisa (which's worldwide), the Disney thing becomes even closer to a rumor. There was one these days that Chaves'd go to Globoplay (a Brazilian streaming service), but it was soon debunked lol It's just like you said, any news regarding Chaves goes to every media possible. It manages to be popular to this day! With all age groups. Quico's Brazilian voice actor has a Youtube channel and, lol, people are always bombarding him to say Quico's catchphrases or talk about the show (and he doesn't know that much!), if he's not careful his whole live becomes a Chaves live, one hour straight only talking about Chaves lol He usually complains about that.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Don't worry, sometimes it takes me years to respond :ROFLMAO:, there's no rush. I think we're all curious at some point about how the others really look, you mentioned once that you had blue eyes, in my case I have black hair, black eyes and my skin is slightly tanned, but I don't think I will ever post a photo of me on the forum, even if I had a really good photo I'm too shy for that :LOL:.

About the name Chaves, that was just a joke, I have nothing against the name, what I find curious is that the name means Keys, how are keys related to El Chavo? :unsure:. What you tell me about the brazilian actor of Quico reminds me a lot of how latin fans treat the actor of Goku, always asking him to say Goku quotes, and when there's a top of voice actors, whether made by fans or not, he's always number one, something that surely wouldn't happen if he wasn't Goku. But of course the actor is very talented and has other incredible roles, like for example playing Jim Carrey in most of his movies (in fact playing Jim Carrey in general is his favorite role).
    Galactic_V
    Galactic_V
    That's fine, I won't too. There's no reason for others to know how I look lol I'm still expecting one of your drawings though. And about taking years to respond, there's still our chat lol

Chaves (pronounced "Sha - vees") is not in the meaning of "keys", it's because it's a popular Brazilian last name. I remember reading somewhere that they preferred to choose a popular surname for the title character instead of going only by "O menino" or something else (not mentioning it is similar to Chavo). I remember calling it "Keys" when I was learning English years ago lol, to friends, etc... As in, "Have you wached Keys?", lol Anyway I did watch some episodes in Spanish, before the whole Televisa issue, and I don't really like it xD Other than being a very old sound, sometimes it's hard for me to understand what the characters say. I'd much rather my local dub.

About Goku, lol, I'm a little biased towards my local dub because our VA is basically treated as a God and Son Goku himself! For me it's ridiculous since the "original" Goku will always be Nozawa Masako, but I can understand the reason of some people not being able to get used to his Japanese voice. Idk, I'm not a fan of how voice actors (or dubbers, since what they do is dubbing, not creating new voices) are treated by fans as celebrities nowadays. I really like their work (even if I don't watch anything dubbed anymore, other than Chaves, of course), however some things are kind of frustrating (like when they start to feel like they are the character themselves). I don't know if I'd like Aria's future Brazilian dubber to be calling herself Aria for example. But yeah, it works the same over there xD
    Something silly funny happen to me
    Not long from this message

Replying to Ban Topic
    I missed the bus.
    Typing by time I looked up, bus I was going to catch had left.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    It seems you had a bit of bad luck today, be careful with that :LOL:. I was going to ask you something on your profile but since you're here I will ask, you really had no idea who my avatar was?, maybe it's because she's a DC character :ROFLMAO:.
    The avatar and title you currently have are probably the scariest ones yet. In the best way possible.
    foragot abll about sharing the experience, forgot to take the photo was going to take

will admit, they kind of looked like Pupusas from El Salvador, from the outside at least , so much better in taste and smell too, had a few different with meats
    Jyo
    Jyo
    I know I'm about a month late
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Yes they're similar in appearance to pupusas but they are filled in a different way, I'm glad you liked them. Thanks for telling me about your experience, and don't worry better late than never, I admit that I would have liked to see a photo but it's okay :LOL:.
    Jyo
    Jyo
    that's what I noticed, different filling, was it so good, didn't even need hot salsa, full of flavory
    our welcomed, will get more
    I just got to watch Raya and the Last Dragon last night and I really loved the movie, and like I said before I was waiting it to leave the Premier Access list to not have to pay extra for it. You used avatars related to it as soon as it was out, and then used one related to Cruella just as the movie got released, have you watched both movies when they came out? If so, how? xD

Not sure if you guys have Disney +, or if you're lucky enough to have the cinemas open (they're still closed in my city), or if you used another streaming service to watch them.
    Galactic_V
    Galactic_V
    I've been hearing it's getting more and more strict for at least 15 years lol, ever since I started doing it. Thing is, it'll never cease to exist since it's impossible to completely ban it, and putting everyone who does it in jail'd end in not enough jails to put every single people that did commit the crime.

However, like I said, I don't do it anymore since it's sort of a headache when you think about it (you're basically risking getting a bunch of viruses by downloading a possibly low-quality movie in your PC), not mentioning the searching and hunting for said movie, so streaming is now the most feasible option imo. It's not that expensive (heck, Disney+ is only 9 bucks a month, cheaper than Netfllix for eg) and with a lot of content both from the past and present (they're still missing some sitcoms I used to watch though, like I'm in the Band and Zeke & Luther, but they'll be included eventually).
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Well, I was talking specifically about my country, I don't have much knowledge of how it is in other countries, though of course it will be stricter in North America since the companies are closer. Here you can sell pirated DVDs on the street without consequences, and a cousin who lives in Colombia told me that the same thing happens there as well.
    Galactic_V
    Galactic_V
    It works the same in Brazil lol They have entire neighborhoods only dedicated for piracy in Sao Paulo. Of course it's way harder to get original stuff over there and where you live, I understand that since I've been through that in the past too, and that's why I've never judged people who do it.

Back in the PS1 and 2 days, everyone'd only purchase bootlegged copies. I must have around a hundred PS1 games stacked in my parents' home and, let's say, only two of them are original copies xD All my English copies of Pokemon games (from the GB\GBA days) are also bootlegged, with the exception of a FireRed one I did get the official.
    That Beautifly art looks nice, good avatar choice!
    • Love
    TheGoldenToon
    TheGoldenToon
    Nice, I always liked Beautifly since the AG series with May's. Thank you too :), Rocko's Modern Life's a good show even to this day, guess you can say I've been extra nostalgic about older cartoons as far as the last few months go, lol.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Yes, I love May's Beautifly as well, in fact it's my favorite May's Pokémon, and Skitty is my second, though I wasn't really thinking about that when I chose the avatar :LOL:. Yes, in my opinion a good show is always a good show no matter the time, and don't worry I'm nostalgic about old shows and movies all the time :ROFLMAO:.
    TheGoldenToon
    TheGoldenToon
    And speaking of Skitty. :p
    I definitely recommend watching Stick It, it certainly surprises me that you think it's overacted though, especially that scene in particular, as the movie gets praised on it's acting lol. Also no context needed really, it's just showing that Joanne is not exactly all there sometimes and not really the brightest.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    I didn't mention it but I was referring specifically to Joanne and the girl who repeated the message, but in fairness this kind of girls are usually very dramatic, even in real life. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll keep it in mind, watching new movies is always good.
    Tactician Karina
    Tactician Karina
    Ah gotcha. True they indeed are, and to be fair on your point it probably did need to be a bit overacted, especially to showcase her personality lol.
    Agreed. Slinky is one of the best Disney characters to ever exist. Truly a gud boi. I had a slinky when I was younger. He was great........until he got tangled up.
    Unpopular opinion: We needed to see lore of those army soldiers. At least the slinky dog got multiple films.
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    EternalPokéFanGirl
    Yes, I agree, in fact Toy Story has many characters that would be great to know more about, but unfortunately the movies can't give enough attention to everyone, but shorts about them would be great. It always seemed weird to me that in the third movie the soldiers literally flew out the window :oops:, a minor character that I would love to know more about is Chuckles the Clown, he's very cool.
    Reactions: Neyo
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom