Recent content by FabuVinny

1. F

Review S15 EP49: Unova's Survival Crisis!

It's a bit silly to pretend the trio is gone for good so no big loss really. Jessie's line at the end can easily lead into their return to chasing Pikachu. For good reason too. That big attack was something I'd expect to see in a Pokémon Adventures finale! The plot isn't particularly strong...
  2. F

Review S15 EP48: Meloetta and the Undersea Temple!

Protectors protect, do they? Thanks for the clarification, Cilan! ...That was the big battle between Ash and Giovanni? Persian overpowered Pikachu with only two moves! The rest of the episode was nice and dramatic, though.
  3. F

Review BW103: The Isshu League Higaki Conference Gets Underway! Satoshi VS Shooty!!

Normally, the first league episode would end on the opening ceremony. (After getting the ceremonial flame back from Team Rocket.) But Best Wishes just jumps straight into the start of Ash's battle with his main rival. The anime pacing has always been all over the place but I have to wonder...
  4. F

Elite Four, my ass!!

Trainers in post-game areas may have higher levels but most of them would never get through the E4. The Elite Four have strong Pokémon and tactics while the trainers are the same mooks you've seen before, just with higher levels. It's the same deal with the early Gym Leaders. They far weaker...
  5. F

Orre - Main Series? Or Side Game?

Ranger isn't the only side game to award you with Pokémon in the main series either. I got my Jirachi from Channel. The difference is that Colosseum and XD involve mutual trading in the Pokémon Centre. You don't just get the Pokémon you catch transferred for free - You have to send something...
  6. F

Zorua in 13th Movie

It could go either way really. Ash is terrible at keeping promises but the series has surprised us with what little pieces of continuity briefly came back in recent years. Aura. That is all.
  7. F

BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" and "Iris and Kibago!" Preview Th

Re: BW 001-002 "To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!" and "Iris and Kibago!" Previe The preview thread is a couple of hours early, not weeks. And there's a character limit on titles. Pikachu seems to be overloading on electricity and is saved by the Professor. Episode 1 of AG anyone? I...
  8. F

Review DP191: Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!

Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread Starly alarm clock! ...But real Pokémon are apparently more effective. :p We've got a nice mix of comedy and somber recollections without actual flashbacks. Hey look, it's TR's Delibird. And Giovanni still has his...
  9. F

Anime=/=Games

Not exactly the attitude an encyclopedia should be taking... How far do you go with the differences between the anime and games? The show tries to incorporate the battle system into how it might work in reality rather than sticking to a rigid turn-based battle system. (Thus, all the...
  10. F

Review DP191: Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!

Re: DP 191 "Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!" Preview Thread Heh, Ash and Brock's last moments at the crossroads are very different to last time. I guess he's not "always like that", huh Brock? It would be nice but I'm curious to how much time will even be spent in Pallet Town...
  11. F

Review DP190: Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!

Re: DP 190 "Pokémon Doctor - Takeshi!" Preview Thread From a character perspective, it seems a strange time for a Nurse Joy to throw that idea out now after all the other injured Pokémon he has helped over the years. But maybe we're only hearing it now because Brock is suddenly ready to become...
  12. F

Misty's Song...

The perception that PokeShipping is purely a 4Kids creation comes precisely from these extra pieces outside the anime that spell it out much louder than the show. But to be fair, extra songs that explore the characters are pretty common in the Japanese side of anime. The problem with Misty's...
  13. F

Return of Kadabra to TCG

Have we seen Kadabra in the anime? Mira's Kadabra was downgraded to an Abra in the series. It's Porygon again. Controversy strikes and Japan immediately stops paying any attention to it.
  14. F

Anime season title revealed: Next season to be "Pocket Monsters: Best Wishes"

OMG Jirachi means Max returns I have to agree with Bikini Miltank. Best Wishes just sounds like happy-go-lucky gratuitous English that happens to use the letters B and W. And I still say don't write out Brock just yet. Remember, Paul showed up with Ash and Dawn in the first DP picture we got.
  15. F

So they're teasing us with a possible end of Satoshi (Ash)'s journey

I have a hunch that this is related to this story. So the artwork is only of characters that appear in the first three episodes. (Though it might not be all of them. Surely, we'll see the Professor at least...) Brock or a different third member of the group will probably show up in episode 4.
Back
Top Bottom