FANG-TAN
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, it was pretty snippy. Maybe post it but with less snide. You're take on thing are very interesting.

And I hope you get around to posting a review. I like to immortalize my feedback (don't want to sound arrogant).
    That's weird, I got this email showing that you commented on my "Ho-Oh" thread in the Anime sec. What happened to it?
    I didn't read your VM until just now, though I approved your comment a few hours ago. Sorry for missing your VM
    "THIS. The original Satoshi wouldn't have acted that way in regards to his mother. I remember how he sporadically thought about his mother now and then. Heck, there's the third movie where he was very eager to greet his mother and, of course, went to great lengths to get her back from the tower. Now he just doesn't give a crap, and people say it's normal because he's ten. No... no, that doesn't sound normal, even for real ten-year olds. Unless you come from a dysfunctional family... The boy in the BW final wasn't the same Satoshi I saw in EP027. Can't be.

Remember when Satoshi used to physically take part in the main movie conflicts? That Entei vs. Lizardon... best battle in the entire series because there was story and emotion to it, and Satoshi was part of that. Now, even in the movies, Satoshi is just a background prop for advertisement for the newer films. It breaks my heart that there are people that are actually saying the 16th movie is their favorite. I miss Mewtwo and... well-written, ambitious plots..."

Agreed wholeheartedly, man. Anyone who says the 16th Movie is their favorite must have nuts for brains, and anyone who says that a kid doesn't care about his mom when he is ten is just delusional.
    A cross between the two would be ideal, so I agree there. Digimon Adventure is way better than what the PKMN Anime is now...there's no contest.

Agreed with your thoughts on Rocket Gang: although, I prefer the mindlessly evil drones over the mindlessly retarded idiots: there's some method to their madness there, so to speak.

I feel your pain about the Generations: agreed.

He does feel like an empty caricature of who he used to be by all means-- it is sickening to see the marketing tool he has become. I could puke, too, tbh. When he acted like such a dick to his mom in the BW finale, I wanted to punch him in the face.
    Agreed with pretty much all of that, man.

However, I feel Eureka is meh...I mean, she's not BAD, but she's not particularly GOOD either. Honestly, Max/Masato had more depth of character than her, and an actual goal. Eureka/Bonnie is cute, but what does that matter if there's no depth of character to her, man? I understand she's a little girl, of course, but...you know, it's a bit disappointing?

Don't even get me started on Team Rocket/Roketto-Dan here...I'm seriously going to blow a fuse and scream at seeing what they've done to them again. They're blatantly retarded and idiots again, and...it's appalling to see them this way. I...could cry...I'm seriously horrified at them right now.

Satoshi is so meh...I don't hate him this way, I guess (he's better than his DP and BW incarnations...I guess), but like you said he has no character anymore itself like he did in the OS-- no depth like he used to. Serena is a completely disgrace altogether, IMO.

Agreed: there's nothing there at all except Serena's one-sided romance for Ash, which we all know isn't happening for several reasons.

Me too: I really used to during Generation I. Nowadays, the anime is the one I pretty much loathe and can't stand. Agreed...it's sad.
    I wonder why he seems to take potshots at PokeSpe any chance he gets whether relevant to the Anime thread or not.
    Same here: honestly, I'm re-watching some OS episodes, and I'm thinking: "Wow. What has happened to Ash, Team Rocket, and the others over the years? They're awesome here!" I wouldn't have minded that: sure, we'd have been missing the excellent third movie and great second movie, in addition to the great Mewtwo Specials, but had I known the anime would've been turned into this...I wouldn't have minded it ending with 81 episodes at all.

I like Ash/Satoshi as a character: I also like Team Rocket, but I hate the way they're being written: not the characters themselves.

"It's painful to see people supporting the idea of dulling his character slowly by keeping him as the main character and never letting him reach his goal."

^That's exactly how I feel: it just isn't worth it if it means dulling him over time and making him into a static and stagnant character. Same exact thing can be said of TRio. ^

Man, I hate it too. I don't even see how a series like The Simpsons is a fair comparison to Pokemon on their part: I mean, in Pokemon, Ash has an actual goal he sets out to accomplish-- to become the world's greatest Pokemon Trainer, or Pokemon Master. Heck, even Team Rocket have a goal in terms of trying to become Sakaki's main underlings and Meowth to become his "top cat" instead of Sakaki's Persian (and I guess the whole obvious plot of them having a fetish for Ash's Pikachu as well, which is never happening-- though, that's a good thing). Ash is on a quest, and is Bart Simpson? No. Not even a remotely decent comparison. Exactly!

I wish they'd age Ash: I've accepted the writers are keeping him 10, but that doesn't mean I don't want him to age. I'd love it if he did age!
    OMG...LMAO.

That old guy was still nasty as hell in the dub, IIRC. Hated him there, and he's even worse here! lol.

Yup, I definitely remember him doing that with Casey.

ROFL @ Gary's cheerleaders being the same age as him!

I agree completely. Exactly! Most definitely about the marketing vs. artistic expression. Yes, it most certainly has. Should definitely be more about intrigue and less about the toys. Very, very true.
    I honestly didn't remember: I've watched the English dub way too long. I still remember Brock (Takeshi) in the English dub of that same episode saying, "She can violate my rights if...", but then, he falls in love with every girl he sees over a certain age anyway. xD.

True: I remember he was showing signs he liked Misty (Kasumi) there.

Thanks for that: sorry for troubling you like that if I did.

Me too, man. I really miss the old Ash...I don't like what the writers have turned him and the others into at all. It's like seeing lifeless shells of the old versions of the characters with no personality that have taken the place of the real characters: as you've said, they've been flanderized beyond recognition. It's incredibly painful to see some of your childhood heroes being turned into...well, you know. Well, for me, anyway.
    You're not alone! I know: I am a PokeShipper, so this eats away at me as well. Not to worry, though: by the time of Gen 7's effing anime (you can see my patience has run dry with this series' anime-- cannot stand seeing Ash and Team Rocket being flanderized like this, man), this Ash x Serena thing will most likely disappear altogether! xD.

Ash/Satoshi has been dense to every girl since...Giselle from Episode 9? I don't remember her JPN name: sorry, that's her ENG dub name. Basically, that lass with brown hair. I'd ideally like to see him with Misty/Kasumi, seeing as they pretty much perfectly complement each others' personalities and such, but I know what the anime has become. Kills me, man, kills me.
    I think you said it better than I ever could in that one sentence.

"What exactly is her purpose besides dwelling on that childhood camp?"

That's what I've been asking myself for the last 6 episodes of XY. The only "goal" I see is that she wants to seduce Ash/SATOSHI-KUN big time! xD.

Seriously, though, Gen6fan suspects she has an interest in gym battles and will do Sky Battles or something. Time will tell, I guess.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom