• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.
FANG-TAN
Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• The characters in KLK are definitely engaging :D Mako is certainly a cutie XDD

o_O though SAO was pretty much all over the place when it aired. I didn't really get the hype because the characters didn't look interesting.

Yes, Free! has very awesome swimming animation. People were impressed with the detailed swimming motions and how their muscles were moving in the right way. I especially love how they featured the water because it was so cool and so refreshing on the screen :D
    I'd still say Kill la Kill is doing good - it offers fanservice to the female viewers as well XD I just love how they included the transformation sequences for the three E4 guys XDD *such replay value* And the teacher who undresses for no reason lol. It's crazy (a good kind of crazy), so hopefully there's some plot included from now on to make it more interesting. It's fun as it is and enjoyable to watch without thinking, but I'd like to see more from it. I didn't watch SAO, but I've seen conflicting opinions on it. Those who watched it either love it or hate it.

Free! is okay. It's rather good for a sports anime that only lasts for 12 episodes (most sports anime go over 25 at least). They did a very good job with the swimming animation and the plot is okay. I'd have to say, episode 3 and 4 are my favorites - they really made my day.
    Hi! I recently checked out your anime blog - nice review on Kill la Kill :D I agree that the anime is crazy (a good kind of crazy), but I never knew people overhyped it o.o

Have you watched Free! yet? It's pretty good, btw
    I also make Rosa's mother a father (trust me, I have a damn good reason I'd rather not spoil) who's reluctant to let her be a Trainer due to his bad experience as one (something his own dad was against). He gives in when Cheren and Bianca convince him it'd help Rosa grow into a better person. Rather than discard his character after Aspertia City is left, while Rosa gets Snivy and Hugh gets Tepig, he actually takes the Oshawott and rekindles his lost drive to be a Trainer (his first battle with his daughter becomes part of the reason he lets her travel as a Trainer).
    It's also sort of a contrast to my portrayal of Hilda who has some traits of a more traditional Shonen hero like Special!Red (though she's not actively expressing her goals like Ash or Luffy, can be like a mother when managing her Pokemon and has a lot more common sense from the get-go).
    For my BW2 adaptation fic, I plan to make Rosa a sort of female Yusuke Urameshi (from Yu Yu Hakusho). Sort of the opposite of how she looks and fitting in with the yin-yang thing with BW. That is, she looks girly and nice but is really a tough, rebellious teenager (her outfit and hairstyle goes against her high school's dress code) which is the basis of her character development.
    "You think Duelist Kingdom rules are bullshit? No, let’s talk about Season 0 rules. You just make shit up. ATK and DEF points are a *suggestion*. If you can convince your opponent that you should win, you win."

^SO. FREAKING. TRUE.^
    "LAWL RANDOM FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE WHEN YOU COULD REALLY USE THE TIME TO CALL AN AMBULANCE FOR THIS DYING OLD MAN."

^This made me laugh WAY harder than it should have.^
    I agree, but I guess if you wanted to consider the post-Mind Crush Kaiba a villain, I'd rank him there. However, after the mind crush, he was pretty much the anti-hero of the series for the remainder of his tenure.

He was pretty interesting to me as well. Not really, no: never really specific about the guy! lol.
    Exactly! lol.

More or less the same ranking as you for the antagonists, however, I liked Dartz from the filler DOMA arc of DM Anime because the guy was a complete dick to everyone while under the influence of the Orichalcos, so I'd put him in between Seto Kaiba (pre-mind Crush) and Pegasus J. Crawford.

Also, I'd put Seto post-mind Crush above Dark Marik-- Dark Marik more or less creeped me out more than he scared me.

So, for me, it'd be slightly different:

Dark Bakura > Seto Kaiba (pre-Mind Crush) > Dartz (filler DOMA arc of DM Anime) > Pegasus J. Crawford > Seto Kaiba (post-Mind Crush) > Dark Marik > Mr. Clown > Shadi > The Rest
    ROFL. xD.

I agree about Judai and Yusei, but Yuma just irritates me for some reason-- I can't explain why, but he does...he's gotten better in Zexal II than in I, but I honestly pay more attention to Astral than him! I don't know what it is, but his stupidity can get a little overbearing at times for me. No offense!

Agreed completely about Yugi being the best out of the 4 leads for those reasons, man.

For me, it'd go:

Yuugi > Yusei > Judai > Yuma
    Definitely: that was spectacular, IMO.

That's perfectly understandable, though I actually liked the crossover movie myself. Then again, I actually liked Yusei second most after Yugi myself: did you like any of the protagonists for the YGO Series besides Yugi, or pretty much just him?

On a side note, I cannot stand Yuma for some reason: even Jaden/Judai was better than him, IMO. xD.
    I know...it's really sad to see what could have been with the anime, and what it has become instead. *sighs*

Pretty much, yeah. Yup: you bet!

Unfortunately so: that was one of the most epic parts of the manga to me. :)

I loved the Death-T arc in the manga: the anime only did it in the Toei series, and it was okay there still, but not nearly as good as it was in the manga. It'd be a pretty badass anime if they animated it faithfully.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom