• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Recent content by FANG-TAN

1. FANG-TAN

NEWS: New Pokemon Anime Announcement!

What, the announcement tweet? It doesn't say anything other than what English sites like Serebii have already reported. The video: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT This story will take you to all Pokemon worlds! 9/29 - Announcement of details" The tweet: ""This story will take you to all Pokemon...
  2. FANG-TAN

He means it in the context of "I'm going to try and do an even better job with my work compared to before" as opposed to talking about the series literally. It's not something to look that deep into, there's no hidden message to look for. Which is why the Twitter replies that are actually in the...
  3. FANG-TAN

This is what Mima-san's tweet translates to. "Seems like it got announced, didn't it? I'm thankful that I've been put in charge of the new series as well. I intend to challenge this with the feeling of being in charge of a new series rather than an extension. Please look forward to the new...
  4. FANG-TAN

Unpopular opinion: TPCI's dub has the exact same quality as 4Kids' dub

Okay, anyone's free to enjoy the English dubs if they want, but let's not lie to yourselves here. Faithfulness is not subject to opinion, it is an objective characteristic. They are not faithful, so do not pretend they are faithful. There hasn't been a fansubbing group with enough free time or...
  5. FANG-TAN

NEWS: Pokemon Uncut Dub Petition

A (badly) subtitled version of the Japanese version of Digimon Adventure was available on Netflix for some time. Seems their contract has expired though. They did.
  6. FANG-TAN

It's on the Clefairy card for the new Dream League TCG set. :)

It's on the Clefairy card for the new Dream League TCG set. :)
  7. FANG-TAN

As a hardcore fan of the original movie, I appreciate that Evolution keeps a lot of the story...

As a hardcore fan of the original movie, I appreciate that Evolution keeps a lot of the story intact and actually managed to bring back Ichimura for the role. As an animation buff though, I still think the new animation looks bad and would have preferred a digital update to the old animation's...
  8. FANG-TAN

1. It's a really obscure disorder, and of course, it made me get other serious sicknesses that...

1. It's a really obscure disorder, and of course, it made me get other serious sicknesses that had to be dealt with, like sepsis and psneumonia because of the lowered immune system. But I think it's just the doctors I've seen not being very competent. It took them under 4 hours to find something...
  9. FANG-TAN

That was actually among my favorite moments in the film. I actually wouldn't have minded if they...

That was actually among my favorite moments in the film. I actually wouldn't have minded if they had scrapped the Orange League plot in the main TV series and just put an extended version of the movie's plot in its place. Feel the same way with the Mewtwo special when it comes to the Jouto...
  10. FANG-TAN

Long time, no talk. Great avatar of a great underrated movie character.

Long time, no talk. Great avatar of a great underrated movie character.
  11. FANG-TAN

No, it's quite alright, thanks for catching that. I didn't notice I missed the choonpu when I...

No, it's quite alright, thanks for catching that. I didn't notice I missed the choonpu when I typed it.
  12. FANG-TAN

4Kids was run by an animal, its name was Al Kahn. Sorry, not sorry for that joke. Plus, humans are animals, so I ain't wrong... I guess if a hypothetical redub of just the Kantou episodes were aimed at super fans that obviously wouldn't mind if there's potentially controversial content, they'd...
  13. FANG-TAN

Females and actual male children usually voice male child characters because an adult male's voice chords are usually too far-developed to sound convincing in a child role (there are of course exceptions that I've heard on the Japanese side of things where men can even voice women characters...
  14. FANG-TAN

"Normal" is rather relative when you're dealing with different countries and cultures. :P
  15. FANG-TAN

It probably isn't fixed in dubs. Teenage girls have a high probability of sounding annoying to certain adults in every country, it's just more tolerable in tongues they can understand or if they make them sound too old, which is probably a miscasting situation to begin with.