Recent content by Flynn

1. Flynn

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Sometimes jokes or visual gags that they couldn't translate would get cut, like Jessie confusing Yanma for a yanmama (delinquent mom) and a yankee's mama (delinquent's mom) in Wings 'N' Things. For something that's not documented (at least not on Bulbapedia), in Type Casting, the scene where...
  2. Flynn

Why did Johto have so much filler?

Like others have said I think it was just growing pains as they shifted to making a show that wasn't going to end anytime soon. Though, I've always wondered how much the show was affected by Takeshi Shudo stepping down (or demoted?) as head writer after EP156. Really makes me wish we had more...
  3. Flynn

Review JNS05: The Distant Blue Sky

Between Ash and Team Rocket's designs, Ishizuka's narration, and Miyazaki's music, mmm.... us old school Pokemon fans are eating good. The music in this really drives home how disappointing PM2019's score is, and I generally like the music Yuki Hayashi made for the show. We got a nice mixture of...
  4. Flynn

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Seriously, translating 34 pages free of charge is nothing short of amazing. Thanks for all that you do and continue to do for this fandom.
  5. Flynn

Preview JN135: Pokémon! I'm Glad I Got to Meet You!!

They didn't show one. Weren't we supposed to get some sort of announcement?
  6. Flynn

What's the most annoying voice in the original JPN version?

The bad voices to me are either when they do stunt casting and hire either people who have no or barely any acting experience whatsoever or they hire J-drama actors with no voice acting experience. So my list off the top of my head would be: Rola in M12 Nicole Fujita as Stufful in SM That one...
  7. Flynn

Are There Any Pieces of Instrumental Dub Music You Actually Liked in the PokeAni International Dub (4Kids or TPCI)- NOT COUNTING INTROS OR ENDINGS!

I like the 4Kids tracks that are used in Pokemon Puzzle League for the N64. Also the 4Kids stuff TAJ used in seasons 9 and 10 are pretty good.
  8. Flynn

S25: Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series - Dub Title Thread

https://twitter.com/stroope_preston/status/1530624689038565380
  9. Flynn

How to identify different animation supervisors

Going through this thread makes me sad that Tamagawa hasn't been involved with the show in almost 8 years.
  10. Flynn

Why did people not seem to mind the dub replacing music as much before XY?

People have always cared about the music replacements. The dub music bothered me when I actively watched the dub when Diamond & Pearl was the current series, and I definitely wasn't the only one who disliked it. The thing is when Goldfarb joined the % of music kept in a given episode dropped...
  11. Flynn

Music I'm looking for an anime BGM from DP series

It's this. View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmEOuiVhP9U This isn't the actual track though; it's a recreation. This is the best you can get though since the vast majority of dub music has never been released.
  12. Flynn

Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

View: https://youtu.be/OvdvgZ3CpWA?t=26 This was the original Eng dub opening song before they settled on "Pokemon Theme"
  13. Flynn

Preview JN061: Leave Everything to Us! Prasle Minun Handymen!!

Definitely, Sun & Moon had quite a number of them.
  14. Flynn

When does the Kanto Battle Frontier arc truly start?

I did some digging and apparently the BF rental DVDs start at AG135. Between that and the fact that the OP and ED both change at AG135, it seems like the staff considers that to be the start of the BF arc.
  15. Flynn

When does the Kanto Battle Frontier arc truly start?

For what it's worth, the Japanese Pokemon wiki and Japanese Wikipedia consider the start to be AG135.
Back
Top Bottom